Khan with some Trade Deadline Updates

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I was trying to imply that dats and Zs aging and inevitable regression is what led to the regression of Tatar (and nyquist)

Maybe Tatar, but not Nyquist. I'm pretty sure that when Nyquist had his amazing run of 2014, both D and Z were injured for a large part of it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think Glendening is hemmed in his zone a lot based on the numbers, but I think those kind of stats are never only on one player, but on whatever line you are on. He plays on the 4th line, in front of OUR defense, how many 4th liners aren't spending a lot of time in their own zone in this scenario. Even Kris Draper would have trouble in this situation and he was one of the best 4th liners ever.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Glendening is hemmed in his zone a lot based on the numbers, but I think those kind of stats are never only on one player, but on whatever line you are on. He plays on the 4th line, in front of OUR defense, how many 4th liners aren't spending a lot of time in their own zone in this scenario. Even Kris Draper would have trouble in this situation and he was one of the best 4th liners ever.

Yeah... It's just Zone starts which will make his Corsi look bad. With this kind of role players, Corsi is absolutely meaningless stat.

Or is Babcock lunatic, if he loves to have this kind guy. The best coaches know what the importance for him is.

Most of hockey fans just don't get it.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah... It's just Zone starts which will make his Corsi look bad. With this kind of role players, Corsi is absolutely meaningless stat.

Or is Babcock lunatic, if he loves to have this kind guy. The best coaches know what the importance for him is.

Most of hockey fans just don't get it.
Individual corsi has always been a really bad stat.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit scouts at the Minnesota / New Jersey game :

Detroit only plays Minnesota on March 4th and won't be playing against New Jersey again. Minnesota might be looking at secondary scoring, but doesn't have a lot of cap room. New Jersey has a lot of cap room, but are they really buyers? Nyquist would be a great fit I think, especially with the Johansson injury.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Minnesota might be looking at secondary scoring, but doesn't have a lot of cap room. New Jersey has a lot of cap room, but are they really buyers? Nyquist would be a great fit I think, especially with the Johansson injury.

Can't see a fit with Minnesota. Anyhow.

But something like

Mirco Mueller + 2nd round pick at 2019 for Nyquist + Ouellet.

Or it could be just Nyquist for RhD. Devils have plenty of them. Severson, Vatanen, Lovejoy and Santini (not playing tonight).

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Detroit scouts at the Minnesota / New Jersey game :

Detroit only plays Minnesota on March 4th and won't be playing against New Jersey again. Minnesota might be looking at secondary scoring, but doesn't have a lot of cap room. New Jersey has a lot of cap room, but are they really buyers? Nyquist would be a great fit I think, especially with the Johansson injury.

Probably just forgot that Quincey got waived and sent to the AHL.

Reactions: Filppula

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Considering they just snagged Grabner, wonder if the Devils had inquired about Nyquist/Tatar, and the Wings wanted to see what they had to offer.

Devils have truckloads of cap space for this and next season, so it could still be a possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad