Rumor: Kevin Hayes to St. Louis gaining steam - rumored to be 'huge' deal involving many players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
i see six 20g and two 15g and adding Hayes at 3C is another 18-20g. I guess I’m higher on the top 9 than most. We just need a #1 LD to compete for a playoff spot.
The top 9 would still, from 2021-2022. Have to replace ROR and Perron’s contributions offensively and defensively.

I think Vrana, while not as good as Tarasenko, can probably replace 70% of his offensive contributions.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
i see one 40g, two 30g, three 20g and two 15g and adding Hayes at 3C is another 18-20g. I guess I’m higher on the top 9 than most. We just need a #1 LD to compete for a playoff spot.
I agree with this assessment. We don't have a true top 4 LHD. Krug, Leddy and Scandella are all really 3rd pairing guys. Pick up a top 4 LHD and move 2 of Scandella, Leddy and Krug. Let Perunovich, Rosen and Tucker battle for the other top 4 spot. If not move the vet back up or pick someone up at the trade deadline.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I agree with this assessment. We don't have a true top 4 LHD. Krug, Leddy and Scandella are all really 3rd pairing guys. Pick up a top 4 LHD and move 2 of Scandella, Leddy and Krug. Let Perunovich, Rosen and Tucker battle for the other top 4 spot. If not move the vet back up or pick someone up at the trade deadline.

id actually like to replace Krug, Leddy and Scandella with Sanheim, Tucker and another bigger and more physical 2LD.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
id actually like to replace Krug, Leddy and Scandella with Sanheim, Tucker and another bigger and more physical 2LD.

That's barely any marginal improvement.

It solves at best one of our problems, highly debatable one at that.

Sanheim replacing Krug is a move in the right direction. Not in all areas, especially the PP; we better hope that Perunovich is injury free this season. Leddy to Tucker is a huge downgrade, not sure how that helps us at all. And that "big and physical LD" needs to be highly mobile and can be QB if need arises, otherwise we are better off at trying Perunovich first.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
A player that has never made the WJC at Bolduc's age is not a top 50 prospect.
Lol bro. So that's the bar. How about he was one of the best players in the chl championships. Is a 2ppg player and had 1 goal per game last season but yeah not a top 50. Lol. I say good day

Lol bro. So that's the bar. How about he was one of the best players in the chl championships. Is a 2ppg player and had 1 goal per game last season but yeah not a top 50. Lol. I say good day
I truly hope army doesn't burn a 1st on this crap.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Starting to look like most of the "reports" about this alleged trade were BS. Keith Jones himself said this morning that a lot of what tweeted out over the weekend wasn't accurate.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
That's barely any marginal improvement.

It solves at best one of our problems, highly debatable one at that.

Sanheim replacing Krug is a move in the right direction. Not in all areas, especially the PP; we better hope that Perunovich is injury free this season. Leddy to Tucker is a huge downgrade, not sure how that helps us at all. And that "big and physical LD" needs to be highly mobile and can be QB if need arises, otherwise we are better off at trying Perunovich first.

I’d rather have defenders with length who can actually defend. Our transitioning to smurfs isn’t working. We should have learned by watching our cup winning D.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The one thing in this whole fiasco that hasn’t been mentioned enough is, it seemed to really downgrade the worth of Sanheim. The Flyers will be much better served moving him by himself.

Reactions: Tripod

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I don't get it. Why can't they just waive Krug? That's why NMCs are so much bigger than NTCs. Krug doesn't want it? Fine, put him on waivers and Philly picks him up. Then trade Sanheim and Hayes for pick 29 or whatever. Done.

Worst case, some other team claims him, then there's no trade, and you lose Krug's 6.5 mil cap hit for nothing.

Why can't they do this?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I don't get it. Why can't they just waive Krug? That's why NMCs are so much bigger than NTCs. Krug doesn't want it? Fine, put him on waivers and Philly picks him up. Then trade Sanheim and Hayes for pick 29 or whatever. Done.

Worst case, some other team claims him, then there's no trade, and you lose Krug's 6.5 mil cap hit for nothing.

Why can't they do this?
And when nobody picks him up and he clears waivers then what ?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Why can't they do this?
They could but I doubt either wants to do business like that. Krug has been in the league for a long time, is a winner, and respected person/player. That wouldn't be a good look for either organization and while they wouldn't have a leg to stand on I'm sure the NHLPA would cause a stink about it too.

Reactions: southsider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad