Rumor: Kevin Hayes to St. Louis gaining steam - rumored to be 'huge' deal involving many players

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The Blues 4 lines will be as good as anybody’s, they just need to fix their LD

They do need to fix their D, but they have a lot to prove at forward, too. They're basically one good defenseman and health away from being a firm wildcard team that scares a contender in the playoffs. But nearly everything is riding on unknowns, it's not just left defense. I don't blame fans of any other team for being skeptical of success in the coming season or two. But even those people should readily grasp the roster situation and that their core is not a cataclysmic burn-down rebuild age.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So a one time 40 pt player at 30 years old is worth a 1st and 2nd. In what world.
The Flyers have reportedly turned down a 1+2 recently for him and a 1st at the deadline before his contract was signed.

He’s signed for several more years at a good cost. Just came off a good run for Canada. One time 40 pt yes, but that was last year with 18 goals. I think he also lead the league in short handed pts?

I would be happy to trade him for a 1 + 2 but that appears to be his value too right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’m not saying it’s impossible. I guess I just don’t think this does anything other than maybe allow then to sneak back in the playoffs.

Worked for Florida I guess
I mostly agree. It's a step in the right direction being able to dump Krug and having a more functional top 4. I don't think it's a top 4 that we can contend with, and I don't think it's a spectacular forward group. It moves us from a team like what we finished as to a more solid bubble playoff team.
It's also kind of going all in with a Faulk/Parayko/Sanheim top 3 defensive group, which is a risk.

The Flyers have reportedly turned down a 1+2 recently for him and a 1st at the deadline before his contract was signed.

He’s signed for several more years at a good cost. Just came off a good run for Canada. One time 40 pt yes, but that was last year with 18 goals. I think he also lead the league in short handed pts?

I would be happy to trade him for a 1 + 2 but that appears to be his value too right now.
The reported 1+2 was in talks with the Blues, and it's safe to assume that the discussions between the teams have never been for 1 particular player, but as a bigger deal, so we have no idea if it was a 1+2 just for Laughton or as part of a bigger package with more pieces on each side.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
In theory I get it. But that’s not a cup roster, in my opinion.

Avs aren’t going anywhere, Dallas is a force right now. Maybe this pushes them past Minnesota? (Kinda doubt it)

I figured they’d sell off some vets and take a step back for a year or two. Guess not..

It’s hockey so obviously you never know.
I get It, not really top end talent there that the best teams have. Maybe Snuggerud, Thomas, and Kyrou are enough? Maybe Hofer pans out. They could easily grab a dman in the 1st this year to build around too. Not to mention they will have at least another 1st rounder.

Having Thomas and Kyrou make It hard to blow It up because they’re young stars signed for a long time. Interested to see what they do though.

Reactions: HawksDub89

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL

Lol no he isn't worth a 1st. Of he was flyers would have taken it.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I get It, not really top end talent there that the best teams have. Maybe Snuggerud, Thomas, and Kyrou are enough? Maybe Hofer pans out. They could easily grab a dman in the 1st this year to build around too. Not to mention they will have at least another 1st rounder.

Having Thomas and Kyrou make It hard to blow It up because they’re young stars signed for a long time. Interested to see what they do though.
Blueshave dean, bolduc, snuggerud, and whom ever they pick this year in draft. Then blues have marc andre g, kessel, loof and buchinger on defense. Then we have hofer, zherenko who will both be #1s in the league and content Ellis as a good back up.

Blues are doing goid.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Buchnevich
Neighbours - X - Kapanen
Blais - Alexandrov - Toropchenko

I’ll stick to my statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou
Neighbours - X - Kapanen

If you look closely, mostly are question marks. We can't base out assessment on the last few weeks of this season.

Vrana might be good, but also might well implode sometime into next season. There is even more uncertainly surrounding Kapanen that he is a long term solution as a top 9 player. Neighbours should not be penciled into the top 9 automatically, he hasn't shown so far that he can consistently perform at the NHL level. The entire 4th line are potentially marginal NHL players.

Schenn and Saad are also in gradual decline. While they can play top 6 minutes, it would be better to consider them 3rd line players on a contender caliber team. Buchnevich we will see whether he is willing to commit long term to the organization. We need extend some feelers to him. If he is not committed, we should be getting the best deal for him at the next TDL. Really the only sure things in that lineup are Kyrou and Thomas.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou
Neighbours - X - Kapanen

338th - 69th - 45th,
179th - 68th - 59th
403rd- XX - 196th
272nd - 440th - 313th

That's where those players finished in point scoring this past season. None are defensive dynamos except for Buchnevich and Saad. Schenn and Thomas can hold their own. But several are weak links. There needs to be a shit load of improvement coming off that production to not be the worst forward group in the NHL, much less the best.

Edmonton's top 4 forwards had more points than all 11 Blues forwards you named. And not just a few more points, 50 more points than all 11 forwards. 4 players off of Edmonton out scored the entire forward group you think will be the best by 50 points.

I'll stick by my statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Blueshave dean, bolduc, snuggerud, and whom ever they pick this year in draft. Then blues have marc andre g, kessel, loof and buchinger on defense. Then we have hofer, zherenko who will both be #1s in the league and content Ellis as a good back up.

Blues are doing goid.

Man I love this magical fairy land where not only does every prospect we have pan out, they also exceed all projections and become impact players! Snuggerud is our only top 50 prospect. Every team can name a bunch of kids in the system and pretend they're going to be impact players.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou
Neighbours - X - Kapanen

If this is the lineup we run, Army deserves to be fired. This isn’t going to happen. Expect a chunk of this to be traded off with picks for upgrades.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If an awful player doesn't want to waive to come to my team, then I fully support him...cause of family and stuff :sarcasm:

Just ribbing you a bit.

But in terms of family, if he kids are young, its not a big deal. If they aren't in school, he isn't not moving because of family. His oldest is like 4. It has nothing to do with family. That is a convenient excuse.
The Flyers are tanking so I don't care if he's awful.

Claiming it can't be family related because his kids are young is really stupid. A player could have zero kids and still not want to move for family reasons.

Lol no he isn't worth a 1st. Of he was flyers would have taken it.
Laughton will definitely get a 1st, whether he's traded this summer or at a deadline.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
If you look closely, mostly are question marks. We can't base out assessment on the last few weeks of this season.

Vrana might be good, but also might well implode sometime into next season. There is even more uncertainly surrounding Kapanen that he is a long term solution as a top 9 player. Neighbours should not be penciled into the top 9 automatically, he hasn't shown so far that he can consistently perform at the NHL level. The entire 4th line are potentially marginal NHL players.

Schenn and Saad are also in gradual decline. While they can play top 6 minutes, it would be better to consider them 3rd line players on a contender caliber team. Buchnevich we will see whether he is willing to commit long term to the organization. We need extend some feelers to him. If he is not committed, we should be getting the best deal for him at the next TDL. Really the only sure things in that lineup are Kyrou and Thomas.
Schenn and Saad are both still second line caliber players, though. They’ll eventually decline substantially but they’re still at a top 6 rate.

As for the rest, yeah, forward group is pretty mid as of now. Could be better or worse depending on how Kapanen/Blais/Vrana perform over the course of a full season.

Reactions: Majorityof1

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Man I love this magical fairy land where not only does every prospect we have pan out, they also exceed all projections and become impact players! Snuggerud is our only top 50 prospect. Every team can name a bunch of kids in the system and pretend they're going to be impact players.
Actually bolduc is top 50 as well. In one list dean was as well. Go look it up.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou
Neighbours - X - Kapanen

Do you consider that a better forward corps than the vaunted lineup that boasted nine different 20 goal scorers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad