Rumor: Kevin Hayes to St. Louis gaining steam - rumored to be 'huge' deal involving many players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If an awful player doesn't want to waive to come to my team, then I fully support him...cause of family and stuff :sarcasm:

Just ribbing you a bit.

But in terms of family, if he kids are young, its not a big deal. If they aren't in school, he isn't not moving because of family. His oldest is like 4. It has nothing to do with family. That is a convenient excuse.

Are you serious?

Getting traded has a massive impact on the family. Like where they live. Or if they don’t all move, dad is gone more than half the year.

It absolutely has an impact on family even if the kid isn’t in school.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
That's the sad part for players when they're part of a possible trade and they invoke their NTC. Fans may hold it against him if the trade doesn't end up going thru.

This is why Armstrong is notorious about no leaks ever. I had a bad feeling about this from the get go because of how public it was getting.

Reactions: Petes2424

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Also, Boston doesn't have money to take on Krug. That means more retention from Philly in that deal. That's locking up multiple retention slots over multiple years.

Seems very unlikely
Also doubt that package fetches Laughton alone. They will keep him in that case.

Reactions: Forge

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Are you serious?

Getting traded has a massive impact on the family. Like where they live. Or if they don’t all move, dad is gone more than half the year.

It absolutely has an impact on family even if the kid isn’t in school.

When your kids are young, it has a far lesser impact than when they are older. Pre-school is easier than elementary school which is easier than middle school which is easier than high school. There are literal studies that show this. The psychological impact of moving for kids before school is minimal.

Sure its a pain in the butt to move for anyone. But its far easier when you oldest kid is 4 than if you have a 10 year old and a 15 year old.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Has Saad been rumored to be on the move? Serious question, I haven't heard anything about Saad.

No, there isn't anything we are aware of.

He fits the team well, and has an important role on the team. Don't see any reason he is moved, except for cap reasons.

If you are moving out both Saad and Krug, then I doubt bringing in Hayes and Sanheim constitutes that much progress. They would be down a top PP guy and an important two-way forward that can play up and down the lineup. When Barbie was dealt, it was assumed that Saad would be around for the long term.

Reactions: Blanick

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I knew these would be the replies. In reality, it's really not that simple. Doesn't matter anyways as Blues look to be forcing him into a trade anyways.

Plenty of non wealthy people move with children. His wife likely stays at home with the children. Raising kids is a time consuming job but it's not some complicated solution to solve.

I think you're underestimating how much time people save when they have money.

Krug has every right not to waive a NTC or whatever but acting as if moving with kids is complicated is anything but the truth when you have the kind of money they do.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I don’t see the upside in this for STL. To maybe make the playoffs? Maybe win a series?

This makes them marginally better. But not enough to be a Cup team.
They have a ton of veterans signed over the next few years. They probably want to add some more talent with this deal and try to make a run in the next three years. Then it’s time to retool.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
They have a ton of veterans signed over the next few years. They probably want to add some more talent with this deal and try to make a run in the next three years. Then it’s time to retool.

In theory I get it. But that’s not a cup roster, in my opinion.

Avs aren’t going anywhere, Dallas is a force right now. Maybe this pushes them past Minnesota? (Kinda doubt it)

I figured they’d sell off some vets and take a step back for a year or two. Guess not..

It’s hockey so obviously you never know.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don’t see the upside in this for STL. To maybe make the playoffs? Maybe win a series?

Samheim over Krug is not a marginal move. It's a significant upgrade to one of our weakest positions.

Reactions: dundee

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Most teams in the league are not obviously "Cup teams." Their current core is too young to burn it down entirely and guarantee top picks by spending several seasons as a bottom 5 team. They're basically retooling around their 20-somethings (Thomas, Buchnevich, Kyrou) while the next wave of prospects arrives. Sanheim fits that age range if he is, indeed, part of the final deal.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Hearing Krug, 25 OA and 2024 2nd

Hayes(50% retained), Laughton, Sanheim

’Philly flips Krug to Boston
That is much worse for Philly than what was reported before. Those three players should bring much more back. Yesterday, it was Hayes (??% retained) and Sanheim for Krug (??% retained), late 2023 1st, and a prospect.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’m not saying it’s impossible. I guess I just don’t think this does anything other than maybe allow then to sneak back in the playoffs.

Worked for Florida I guess

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m not saying it’s impossible. I guess I just don’t think this does anything other than maybe allow then to sneak back in the playoffs.

Worked for Florida I guess

The Blues 4 lines will be as good as anybody’s, they just need to fix their LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad