Player Discussion Kevin Hayes part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hayes now has 18 points in 20 games...he scored 36 total points last season...he is already half way there..let that sink in :)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Nothing I see tells me miller or Hayes will be slowing down anytime soon their size skating and ability they just look like beasts.

If they both stay healthy I'd be surprised if either finishes with less than 60 pts. AT LEAST

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Nothing I see tells me miller or Hayes will be slowing down anytime soon their size skating and ability they just look like beasts.

If they both stay healthy I'd be surprised if either finishes with less than 60 pts. AT LEAST

Totally agree, nothing and i mean nothing seems to be looking like a "flash in the pan" or just a hot streak with Hayes. He has been as steady as I've seen. Really takes control of the game when he has the puck. His ice vision is AMAZING to me, and 8 out of 10x makes the correct pass a second before attracting a defender or 2 towards himself. Really opens up the ice for linemates.......amazing!

This will continue for sure. Only thing in his way, would be if he doesnt want to.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I may be wrong but, here it is......

I think in general many rookies come in and play well because.....
#1. They are gifted, worked hard to get there and deserving of the opportunity.
#2. They are psyched to have finally made it and want to shine and do

Then..........
#1. When the league figures them out/recognized, they falter a bit
#2. Being human, they take it for granted and may rest on their laurels and they think that they'll be equally as successful without putting in the work, during 1st off season.
#3. Mistakenly titled "sophomore slump"..........murmurings and excuses of "it happens"

Then, reality hits. They feel they didn't hit their own expectations for whatever reason. They read negative things about themselves, whether from forums or articles from well regarded hockey analysts etc.

#1. They hit the gym real hard
#2. Possibly lose weight
#3. Don't drink as often

This may be the case......def seems feasible.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Looks like to me Kevin wants to be considered as an elite center. He dove on the ice yesterday getting back to our blue line to defend. There is absolutely no reason to put a ceiling on Hayes potential. Of course its always the variables... commitment to training,partying and social life that are immeasurable from our view. Here's to hoping Kevin Hayes stays as THE BEAST.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I may be wrong but, here it is......

I think in general many rookies come in and play well because.....
#1. They are gifted, worked hard to get there and deserving of the opportunity.
#2. They are psyched to have finally made it and want to shine and do

Then..........
#1. When the league figures them out/recognized, they falter a bit
#2. Being human, they take it for granted and may rest on their laurels and they think that they'll be equally as successful without putting in the work, during 1st off season.
#3. Mistakenly titled "sophomore slump"..........murmurings and excuses of "it happens"

Then, reality hits. They feel they didn't hit their own expectations for whatever reason. They read negative things about themselves, whether from forums or articles from well regarded hockey analysts etc.

#1. They hit the gym real hard
#2. Possibly lose weight
#3. Don't drink as often

This may be the case......def seems feasible.

Exactly

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
For this Thanksgiving, I am thankful that Based Hockey God Kevin Hayes is a member of the New York Rangers.

Thanks, Chicago.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Vesey can follow Hayes development path, in 3 years we will have hoodwinked 2 top 6 forwards. A guy could get used to this...

Hoodwinked is a great word. How else can u explain good fortune. Go ahead, subtract Hayes and Vesey and what do we have? Shudder to think.

Not that Vesey's lighting it up, but hes not a detriment and can only progress,

...........hopefully.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hoodwinked is a great word. How else can u explain good fortune. Go ahead, subtract Hayes and Vesey and what do we have? Shudder to think.

Not that Vesey's lighting it up, but hes not a detriment and can only progress,

...........hopefully.

It's amazing when you look at our team.

Kreider: drafted
Stepan: drafted
Miller: drafted
Buchnevich: drafted
Fast: drafted
Hayes: Rookie free agent signing (drafted by other team)
Vesey: Rookie free agent signing (drafted by other team)
Zibanejad: traded for Brassard
Grabner: free agent
Jooris: free agent
Pirri: free agent
Zuccarello: undrafted rookie free agent
Puempel: claimed off waivers

McDonagh: thow-in in a trade
Staal: drafted
Skjei: drafted
Klein: traded for Del Zotto
Holden: traded for a 4th
Girardi: undrafted rookie free agent
Clendening: free agent

Lundqvist: drafted
Raanta: traded for Ryan Haggerty, a bust who we signed as an undrafted free agent

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
1 goal in December
1 goal in his last 12 games
2 primary assists in his last 14 games
http://i.imgur.com/le50Tli.jpg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
1 goal in December

He needs to lose another 20 lbs.

Or, ya know, maybe Hayes+Miller aren't as good together as they look

giphy.gif

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He needs to lose another 20 lbs.

Or, ya know, maybe Hayes+Miller aren't as good together as they look

giphy.gif

Have they even really played together lately though? It doesn't seem that way.

He's slumped since Zib went down. His matchups obviously changed. No more bottom pairing dmen and 3rd lines.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Have they even really played together lately though? It doesn't seem that way.

He's slumped since Zib went down. His matchups obviously changed. No more bottom pairing dmen and 3rd lines.

That's a good point, I'm not sure. Definitely PK together, but Hayes has been with Vesey/Nash some games recently.

I'm remembering the Grabner-Hayes-Miller line that was often heralded, but really not that great.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Vesey can follow Hayes development path, in 3 years we will have hoodwinked 2 top 6 forwards. A guy could get used to this...

No thanks :laugh:

1 goal in December

Well you know, eventually, when the other teams hogs the puck any time you're on the ice, you stop scoring.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Absolutely looks like a speed demon compared to last year...and is also shooting more. Unfortunately, not translating to many goals lately...and I notice that he has a lot of bad Corsi games. Is his competition that tough...or is he just bad at possession in general?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
He seems like one of the best possession players on the team by the eye test. He actually holds onto the puck for more than 2 seconds unlike most of the team.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He seems like one of the best possession players on the team by the eye test. He actually holds onto the puck for more than 2 seconds unlike most of the team.

and then passes up an opportunity to shoot trying to make a low % pass which leads to the other team exiting their zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad