Player Discussion Kevin Hayes part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
dont chime in here much, but hayes has an amazing stick. He wins 50/50 battles every game. and breaks up neutral zone passes every game. 10 goals in his rookie year, guy was an amazing aquisition

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
Seems like he gets better every game, been pretty fun to watch this year. Cant believe we lucked into him

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Going to be a legit 1st liner in the NHL. It will be nice to have Stepan and Hayes as our top 2 line centers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Going to be a legit 1st liner in the NHL. It will be nice to have Stepan and Hayes as our top 2 line centers.

If Hayes can put up Brassard-like numbers next season, we are good to go at center. Man, having Stepan as a PPG player, Brassard at a .7 PPG rate and Hayes now at .5 PPG is great.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
his poise with the puck is mature beyond his years. That pass for a young kid was really slick.

Kids can often times try to rush that play along, he hesitated a bit longer than I expected. And it was the perfect play

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Just out of curiosity, why did Hayes leave Chicago? It's not like they have a bad team, I mean I'd put them as one of the best teams in the league. Was it about money? Or did he just not like the city or something?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Just out of curiosity, why did Hayes leave Chicago? It's not like they have a bad team, I mean I'd put them as one of the best teams in the league. Was it about money? Or did he just not like the city or something?

he had no spot and wanted to play in the NHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

The popular speculation was that he felt he didn't have a shot to make the club, and wanted to go where he had a more direct path to the NHL. There were some other theories, but that seems to be the one everyone is going with.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He needs to get better at face-offs but other than that he's going to be a point producing center and he's in exactly the right position. The Rangers need him as a center. A very large sized point producing center is a big, big deal.

Great poise with the puck and makes nice passes. He's a creative offensive player. Uses his size and strength very well. His play in his own end is pretty good too. Just that one thing--the face-offs he's not good at---yet.

Picking this guy up was the best thing the Rangers did this summer and it's not even close. IMO he should be the No. 1 guy on our prospect list. Not the No. 2 guy.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
LIKE A BOSS!

Is that how you young whipper snappers would describe Hayes' performance tonight?

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Huge game tonight. What's funny is that when he started carrying the puck up ice on that goal I thought he should be centering the 1st line with the way he's played and then he scores like that. That was a Rick Nash type of goal, power and agility.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

not about the money, no doubt they would have paid him the same...

It was partially because he thought he wouldn't get a crack into CHI's top 9... My theory is that he was pissed at the organization for trading his brother Jimmy to Florida, pretty sure they were really upset about that. On top of that I can imagine that Hayes wanted stability on a team, and he ended up on a team where he could walk into a C position and go from there

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hayes is also not playing with Patrick Kane. :)

I was afraid he would hit a wall this season. But after his 6-7 bad games, he seems to get better every night.

His last few games he's playing his best hockey.

I'm still afraid he'll hit a wall, and would like a little insurance just in case. But, man, he's playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad