News Article: Kessel on his way out of Pittsburgh?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Maybe we could take him back and trade him to some other team and retain another $1.2 so we could pay him even more not to put on a Leafs jersey:naughty:
This is genius , we get the Pens to retain 2.4 then we retain another 1.2 in a trade to someone else . This way we are technically paying 2.4 million for him to play elsewhere but really it is a wash because the Pens are paying us 2.4 million for him to play elsewhere , Genius buddy Genius .

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Good gawd, no. Who would you give up for him and would that piece(s) not get you a fair way towards the type of Dman we’ve been clamouring for? A quality Dman we need, Phil Kessel we don’t.

Reactions: Lauro and Al14

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Good gawd, no. Who would you give up for him and would that piece(s) not get you a fair way towards the type of Dman we’ve been clamouring for? A quality Dman we need, Phil Kessel we don’t.
Phil is the type of piece it will take to get a quality Dman and the pens might take some gud pros like Brown and Hymen plus a second etc... pieces which will not get us a top Dman .

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
In a world where we don't trade any forwards for him:

Johnsson-Matthews-Marner
Kapanen-Nylander-Kessel
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Grundstrom-Aaltonen-Brown

Gimme gimme

Reactions: ThewThew

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Why is he on the block? He had a pretty good season and playoffs.

He's a crybaby if things don't go his own way. No way do you want the type of player that can implement Salutegate. And I don't think
Babcock would yield an inch towards his behavior. Kessel would be off pouting.

Reactions: Lauro and Legendary

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Let him go. He does not further our cause. We know we can score, a lot. We need someone who can prevent goals. What does Kessel improve for us? Why should Leafs expend assets to get him?

the objective of the sport is to score. you always take goals. Kessel isnt a defenseman and wingers arent exactly expected to be shut down defenders so if he scores at an elite pace, you take that 100/100 times.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
He's a crybaby if things don't go his own way. No way do you want the type of player that can implement Salutegate. And I don't think

so i guess we should trade matthews cause "he acted like a baby going to the media or someone telling them he wanted to be with marner more and had to get babcock to fly to Arizona to talk to him".

in fact, wow, look at this pathetic piece of work

TRAIKOS: Shades of Kessel in Babcock-Matthews turmoil

Reactions: cookie

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I meant what he did in Pits not in TO.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
No way with our Young group would I take back an idiot who was called uncoachable

Do people not understand Shanny could not get rid of him fast enough. I hope we had a clause in the trade that if he was traded we would no longer be retaining salary no more.

Reactions: Lauro

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No way with our Young group would I take back an idiot who was called uncoachable

Do people not understand Shanny could not get rid of him fast enough. I hope we had a clause in the trade that if he was traded we would no longer be retaining salary no more.

He literally lost the Conn Smythe by a hair to the best hockey player in the world after he was traded, while i don’t think the Leafs should try and bring him back, you’re being more than a little extreme here.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He literally lost the Conn Smythe by a hair to the best hockey player in the world after he was traded, while i don’t think the Leafs should try and bring him back, you’re being more than a little extreme here.
Not at all we could not get rid of him fast enough. His character is the issue not his skill set.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Philly boy having issues with another coach ? lol , must be lies from Pitts notoriously toxic hockey media just like the lies spread about him in Bos/Tor

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That's 2 time Stanley cup champion "Philly boy"
yup same fat Phil , lucky for Sid/Geno/Murray he was there to carry there sorry asses , funny how when Murray fell back down to earth the Pens got knocked out quickly

i keep wondering however why the media in now 3 cities keep picking on Phil and saying he's uncoachable , any thoughts ?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The guy just had a career season. I am skeptical he moves. There were these rumours last summer as well.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
yup same fat Phil , lucky for Sid/Geno/Murray he was there to carry there sorry asses , funny how when Murray fell back down to earth the Pens got knocked out quickly

i keep wondering however why the media in now 3 cities keep picking on Phil and saying he's uncoachable , any thoughts ?

The pens media said the same things about Malkin from 10-15 when the pens could not win. Pen fans wanted to trade Malkin in those years. I dont want phil back on this team. Not b/c of attitude issues, but simply due to cap reasons, and age. Phile has 2 years left of being a great player and I suspect wont be in the nhl after this contract(retired semi young). I just dont like why we have to discuss about him like hes still a problem on this team. If there is an issue than that's on the pens staff and him to deal, leaf/leaf fans need to forget about guys from the failed burke/nonis era.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad