News Article: Kessel on his way out of Pittsburgh?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Maybe we could take him back and trade him to some other team and retain another $1.2 so we could pay him even more not to put on a Leafs jersey:naughty:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Don't see it. Really good player, but the contract and trade it likely would take, make it a difficult acquisition.

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
I don't see a fit unless you want to lose Marker or Willy. We need to forget about Phil he is in the past.
Yeah, I'd love to get Phil back but I don't really see how we have the expendable assets or cap space to make it happen.

With Matthews re-signed at $11M-ish, Marner at $7-8M, Nylander at $6-7M and the cap in the lower 80's, there's going to be too little wiggle room in 2019-20 to do much of anything without moving a guy like Marleau or Zaitsev first.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Let him go. He does not further our cause. We know we can score, a lot. We need someone who can prevent goals. What does Kessel improve for us? Why should Leafs expend assets to get him?

He improves our goal scoring.

You know that you actually get more value for each high end piece you add, yes?

Like 12 Crosby's on a team are more valuable individually than a single Crosby. Why? Because the other teams can't match. You'd have multiple Crosby's going against the worst forwards and worst defence the other team can muster.

The deeper you get at forward, the more likely you are to win. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->