Keith Pelley hired as new MLSE President, CEO

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One can hope……
Or, at the very least they hire a new GM to rebuild the team. The sooner the better, because I’m very concerned that Treliving could eliminate any chance of success in the Matthews era.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Or, at the very least they hire a new GM to rebuild the team. The sooner the better, because I’m very concerned that Treliving could eliminate any chance of success in the Matthews era.
Hard to tell exactly what Tre is right now, is he Shanahan’s puppet? Is he making the decisions and if so I’m highly concerned. Extending Keefe was idiotic, Klingberg wasn’t the type of D team needs, and the Styles contract was a joke. Plenty to hate IF these decisions are the new GM’s……….

Reactions: hullsy47

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Pelley can prove to the board that MLSE is missing out on several million dollars of revenue by not participating in the playoffs, then maybe they replace Shanny.
:laugh: I’m sure the board understands that playoff games =additional revenue.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hard to tell exactly what Tre is right now, is he Shanahan’s puppet? Is he making the decisions and if so I’m highly concerned. Extending Keefe was idiotic, Klingberg wasn’t the type of D team needs, and the Styles contract was a joke. Plenty to hate IF these decisions are the new GM’s……….
I think it’s a bit of both. I would guess that any trade/signing has to go through Shanahan for some sort of approval. I’m not sure he is dictating what trades or signings Tre should be making. Klingberg is the type of Dman they needed, someone that can transition the puck. Maybe not the best choice in hindsight.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If the GM is not the GM, does it matter what they do?

He has no track record of success and the Leafs have a very short window of opportunity. Look at his first move with the Leafs. Accepting a phone call from Ryan Reaves’ agent is bad enough, but getting snookered into signing him for 3 yrs demonstrates a lack of vision.

The Leafs are fragile and are teetering between being good or completely crumbling, so they certainly dont need a guy throwing darts hoping to hit a bullseye.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
And I hold out hope that they started a proper GM search 7 1/2 months ago.
I wouldn't hold your breath, he'll be given at least 3 years. They didn't bring him in to replace him in a few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: CincoHolio

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I get people don’t like him since he replaced Dubas who to some is the greatest GM ever but he has more success than Dubas has ever had. So if they think he’s bad then they need to start to realize Dubas was not as great as they like to think he was.
I know little of him but the Flames seemed to do pretty well while he was there. That said, he's not off to the best start here but it will take a while to make the team his own.

Dubas is gone and not coming back. To compare the new guy to the old guy is a little silly, IMO.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Certainly not unusual to see heads roll at the top when a new CEO comes in, and Shanny is on thin ice. I wonder what his stance is on remote working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad