Keith Pelley hired as new MLSE President, CEO

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Or, at the very least they hire a new GM to rebuild the team. The sooner the better, because I’m very concerned that Treliving could eliminate any chance of success in the Matthews era.
Treliving was a mistake ,Shanahan totally f***ed up the dubas fiasco
He she have owned it and took on the dual role of president and gm
Don't give this man any room to point fingers
Treluving just threw money out the window anyways
Now Reaves is whining ,klingberg couldn't skate from day 1,never replaced muzzin ,the last goes on and on
Let's be happy he didn't draft me m8ght have missed Cowan

Reactions: Nineteen67

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Treliving was a mistake ,Shanahan totally f***ed up the dubas fiasco
He she have owned it and took on the dual role of president and gm
Don't give this man any room to point fingers
Treluving just threw money out the window anyways
Now Reaves is whining ,klingberg couldn't skate from day 1,never replaced muzzin ,the last goes on and on
Let's be happy he didn't draft me m8ght have missed Cowan
Serenity now…

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think he might have been referring to had success
'Success' was never defined.
He's been employed for a long time, is that considered successful?
Is only winning a cup 'successful'?
Who was available that meets this vague 'successful' criteria?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
'Success' was never defined.
He's been employed for a long time, is that considered successful?
Is only winning a cup 'successful'?
Who was available that meets this vague 'successful' criteria?
All great questions, I was just offering my opinion as to what I thought the poster the poster meant

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
All great questions, I was just offering my opinion as to what I thought the poster the poster meant
They never answered either so I'm assuming they don't know what they are looking for other than 'success'.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
They never answered either so I'm assuming they don't know what they are looking for other than 'success'.
If you are asking what I think is success it’s constant improvement, it’s hitting on picks that you make , it’s making trades that help the club, it’s signing value added contracts and of course the ultimate is winning the cup.

Reactions: myleafs

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Were there any GM's available that fulfilled that criteria?
I guess Burke could have came back.
I don’t think there were at the time, but I don’t know that. They tend inflict themselves with wounds and the way they handled the GM position in just another example.

That’s we are saying they should do a proper search now and find a long term solution.

Reactions: hullsy47

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Were there any GM's available that fulfilled that criteria?
I guess Burke could have came back.
GM should have been changed years ago instead of waiting till last year and having to choose from the scrap pile.

Last edited:
Reactions: hullsy47

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
GM should have been changed years ago instead of waiting till last year and having to choose from the scrap pile.
I think kypreos hit it square on the head .if we see Shanahan allow tre to start dealing assets for this core well maybe we know the new MSLE CEO will be looking for accountability
This team is no where near a cup contender, at least not to give up Robertson and 1st round picks
If anything u deal domi and bertuzzi and let sleeves and tverberg play

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
There will be alwys up and coming GMs like Dubas except we need one who is not kuku for coco puffs
I like how KYPREOS thinks this guy will pay attention to sports more
He's a sports guy .has a lot in common with the Leafs players ,they both know golf

I totally agree.shanahan should have owned this shitshow

Reactions: rumman

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Hope he brings a top down bleed of no nonsense hard nosed hockey this team and city deserve…

The hall and oats vibe of Ronald McDonald should be over.

Real men. Hockey. Work.

No Dubas soy boy attitudes.
No fanboys

If Marner is crying over his next contract he should be traded.
He makes a Mickey Mouse play in the playoffs he needs to wear it.

A Stanley cup for this city will change things in a way management can’t even imagine.

A generation, soon to be 2 who think the leafs are a meme.

They flock to raptors instead. Basketball is boring. One man can be a team.

I loathe it. 6’9 athletes crying on contact.

Hockey needs a boost. Not only for Toronto.

Girly goal song is gone.
5’9 Ballerinas are gone.
Dubas estrogenic Billy beane impression is gone
Tre so far made this team tougher not even done 1 year than Dubas whole tenure here.
Let’s see if Keefe grew some hair on his b*lls.

Top down….

Changes

Lfg

Endrant
Good lord there’s a lot to unpack here. You have some serious deep seated issues.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Tim Liewike part deux ....
Where'd that get us...
a raps title, a tfc title and multiple finals appearances and a Leafs team that’s as competitive as most have seen in a lifetime aside from a couple pockets of dumb luck success (92-94 and 99-02)

The two main additions are still running their respective teams a decade later. Id say leiwicke delivered on what was expected of him.

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I get people don’t like him since he replaced Dubas who to some is the greatest GM ever but he has more success than Dubas has ever had. So if they think he’s bad then they need to start to realize Dubas was not as great as they like to think he was.
Him and Kyle have both led their respective teams exactly the same amount of rounds in the playoffs, Dubas did it while making the postseason every year and in half the time. Neither have what anyone would call outstanding success but they’ve both accomplished about the same.

So I finally decided to research this guy.

By that I mean I read his Wikipedia page. Pelley's background appears to be more sports entertainment than sports management. He was hired to make sure jersey's and season tickets keep selling.

As opposed to bringing home the ultimate prize.

Rogers and Bell don't care about winning. And they don't care about you either. They're corporate conglomerates whose primary purpose is to maximize shareholder equity.

Growing their monolithic sports media monopoly.

Whether they actually win anything is of secondary consideration at best. Hiring this guy doesn't change that fact. Pelley is nothing more than a corporate man who will toe the corporate line and work towards furthering the corporate agenda.

There's nothing in his biography to suggest otherwise.
Geez you couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with a reasonable take.
Does anyone know why he didn’t stick around? Is he part of the seattle group now?
yes he’s a significant partner in the Seattle group with his son and they both will be PNW legends when they bring an nba team back to Seattle. He was brought here to be a fixer and that’s what he did.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
a raps title, a tfc title and multiple finals appearances and a Leafs team that’s as competitive as most have seen in a lifetime aside from a couple pockets of dumb luck success (92-94 and 99-02)

The two main additions are still running their respective teams a decade later. Id say leiwicke delivered on what was expected of him.

A few Argos titles too. I was skeptical of him when he was first hired, but hard to argue with results

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad