Value of: Kasperi Kapenan+ the 25th pick

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Beats me, but moving the 1st plus a pretty good young winger for an older winger with 1 year left is not the right move for Toronto.
Ya I can't see the Leafs having any interet in Simmonds for the Leafs first and Brown. It is the exact opposite of what they should be doing...

Last thing they need is to spend a first to upgrade a winger who is older and 1 year from being a UFA

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
What is Kapanen exactly? Not established at all... A winger... A guy who has been around a while now and yet to find himself a regular spot.

I think.. Ben Hutton is attainable for Kapanen. I don't think he holds much value.. 25th overall? Meh.

What? He is a 21 year old who just finished his rookie season. How is that a guy who has been around a while and yet to find a regular spot?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
no thanks. if 1st + bracco/timashov/nielsen type prospect cant get it done leafs probably look elsewhere.
Tanev is the type of dman they need....but he makes Lupul look like Marleau.
always hurt

If this were realistic, you have to wonder what Lou was doing during his time here? Given that a good defender was such an obvious need during his 3 year tenure, Lou must be one of the worst NHL GMs.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If this were realistic, you have to wonder what Lou was doing during his time here? Given that a good defender was such an obvious need during his 3 year tenure, Lou must be one of the worst NHL GMs.

flames managed to use a 1st + pair of 2nds to get both hamilton AND hamonic
leafs didnt wanna move 1sts + good prospects before but i think they are ready to after a 105pt season and 7 game series loss

leafs were awful year 1. lou wasnt moving picks + prospects then
year 2 they ended up with 95 pts, but year 2 in a rebuild is too soon to move picks + prospects
this year they apparently were in on mcdonagh but didnt like the price. it was 50/50 whether they would bring in a dman

now is the time

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
flames managed to use a 1st + pair of 2nds to get both hamilton AND hamonic
leafs didnt wanna move 1sts + good prospects before but i think they are ready to after a 105pt season and 7 game series loss

leafs were awful year 1. lou wasnt moving picks + prospects then
year 2 they ended up with 95 pts, but year 2 in a rebuild is too soon to move picks + prospects
this year they apparently were in on mcdonagh but didnt like the price. it was 50/50 whether they would bring in a dman

now is the time

That's one way of looking at it.

Then there's the other way: we have an abundance of forward prospects along with other assets to offer, and the need for a defender has been really obvious for 3 years. On top of that, some have promoted Lou's GM capabilities like he is some kind of God. Then you can argue the year #3 of the rebuild thing as well given that we've been at this process forever it seems. But, I won't go there for obvious reasons.

However, getting back to the point, I doubt if the assets in the proposed trade would land us any defender that would be a difference maker. We've been making these kind of trade proposals ad-nauseum for at least 2 years now and none have happened. Maybe that should be telling us something.

Jun 27, 2005
Hey wait a min why is Pitts picking before us? they went out in the 2nd round
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
The teams in each group (other than the Stanley Cup winner and runner up) are ordered within that group based on their point totals in the preceding regular season (with the lowest point total picking first).

Reactions: remote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad