Value of: Kasperi Kapenan+ the 25th pick

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
just seems like a good fit trade partner wise. CAR is gonna want young talent and picks (one would think). CAR has a young Dman or two to spare.

Kaps+ 1st addressess absolutely nothing for Carolina, it's a good fit for Toronto, not for Carolina.

Kaps looks like a bottom6 speedster who lacks the finishing ability, add a late 1st and wouldn't expect much.

Reactions: DaveG and Kaljis

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Could probably land a couple things with that package.
1) established middle pairing type on a rebuilding team, likely with an average contract.
2) young Dman with upside in someone’s system that needs a new look somewhere.

Dmen cost a fortune. A late first and an average prospect won’t have GMs lining up to give away significant value.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
its all about opportunity. Ppl would have said the same thing about William Karlsson after 2 years in CBJ.

That's like once in a million explosion, just watched Kaps season end at the Worlds and I doubt he becomes a 30 goal scorer.

Carolina wouldn't trade a proven D-man for that, and your suggestion of betting hey what if he's the next Karlsson, then add that he's a winger.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
That's like once in a million explosion, just watched Kaps season end at the Worlds and I doubt he becomes a 30 goal scorer.

Carolina wouldn't trade a proven D-man for that, and your suggestion of betting hey what if he's the next Karlsson, then add that he's a winger.
I didnt say "what if he's the next Karlsson". He was simply an example of the aforementioned opportunity. If Kap just turns into another Tyler Johnson, he still has value.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I didnt say "what if he's the next Karlsson". He was simply an example of the aforementioned opportunity. If Kap just turns into another Tyler Johnson, he still has value.

Yeah but he's not, and doesn't much value, especially when trying to acquire a quality D-man.

Reactions: ivanlwan and gianni

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
People mentioned Carolina. I don't think that type of deal is going to get someone like Slavin(for sure), Pesce, Hanifin, or Faulk. Not sure Fleury or TVR would be of that much interest to Toronto given their needs, so I don't really see a deal here between these two teams.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Yeah but he's not, and doesn't much value, especially when trying to acquire a quality D-man.

Agreed. Kasperi Kapanen developing into "just" a Tyler Johnson (0.69ppg including playoffs) would be a huge exceeding of expectations. Fans claiming he'll be a 30g/30a guy are out to lunch, he hasn't scored more than 18 goals in a season at any level. Realistically, I think Kapanen could be a Jannik Hansen-type; but he would be lucky to even reach that level.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Agreed. Kasperi Kapanen developing into "just" a Tyler Johnson (0.69ppg including playoffs) would be a huge exceeding of expectations. Fans claiming he'll be a 30g/30a guy are out to lunch, he hasn't scored more than 18 goals in a season at any level. Realistically, I think Kapanen could be a Jannik Hansen-type; but he would be lucky to even reach that level.

I don't know where you are finding these fans that think he can be 30/30 guy, you will fans that think he can be a 20/25 guy because he can be if you watch him you can see that

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People mentioned Carolina. I don't think that type of deal is going to get someone like Slavin(for sure), Pesce, Hanifin, or Faulk. Not sure Fleury or TVR would be of that much interest to Toronto given their needs, so I don't really see a deal here between these two teams.

TVR could be of interest but he's not the guy you deal Kapenan+ a 1st for.

TVR would be a Polak replacement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->