Value of: Kasperi Kapenan+ the 25th pick

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah...ok. Aho over performed beyond expectations with 65 pts this year and 49 last year. He was a second round pick. Nylander has not reached his expectation at 61 for both years and was a 1st round pick. Nylander is faster and more skilled. Aho is not better than Nylander. Maybe Aho + a second is worth Nylander. Don't get me started on trading a generational center for a 5th overall.

Have to make sure, are you serious?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Have to make sure, are you serious?
2 of the top three forwards on the leafs for 2 players and a pick from a team that didn't make the playoffs? Are you serious. Do you watch any hockey?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
2 of the top three forwards on the leafs for 2 players and a pick from a team that didn't make the playoffs? Are you serious. Do you watch any hockey?

You are claiming Aho has overperformed because he was a 2nd round pick, he's had 3 elite seasons since the draft now, and we could see him as Carolinas full time #1C next season, he's already their best player and easily better without the puck than Nylander.

In the same post you also managed to claim Matthews generational.

In the same post you also messed up 2nd overall for 5th, a kid who's a better prospect than Nylander was.

You change Aho with Nylander and Carolina aren't still making the playoffs, they would never trade Aho for Nylander, as they've said.

Reactions: DaveG and Owen Doty

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
You are claiming Aho has overperformed because he was a 2nd round pick, he's had 3 elite seasons since the draft now, and we could see him as Carolinas full time #1C next season, he's already their best player and easily better without the puck than Nylander.

In the same post you also managed to claim Matthews generational.

In the same post you also messed up 2nd overall for 5th, a kid who's a better prospect than Nylander was.

You change Aho with Nylander and Carolina aren't still making the playoffs, they would never trade Aho for Nylander, as they've said.
I said Aho exceeded expectations. You think he is going to get a lot better?
You mean Matthews who scored 4 goals in his first game in the NHL?
Carolina doesn't have the assets to get Nylander and Matthews. Don't be stupid

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I don't think they are trying to, but they wouldn't trade Aho for Nylander either.

Aho is working his way up to becoming Carolinas #1C and he's just 20y, so yes I expect him to get better.

Putting generational tag on someone based on 1 game is just weak.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Your whole posts this thread have been a joke. If matthews scored 8 goals in his first game that doesn't make him generational smh. For frick's sake stop using the word generational so liberally. And yes, Aho>Nylander regardless of whether they were taken in the draft(fun fact where a player is taken in the draft has zilch to do with how good then end up becoming. For instance, Gaudreau was a 4th round pick, does that mean Nylander>Gaudreau cause Nylander was a 1st round pick?) Give yer head a shake

Reactions: DaveG

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Essential that is 2 first round picks and K.K is at least worth a MID first 12-20 IMO , gotta be a good package if you are shipping him out K.K PPG player in the AHL Pretty much 2 years in a row

Feb 24, 2017
Trading Kapanen would be stupid

Young, fast, cost controled player that looks like a 40-50pts guy... why would TO trade him?
40-50 points

He is about to be a 22 year old 0.19 ppg player through 68 games with the best offence around him since the 80s oilers

40-50 points?

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I would do #19 for Kapanen and #25. Of course, everyone on the Flyers board wants to do Simmonds for #25 and Brown. Would Toronto fans make a bigger deal?
So you want the Leafs to give up Kapanen to move up 6 spots in the backend of the draft?
How generous and reasonable of you...
NEXT!

Edit: wrote down meant up

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Your whole posts this thread have been a joke. If matthews scored 8 goals in his first game that doesn't make him generational smh. For frick's sake stop using the word generational so liberally. And yes, Aho>Nylander regardless of whether they were taken in the draft(fun fact where a player is taken in the draft has zilch to do with how good then end up becoming. For instance, Gaudreau was a 4th round pick, does that mean Nylander>Gaudreau cause Nylander was a 1st round pick?) Give yer head a shake
I said don't be stupid. They have 2 years into the nhl. 1 year of higher points does not make Aho better.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
40-50 points

He is about to be a 22 year old 0.19 ppg player through 68 games with the best offence around him since the 80s oilers

40-50 points?
He's more than likely about to be given his first chance at an offensive role for the Leafs. He's been mainly on the 4th line because of the depth the Leafs have on the right side. If Nylander gets transitioned to center this season Kap is moving up for sure. 40-50 points might be a stretch but I could see 30-40 next season if he's given top 6 time in his first full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad