Kasperi Kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Kapanen has been busting rather than progressing... He barely showed any progression, he'll never be the player kessel was or even is.

Don't get too excited lol, I'm more excited about brown than I am this guy.

Wait wha? have you been watching the U18 tourneys? All shows is he's very talented.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Realistically hoping for him to become a strong 2nd line RW for us.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Definitely a high risk high reward type player which is about in line with what the Leafs have been doing in the draft. I'd rather go for the guy with high potential than another Luca Caputi

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
This guy was in the same discussion as Nylander and Ehlers leading up to the draft. Somehow he fell to the Penguins at 22. He will be a good one. Thrilled to get him to add to our mix going forward.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
5 points in 7 playoff games as a 18 year old after being in the country for like 2 weeks.

Over/under on how many Marlies are in the top-5 of league scoring next season? :handclap:

Edit: Or how about an over-under on top-5 among players who are not career AHLers.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Even if Kapanen is a redundant skillset, he could always be flipped for something else that compliments the mix better. Right now we're just grocery shopping. It's not time to eat yet.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
not thrilled with the trade but I am thrilled with the young talent that we now have in the system. It'll be exciting watching the Leafs in 2016-2017 with Marner, Nylander, Kapanen all on the team. They still might not win very many games but itll be fun to watch the talent.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Never like a prospect who looks like he's been stagnating for a bit. His last 2 seasons have certainly not been up to expectations.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Should also note, last year he was one of the youngest prospects at the time, barely making it into the draft if I'm correct.

Yep - that was due to his late birthday, which is a big bonus for the Leafs.

He's got potential and upside, that's for sure. I remember many mock drafts heading into last year's draft had him pretty high.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wait wha? have you been watching the U18 tourneys? All shows is he's very talented.

ummm what? The last U18 tournament he played in was over a year ago. Before he was drafted. He hasn't done that much lately to show teams he's better than the 22nd pick he was chosen with.

That's not to say he is a bust, I just expected a little more out of him since his draft.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Never like a prospect who looks like he's been stagnating for a bit. His last 2 seasons have certainly not been up to expectations.

Was 2nd in PPG on his SM-liiga team this season as an 18 year old.

Also scored 3G/2A in 7 games in the AHL playoffs.

What exactly was expected from him??

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The guy was drafted in the first round last June and is going to be 19 entering his first North American season. Where do you think he ought to be at this point in his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad