Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I luv this image.

Screenshot_20240427_130237_Chrome.jpg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I would say one of the best offensive teams in the league dominating a game would also sewer a goalies sv%.

Anyways agree to disagree. I think they have bigger issues then goaltending.

I mean exactly haha that’s what I’m saying about Helly.
I think we are actually agreeing here.
I was just a little too clunky in making my point. :laugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Yep, Clouder does the small things that helps out in a big way that fans don't notice. I could've recalled he matched up well against Eichel's line last year when both players and their lines were on the ice against each other in the VGK series too. If he can chip in a bit more offensively, he's the perfect 3C this team has been looking for.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Another shoutout to VD he’s really improved and has been exactly what we need on the bottom pair, this time last year he made like 4 massive misplays that ended up in our net in the playoffs vs the kings and I remember the kings actively targeting him last year.

He hasn’t been a liability at all

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Skinners sv% would be a lot better if not for 2 really dumb goals (Nurse and Ceci) in Game one.
So his sv% in game 1 was not a reflection of how well he played.
That also affected his overall sv%.

Hellebuyck on the other hand has been beaten badly. It just goes to show how much a goalies sv% changes when the team in front of him is leaky.
Yeah the broken stick and skate re-direct are impossible for me to hang on Stu. He played a really good game in game 1. I agree he's posted 2 solid starts out of 3.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Fantastic game. Was a little worried we wouldn't get any calls but I must say the refs have been pretty fair so far.

I was very critical of Vinny since he came up but I need to say, I'm pretty damn impressed now. Would love to resign him if not too expensive.
Vinny really has taken his game to another level. A level I wasnt sure he would be able to reach.
I also really appreciate the toughness he brings.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
So far in the series the Oilers PP is at approx 50%.
If that wasnt impressive enough they are doing that against the 2nd best PK in the NHL.
So the Kings cant even drag the game into the alley because they will lose.

The Kings PP hasnt scored at all in 10 PP opprtunites.
The Oilers have been perfect on the PK.
On top of all that the Kings cant keep up with the Oilers 5x5.
LA is screwed.

The only thing I am concerned about is injuries.
We should be able to play like we have in gm 1 and 3 and finish this series in 5 but I suspect they might have another loose game somewhere in there allowing LA to steal one.

They need to focus on getting those consistency issues sorted out that they had in gm 2 and also stay disciplined. Be physical, be aggressive but don’t go over the line and don’t get dragged into doing something stupid.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He played more than Ekholm and Bouchard last night - he's been huge for this team - especially against the kings and their physical style.
I am quite convinced that Ekholm is nursing an injury too so to be able to have Vinny step uo is massive.

We should be able to play like we have in gm 1 and 3 and finish this series in 5 but I suspect they might have another loose game somewhere in there allowing LA to steal one.

They need to focus on getting those consistency issues sorted out that they had in gm 2 and also stay disciplined. Be physical, be aggressive but don’t go over the line and don’t get dragged into doing something stupid.
I agree.
Not going over the line is very important. Thats especially true for Kane which is why I think the Kings are targeting him. They want him to snap and to his credit he has kept his cool.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Skinners sv% would be a lot better if not for 2 really dumb goals (Nurse and Ceci) in Game one.
So his sv% in game 1 was not a reflection of how well he played.
That also affected his overall sv%.

Hellebuyck on the other hand has been beaten badly. It just goes to show how much a goalies sv% changes when the team in front of him is leaky.
Hellybuck caused the game winner in game two. It was scarier than watching Skinner handle the puck.

Reactions: McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Another shoutout to VD he’s really improved and has been exactly what we need on the bottom pair, this time last year he made like 4 massive misplays that ended up in our net in the playoffs vs the kings and I remember the kings actively targeting him last year.

He hasn’t been a liability at all
Rare to see a player constantly evolve / improve his game at his age. Goes to show the work he puts into his game every day. It’s great to have examples like VD and Hyman for our young guys trying to make it in the NHL.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Seems an odd point to make in a dominating win. One in which the player had 5:12 Shorthanded toi in a critical road game win (1:79 toi above the team's next forward). Top forward PK TOI on a team perfect penalty kill. Took a cheap slough foot (in a hard area) and shook it off without fanfare. And added 3 apples.

Helps to see the totality of play especially in playoff hockey. Goal suppression is the Oilers biggest hurdle to a long playoff run. Nugent Hopkins is trusted in critical situation PK to help prevent goals. Special teams domination has been a massive factor in this series. He runs first unit on both.

Last night was a massive team win. Kinda strange to see a call out on a player that played a lot of critical minutes to help this team win it.
Nuge played ok in game 3. It was more of a joke considering his typical crappy post season play

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad