Value of: Kaprizov or Erickson Ek for your team unprotected first.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Yes, this is for the people who like GM mode more than actual gameplay in FIFA and NHL. The computer would probably have ticket sales and profit plummet immediately after this deal.
The computer should have ticket sales and profit already low for a team like MN stuck in perpetual mediocrity but in reality most MN fans love where we are and love our players and don’t care about winning anything more than whatever game they turn on randomly. They see the Wild beat the ducks and start planning the parade.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The computer should have ticket sales and profit already low for a team like MN stuck in perpetual mediocrity but in reality most MN fans love where we are and love our players and don’t care about winning anything more than whatever game they turn on randomly. They see the Wild beat the ducks and start planning the parade.
i'm not trying to be insulting--different people have different things they like about sport. I just do not think we would be better off short term OR long term if we trade Ek and/or Kaprizov for futures.

I don't know what your expectations were--where you're coming from that this year was a huge kick in the nuts for you--but for me playoffs were something we could definitely do with a relatively healthy roster, but no serious thought to contending. I think structurally we are right where the GM and owner thought we'd be at the beginning of the buyout reset. We just have no margin for error and that's something i've kept in mind the last couple years. As soon as Spurge went down it was basically done. Faber stepped up big time and completely covered for that--that was a surprise, not anything anyone should expect from a rookie. Goaltending ended up being what's kept us down this year even with all the injuries. Had we had better luck with injuries, it would have created enough (IMO) margin to cover for the bad goaltending. IDK man--you don't have to be content but the last couple seasons are not an indication of a poorly constructed team.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
i'm not trying to be insulting--different people have different things they like about sport. I just do not think we would be better off short term OR long term if we trade Ek and/or Kaprizov for futures.

I don't know what your expectations were--where you're coming from that this year was a huge kick in the nuts for you--but for me playoffs were something we could definitely do with a relatively healthy roster, but no serious thought to contending. I think structurally we are right where the GM and owner thought we'd be at the beginning of the buyout reset. We just have no margin for error and that's something i've kept in mind the last couple years. As soon as Spurge went down it was basically done. Faber stepped up big time and completely covered for that--that was a surprise, not anything anyone should expect from a rookie. Goaltending ended up being what's kept us down this year even with all the injuries. Had we had better luck with injuries, it would have created enough (IMO) margin to cover for the bad goaltending. IDK man--you don't have to be content but the last couple seasons are not an indication of a poorly constructed team.
My issue is never having had a team that had a real shot at contending in almost 25 years. It’s an existential issue from the 10,000ft view. In a vacuum and with luck this current roster could have gotten to the playoffs and got the same 5 game drubbing that most other wild teams have. I am so sick of that I could choke. My expectation is a coherent plan to build a perennial contender. The owner apparently has no stomach for that. He wants his 1-2 home playoff games and considers that a win.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
My issue is never having had a team that had a real shot at contending in almost 25 years. It’s an existential issue from the 10,000ft view. In a vacuum and with luck this current roster could have gotten to the playoffs and got the same 5 game drubbing that most other wild teams have. I am so sick of that I could choke. My expectation is a coherent plan to build a perennial contender. The owner apparently has no stomach for that. He wants his 1-2 home playoff games and considers that a win.
Its opinion to be sure but I think this IS a coherent plan. We're just in the shit stages of it that no one likes. We are actually better off now than I thought we'd be because i didn't think the Fiala trade would end up being equitable so quickly. We're in great shape for the future if Khusnutdinov and Rossi top out as top six forwards and Yurov ends up a first line talent (which looks promising). Goaltending is impossible for me to count on but if we can get average goaltending out of someone and we have full cap to play with along with reasonable progression from our prospects we are definitely a contending team without trading away two first line players on good/great contracts.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
We have a 29 year old Kap when we can compete and I’d say 50/50 he walks for free. That would be the most Minnesota thing that could possibly happen and you know it
But somehow you think it makes sense for Anaheim when they’d have the same issues? They’re not competing for at least a couple of more years and there’s no guarantee Kap stays beyond his current contract.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Habs: 1st 2024 (unprotected) + 1st 2024 (Winnipeg) + Logan Mailloux or Joshua Roy

Wild: JEE

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Habs: 1st 2024 (unprotected) + 1st 2024 (Winnipeg) + Logan Mailloux or Joshua Roy

Eriksson ek isn’t getting traded. Nor do wild want jets pick or crappy human being like Logan m or nothing prospect like Joshua. Point blank. One person wabtikt to trade eriksson ek means he’s available .

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Why would we move our minimum top 5 pick (let alone unprotected) in a strong draft for 5 years of Eriksson Ek? Eriksson Ek alone doesn't move the needle for us, Habs won't be a contender by the time JEE's contract is up (and he'll be 32 by then).

JEE + Kaprizov is a different story tho. Obviously Minny won't trade both players, they won't even trade 1 of them most likely. Relax HF this is fantasy world!!! In fantasy world we'd only trade for both or just Kaprizov tho, not JEE alone ;)

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why would we move our minimum top 5 pick (let alone unprotected) in a strong draft for 5 years of Eriksson Ek? Eriksson Ek alone doesn't move the needle for us, Habs won't be a contender by the time JEE's contract is up (and he'll be 32 by then).

JEE + Kaprizov is a different story tho. Obviously Minny won't trade both players, they won't even trade 1 of them most likely. Relax HF this is fantasy world!!! In fantasy world we'd only trade for both or just Kaprizov tho, not JEE alone ;)
I was going to say this. I think that JEE would move the needle, but not enough for MTL to be in serious contention for the Cup. He makes more sense for a team like CO(if they don't sign Mittlestadt), CAR, or some team like that.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad