Value of: Kaprizov or Erickson Ek for your team unprotected first.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
The wild need to get more of there kids over here and get them some playing time next year. Then after that they need to take all that extra money and fill holes to make a true contender. If they trade away ek they mine as well trade anyone over 25. Seems like a stupid idea unless you like a sabres style 10-15 year rebiuld.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
True.

I'm just saying Kaprizov and Eriksson Ek aren't anymore outside of the Boldy/Rossi/Faber group than this year's draft picks would be.
Not wrong, its the same dillema the Habs have too, so I understand it.

Suzuki and this years pick is gonna be a 7 years difference. Unless its top 5, this means Nick will have been drafted a decade after their inclusion in the roster. I dont like wasting prime years.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Gretzky was traded by an owner who was in over his head, broke, and became an outcast in his own province, if not country, due to said deal. Let's stop pretending it was a "normal" trade.

Whether the trade was "Normal" or not wasn't the question. Someone suggested that Superstars in their prime don't get traded...when clearly they do.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Age wise its the same but youre forgetting the 3 years of ELC and 5+ years of control.

I mean
Karlsson
Subban
Weber
Nash
Carter
Gaborik
Hossa
Eichel
Stone

Like, theres a lot.
You forgot Tkachuk and J. Gaudreau. Like those two guys I just mentioned the majority of those players also wanted out or were not going to re-sign. Hossa was SC chasing there for a few of his prime years as well. I remember as he was team hopping the word "mercenary" being tossed about around here.

Stone, Subban and Weber are think are fair examples. Although PK kind of behaved his way out of Montreal. Walking around acting like cock of the walk and getting into fistfights with teammates I'm sure contributed in some way.

Didn't Carter get his contract voided because of certain drug/legal issues? I meant that as a legit question actually. I can't keep hockey scandals straight anymore. Unless you were referring to Anson.

I'll give you 33% accuracy on this one. Great batting average if this was a baseball forum

Reactions: Mrb1p

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Whether the trade was "Normal" or not wasn't the question. Someone suggested that Superstars in their prime don't get traded...when clearly they do.
That was also 1988. That's ummm, not recent. Mathing... 37 years 5 months.
The Great One also wanted out because his wife thought she had talent and wanted to go to Hollywood.

But yeah superstars get traded. It occurs infrequently enough that it's closer to an anomaly than the norm. There are almost always exceptions to the rule.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You forgot Tkachuk and J. Gaudreau. Like those two guys I just mentioned the majority of those players also wanted out or were not going to re-sign. Hossa was SC chasing there for a few of his prime years as well. I remember as he was team hopping the word "mercenary" being tossed about around here.

Stone, Subban and Weber are think are fair examples. Although PK kind of behaved his way out of Montreal. Walking around acting like cock of the walk and getting into fistfights with teammates I'm sure contributed in some way.

Didn't Carter get his contract voided because of certain drug/legal issues? I meant that as a legit question actually. I can't keep hockey scandals straight anymore. Unless you were referring to Anson.

I'll give you 33% accuracy on this one. Great batting average if this was a baseball forum
Is Kaprizov resigning ? How are you so sure ?

What if Kap wants a cup ?

Subban didn't act his way out, Bergevin wanted him out. Carter was traded twice in a span of a seven months, once for Voracek and another time for J.J. He was coming off 36 and 33 goals in the early 00's. The Flyers decided they wanted to re-tool after playoff disappointments.

The question was How many superstars have been traded away in their primes?
The answer is Many

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montréal could be interested, maybe even for both of them

We are loaded with young dmen prospects, but not a whole lot of forwards, that would solve the issue

Hughes would have to talk to Kaprizov before to know his intentions tho

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
This close? The team is garbage and not making the playoffs. Sweet f*** MN sports fans are dumb. 21-22 was a much better Wild team than this year or next year and they got bodied in the first round. It’s not working

You seem to lack vision. We have a core worth building around, not trading away so we never have to try.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You seem to lack vision. We have a core worth building around, not trading away so we never have to try.
I find the core lacking currently. They aren’t good enough to make the playoffs and are multiple pieces away from contender. This group isn’t getting anything done except first round fodder

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal would be very interested in this if '25 off season. We have around 25 million off our cap that year. Plus we should be drafting in mid teens but own Florida pick also.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I find the core lacking currently. They aren’t good enough to make the playoffs and are multiple pieces away from contender. This group isn’t getting anything done except first round fodder
It’s definitely not like we have 14million in dead cap. You should become a Yotes fan. They always trade away their talent for those sure fire picks.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Kap has full trade protection that kicks in this summer , that’s the issue. Guerin walked him right to free agency if that’s what he chooses. It would set this franchise back a decade to have him walk for nothing and it’s happened to us before.
It's not really an issue, because we are going to have an influx of ELC top 2 round picks, 14 million in dead cap coming off the books, and an excelerated cap growth due to the escrow being paid back. If we want Kaprizov, no one is in a better position to pay him.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
*insert mysterious box meme*

Some people just want to be in a perpetual rebuild.

the Wild are set up wonderfully when they get out from under those buyout penalties. A surefire way to ruin the development of Yurov/Khusnutdinov/Rossi is thrusting them into roles they aren't ready for, for 'asset management' sake

Reactions: Viqsi

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
They are good enough to make the playoffs. They did it last year with mostly the same team. They are amongst the leaders in man games lost, including one of their top D missing the entire season basically.

On top of that, Gustavsson turned into a pumpkin. Last years Gustavsson this team is sitting pretty in a playoff spot.

That's not to say Gus will get them back into the playoffs next year, or the team will be healthy next year. But you dontntrade yourn2 best forwards because the goaltending ducked and there were lots of injuries.

Reactions: Spurgeon

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
*insert mysterious box meme*

Some people just want to be in a perpetual rebuild.

the Wild are set up wonderfully when they get out from under those buyout penalties. A surefire way to ruin the development of Yurov/Khusnutdinov/Rossi is thrusting them into roles they aren't ready for, for 'asset management' sake

Lets be honest here, making wild trades and perpetual rebuilds are way more fun to complain about then having a little patience.

Reactions: rynryn

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montréal 2025 1st, 2026 1st
Calgary 2025 1st
Prospect
Cap dump

For

Both of them, if Kaprizov was to agree to sign here

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Kaprizov - Erickson Ek - Dach

Is two Solid Lines imo

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Lets be honest here, making wild trades and perpetual rebuilds are way more fun to complain about then having a little patience.
Yes, this is for the people who like GM mode more than actual gameplay in FIFA and NHL. The computer would probably have ticket sales and profit plummet immediately after this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad