Value of: Kaprizov or Erickson Ek for your team unprotected first.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
What kind of value do these two players have for unprotected 1st’s in this years draft? Would Anaheim be open to one of them for their first? Ideally I’d like to move them both for high picks.

What do other fanbases think who have top 6-7 picks?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
And just to elaborate on my reasoning because I know I’ll get jumped by Wild fans for this…..

I half way think Kap is going to Gaborik us and I can’t stomach the thought of having wasted his years here and then getting nothing for him as he walks to free agency.

As far as Ek I think his value is sky high. We just may be in a position with Rossi having taken a step , Yurov looking like he has 1C written all over him and Khus showing 3c as his floor to move Ek and reshape the team.

My hopeful targets in moving Kap and Ek would be Levshunov and Demidov.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Lol isn't Eriksson Ek your #1 C? Probably the toughest player to acquire since he's young, strong in two-way play, has a very team friendly contract and their pillar at center. Kaprizov might even be easier to acquire than JEE.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Lol isn't Eriksson Ek your #1 C? Probably the toughest player to acquire since he's young, strong in two-way play, has a very team friendly contract and their pillar at center. Kaprizov might even be easier to acquire than JEE.
I agree that JEE may have more value contract considered then Kap. I also am looking at 25-26 as the first year this team may compete and at that point we likely have Rossi , Yurov and Khusnidinov down the middle. A player like Ek is never expendable but I think we might be in a position to capitalize on his value.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
...yeah, I think the Jackets would do that for Eriksson Ek, but that's kind of beside the point. There's this thing called "team building" one does that's kind of essential, y'know...

Seriously, in that timeframe if he's your #2C you're in fantastically amazing position.

Reactions: squashmaple

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
...yeah, I think the Jackets would do that for Eriksson Ek, but that's kind of beside the point. There's this thing called "team building" one does that's kind of essential, y'know...

Seriously, in that timeframe if he's your #2C you're in fantastically amazing position.
So where does that put Rossi or Yurov then? Both younger who fit the core. Neither of them are suited to 3C and we have Khusnutdinov who’s perfectly suited to 3C and fits the core.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So where does that put Rossi or Yurov then? Both younger who fit the core. Neither of them are suited to 3C and we have Khusnutdinov who’s perfectly suited to 3C and fits the core.
That puts them in a position to either also contribute on the wing, or themselves be traded later, or any number of other possibilities while they learn from your established two-way guy who is in his prime and playing the best hockey of his career.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That puts them in a position to either also contribute on the wing, or themselves be traded later, or any number of other possibilities while they learn from your established two-way guy who is in his prime and playing the best hockey of his career.
Like I said , I’m looking to sell high on Ek. He’s my favorite player. As it sits I would trade him straight up for Levshunov or Demidov. I think they are both home runs and fit the age group of our real window much better.

I would trade Ek for the jackets pick. Also considering that gives us a shot at Celebrini which has value as well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Like I said , I’m looking to sell high on Ek. He’s my favorite player. As it sits I would trade him straight up for Levshunov or Demidov. I think they are both home runs and fit the age group of our real window much better.

I would trade Ek for the jackets pick. Also considering that gives us a shot at Celebrini which has value also.
Okay, cool. Feel free to notify your people. Meanwhile I'll be sitting here wondering if there's, like, any other Wild fans that would go for that and checking if I fell asleep at my keyboard and am dreaming.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
What kind of value do these two players have for unprotected 1st’s in this years draft? Would Anaheim be open to one of them for their first? Ideally I’d like to move them both for high picks.

What do other fanbases think who have top 6-7 picks?
As good as JEE is, the Ducks don’t really need him. And while Kaprizov is theoretically worth our unprotected 1st, we would never do it because the odds of him re-signing with us beyond his current contract are very low. And we won’t be a contender during his current contract either.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
As good as JEE is, the Ducks don’t really need him. And while Kaprizov is theoretically worth our unprotected 1st, we would never do it because the odds of him re-signing with us beyond his current contract are very low. And we won’t be a contender during his current contract either.
I considered all that as well with the Ducks and Kap and was hoping there was just some intangible value like the owner demanding butts in seats and a superstar player lol. Kap can put butts in seats.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I thought I elaborated pretty well there. I’d trade either or both players for high first round picks with no lottery protections.

Why? In hopes that you could get a Kaprizov or Ek?

Adding either player makes the Ducks much closer to a contender.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Why? In hopes that you could get a Kaprizov or Ek?
In hopes that we could get a younger Kaprizov who’s cost controlled and isn’t about to have trade protection and possibly leave in 2026 for nothing. It’s like you aren’t reading any posts here for reasoning on why this makes sense.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
In hopes that we could get a younger Kaprizov who’s cost controlled and isn’t about to have trade protection and possibly leave in 2026 for nothing. It’s like you aren’t reading any posts here for reasoning on why this makes sense.
With Kaprizov there's a rationale. A tortured one, but a rationale. It's Eriksson Ek that makes me go "wait a minute what the actual f***".

Reactions: fgobuzz

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not sure even Cellebrini projects to be as good of a player as Kaprizov in this draft.
The stated reason for Kaprizov is a presumption that he's not going to extend. So even with the talent gap, there's at least something that could resemble a sane reason. How likely that circumtance is is not something I'm in a position to evaluate, tho.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
With Kaprizov there's a rationale. A tortured one, but a rationale. It's Eriksson Ek that makes me go "wait a minute what the actual f***".

I don’t see the rational at all. Just going to give up on the best player the franchise has ever had because he might not sign?

Kaprizov has been a good solider for the Wild. What perceptively has he said or done that makes Wild fans do this?

Also, he’s been on the ice for 45 of the last 67 Wild goals. Wild don’t need to trade for a lottery pick if they move Kaprizov. They’ll be getting them…

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I don’t think you understand what it’s like to be a MN sports fan. We finally got our elite miracle player in Kap and his entire tenure here and also his prime years we got strapped with 14 million dead cap meaning all we could ever do was tread water. No winning and no rebuilding. Now the only fitting end to this is he walks for nothing. We all see it coming. We have until this summer to either trade him or make sure he’s locked up.

With Ek it’s simply looking to capitalize on what’s becoming a position of strength to fill holes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don’t see the rational at all. Just going to give up on the best player the franchise has ever had because he might not sign?

Kaprizov has been a good solider for the Wild. What perceptively has he said or done that makes Wild fans do this?

Also, he’s been on the ice for 45 of the last 67 Wild goals. Wild don’t need to trade for a lottery pick if they move Kaprizov. They’ll be getting them…
Yeah, if y'all don't think he's going to skip town, then that's just as insane if not moreso. I'm not a Wild fan and I haven't paid attention to that situation, so I wouldn't know. :dunno:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don’t think you understand what it’s like to be a MN sports fan. We finally got our elite miracle player in Kap and his entire tenure here and also his prime years we got strapped with 14 million dead cap meaning all we could ever do was tread water. No winning and no rebuilding. Now the only fitting end to this is he walks for nothing. We all see it coming. We have until this summer to either trade him or make sure he’s locked up.
Hon, I'm a Jackets fan. We envy you your "problems". :)

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Hon, I'm a Jackets fan. We envy you your "problems". :)
I lived just north of Ft Wayne from 2015-2019. I went to quite a few jackets games and always enjoyed your barn. I also like Columbus as a city. It sucks things haven’t panned out when they looked to be headed in the right direction for the Jackets.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad