Kappy ; Speed skater or NHLer ?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
well hes 100 % an nhler...and will be a solid nhl player for many years just cause he has elite wheels...and if his skills improve he can be good to great, dont think he'll be an elite winger, but a very good 40-50 point guy that gives you elite speed on D and the PK

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
This thread is ridiculous. Kapanen is a keeper. Versatile winger with great wrister and defensibly responsible. I think he could be a top line forward if given the chance. You leaf fans are underrating this kid.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kappy update since the leafs playoff clinching win vs pitty last year (including playoffs)

40games: 10goals, 2 assists, 0 PP time

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Kappy update since the leafs playoff clinching win vs pitty last year (including playoffs)

40games: 10goals, 2 assists, 0 PP time

Those are good numbers considering he’s been playing with Moore, GOAT and Pleaks

I dream of the day Babs will accidnetly put him woh Matthews

LeafsBro

34 I 91 I 16
Oct 18, 2011
Barrie, Ontario
Assuming we lose JVR and Bozak, I would imagine young players like Kapanen will be given more opportunities to move up in the lineup. I could see him being a pretty effective tool on the powerplay.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I find it strange that Kapanen has yet to be given a shot on the PP. As someone mentioned, AJ, Brown, Leivo have all been given a shot. I'm curious of what Kapanen could do.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I like him. but I have no idea whether he is a top six guy or not. He has not shown any signs of being a play-maker at the NHL level. This can be either due to not having the vision to make plays at NHL speed, or just being stuck with scrub line mates. Assuming they don't resign JVR, I think next season will show what he has to offer. Nice upside but no guarantees.

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
When I initially posted this thread , it wAs always meant to hopefully spur on good conversation based on his trajectory as an NHLer .
Funny though , and interesting , if you look at the date it wAs posted , from that game on he’s turned up the heat , the volume and the scoring !
Way to go Kappy

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it!
GOo F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
7 goals in 33 games is actually a really good rate.
Had 18 goals in the AHL in 43 games last year.
12 goals in 28 games this year.

Kapanen might be the replacement for JVR.
Was also clutch last year in the playoffs.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Important reminder: If you're wondering why his point totals are so low if he's supposedly a good future top-6 player (Sharp clone), just look at his on-ice sh% (it's been very unlucky, you can probably tell by all the missed tap-ins Komo has had). He should have a lot more points, just watch for his rise back to the normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad