Kappy ; Speed skater or NHLer ?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah he is.

You're telling me you wouldnt include him in a deal for a top pairing dman?
Sure I would but I would include Nylander and Marner in that deal too.
Are they expendable too?
I would trade Matthews for McDavid.
Is he expendable too?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Let's be honest though. He isn't showing core type material. He is just another guy on a hockey team. He needs to start making people turn heads, even if on the 4th line, should be easier
Looks like you have moved on from hating Marner to hating Kapanen.

Reactions: DarkKnight

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Looks like you have moved on from hating Marner to hating Kapanen.

Never hated Marner. I always have liked him. I thought we needed a D more. We still need a Dman. You can find several posts where I say he could be the best of the 3. Now that's out of the way, Kapanen is just not doing anything spectacular. If he were you would call him core or future core and not include him in trades for top 4D.

PS. @Jeypic you don't work hard at being quick. You can become quicker but his speed was because he was born with it. Luck of the draw. It's like saying if I worked hard enough when I was younger I could beat U. Bolt not happening.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He should be on the powerplay. Makes no sense why he is not on the second unit.

First unit is fine with jvr, kadri, bozak, marner, and mo

Second unit should be kapanen, matthews, nylander, johnsson/dermott, gardiner. I want to see 2 snipers on our pp to give matthews and nylander passing options, or have dermott there so he can help run it smoothly.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Sure I would but I would include Nylander and Marner in that deal too.
Are they expendable too?
I would trade Matthews for McDavid.
Is he expendable too?
Sure. And kapanen is a lot more expendable then those core pieces you named.

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
he's a slow starter when he gets to a new league. he takes his time feeling things out before starting to get more creative.

for me he's a prototype of the NHL.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
he has some of the best speed i've seen in the nhl...he may not be faster than them but kapanen probably skates as fast as anyone in the nhl

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I think he is going to become a 20 goal second line winger who will also be a good PKer.

Very valuable with this team.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Speed skating NHLer ;)

Both the speed and the ability to finish were on display tonight with our second goal.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Never hated Marner. I always have liked him. I thought we needed a D more. We still need a Dman. You can find several posts where I say he could be the best of the 3. Now that's out of the way, Kapanen is just not doing anything spectacular. If he were you would call him core or future core and not include him in trades for top 4D.

PS. @Jeypic you don't work hard at being quick. You can become quicker but his speed was because he was born with it. Luck of the draw. It's like saying if I worked hard enough when I was younger I could beat U. Bolt not happening.

We got our D in Dermott in the same draft. No doubt we could use another D, but imagine this team now without Marner, we'll be worse.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Playing with grinders isn't helping him in the stats department but as he showed us last night hes all skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->