sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Kapanen-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Moore-Komarov

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It would be pretty nice to see Leivo replace JVR and Kapanen replace Martin tonight.

Kapanen - Moore - Marner could do some damage.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
hope we get both Leivo and Kap in.

Not sure how i'd line them. I want to see Leivo up the lineup. Maybe demote Komarov for the game and put Leivo on Kadri's wing and Kap with Marner

Reactions: SAMCRO44

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I believe Kapanen is going to play tonight or else they are not going to call him up

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Kapanen - Bozak - Brown
Leivo - Moore - Komarov

Please do it Babcock, just for one game!
If I can think into the mind of Babcock - he is the man of familiarity (to start the game)
Only do lines go into the blender when things get out of control.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Leivo/Kapanen-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Moore-Marner

---
I'd love to see some movement though. Maybe even JvR/Bozak sitting.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Marner-Brown (they experimented with Marner taking the draws a bit/but keep it to a minimum - Marleau is seasoned anyway)
Leivo-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Moore-Kapanen

Just a lineup to fire guys up.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Marner meets the criteria of super talented not coming out of the lineup need to get away from Bozak/JVR. Does Leivo meet that criteria?
Levio doesn't fit any criteria when it come to Babs .

I have no idea why they keep him around just to let him rot for a second season .

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Gotta believe JVR is out for sure tonight, and maybe Uncle Leo might be in the doghouse.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Levio doesn't fit any criteria when it come to Babs .

I have no idea why they keep him around just to let him rot for a second season .
We will certainly see tonight.
I don't know if Martin (or someone else besides JVR is injured) but if Kapanen gets in and Leivo sits I'd say it's not looking to promising for him.
If it's only JVR injured, we could see Brown move with Kadri and Marleau move with Marner.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would be great to see Kapanen make his case to stay here for good. Potentially big opportunity for him. Not sure what to make of Leivo's situation yet. We'll see what happens.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Hopefully Leivo is actually the one playing and Kapanen is just getting some practice time.

If Babcock just won't use Leivo, then management should replace him with someone Babcock is willing to use, and allow Leivo an opportunity to play somewhere.

Having him take up a roster spot and never playing makes no sense.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Soshnikov has been the better Marlie this year. IMO

Johnson has also been quite good.

Kappy has the brightest NHL future but he hasn't been the most deserving of a promotion if there is one, other than last years playoffs earning him the 1st recall opportunity. He is also likely the replacement for JVR down the road.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not ideal but would like to see. Mostly because Leivo has that shot and Marner can get the puck in. Bozak will cruise control as per normal.

Leivo Bozak Marner

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Would be great to see Kapanen make his case to stay here for good. Potentially big opportunity for him. Not sure what to make of Leivo's situation yet. We'll see what happens.
I don't want to see JVR injured (or anyone else for that matter) but I really want to get a look at those who can make a case now to move on from whoever before UFA status and get a return.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
My advice to Leivo...

Learn to hit, drop the Mitts and shoot shoot shoot. No morning skate, doubt Kappy draws in.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Forecheck, play heavy, cycle, be a good pro.

Haha yeah but a fight, worthy fight would endear him to the fans and coach. A big hit the same. That's everything JVR will not do. Leivo. He has to be the anti JVR.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Haha yeah but a fight, worthy fight would endear him to the fans and coach. A big hit the same. That's everything JVR will not do. Leivo. He has to be the anti JVR.
I would love to see Leivo with Marner. Leivo has the shot, we all know that and Marner can get him the puck anywhere. When Marner doesn't have a play, Leivo has to cycle it down low back to him. Then maintain your defensive wing assignment and you're golden.

Reactions: thewave

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't want to see JVR injured (or anyone else for that matter) but I really want to get a look at those who can make a case now to move on from whoever before UFA status and get a return.

Of course. JVR's absolutely a good contributor for as long as he's here. Can't really see Kapanen called up as anything less than a sure thing, so I'm thinking he's drawing in. Babcock's comments made me believe Leivo has a bit of a future here more than I have in some time, so not sure about that. At the same time, trades require a willing partner, so it isn't always as easy as giving roster spots to any deserving less-than-fulltime kid just like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad