Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Can someone with knowledge of how these typically go, does the longer this goes without charges being filed mean:
1) Better for Kane
2) Worse for Kane
3) Timing doesn't really impact the situation

I'd say if he doesnt get charged in the next two weeks, things look slightly better for Kane. They need the forensics + something else to make a strong case against Kane. I've heard some mixed awnsers about when the forensics are going to come back, but I think it's sometime within the next week? If they're sitting on another peice of evidence (security tape from the club or Kanes house showing the girl falling over drunk/incriminating text messages/etc), then if the forensics come back postitive on Kane we should see a charge. But if all they have is forensics on Kane, it may take a bit longer for charges to be brought.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't see why people who talk about it and that it would be a "stain on kanes name forever". Drew doughty got accused of the same thing in 2012. No one talks about it now. In fact, every hockey fan I've talked to doesnt even remember when it was he got accused. Anyway, it was in the middle of the 11-12 season when the kings went on to win the cup three months later...

Not the same. Doughtys went away right away and we diddnt hear much about it. This is an ongoing case and his name is going to be in the media for awhile with the word "rape" attached to it. It'd be a better comparison to compare this to Kobe rather than Doughty. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think Kobe haters still bring up the rape charges.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Not the same. Doughtys went away right away and we diddnt hear much about it. This is an ongoing case and his name is going to be in the media for awhile with the word "rape" attached to it. It'd be a better comparison to compare this to Kobe rather than Doughty. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think Kobe haters still bring up the rape charges.

Well you can rest easy knowing that anyone hating on Kane who brings up rape (if he's found innocent, of course) are the biggest losers imaginable.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't see why people who talk about it and that it would be a "stain on kanes name forever". Drew doughty got accused of the same thing in 2012. No one talks about it now. In fact, every hockey fan I've talked to doesnt even remember when it was he got accused. Anyway, it was in the middle of the 11-12 season when the kings went on to win the cup three months later...

You're not comparing apples to apples.

Doughty's accuser was uncooperative with police and was determined to have credibility issues.

If the same turns out regarding Kane's accuser, then Kane's name will be cleared.

But there's also a scenario where Kane could potentially be found guilty of rape, or use his millions to buy his way out of the situation. Concluding that Kane can easily distance himself from the stigma of the latter scenario is naive and silly.

Reload

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
At least we now know she is in her 20s according to latest reports and so not a statutory rape of a minor..at least that item cleared up...

Also reports that she told police he followed her into a room and 9vepowered her ..and now bite marks and a leg scratch...Though possible proof of rough sex does not prove he initiated a rape.

If this was a bedroom and she entered first...that fact is bad for her case...He would be getting her implied consent...Did she change her mind at the very last second? Did she say NO. ..STOP? Did her friend who also went to his house hear her scream NO or STOP? If not where was the friend while this went on..Did the friend see her go into the room and him follow..and did nothing to stop them because that friend expected they were going to have consensual sex? If so..the friend's testimony crucial.

Even if...despite leading him.on...she changed her mind at the last second...said NO or STOP and he continued ..then technically a rape ..but still you have to ask if she connived that plan to change her mind..not as if she did not know who he was and the potential for a money shakedown.

So a lot of issues here...also the degree to which each may have been intoxicated or not
..even if he technically comitted rape if she said NO at the very last minute(because he allegedly kept going) ...if goldigging was part of her plot you cannot justly punish him for even a technical rape ...any law that so called protects women cannot be used justly if he was lured to thinking it was conensual only to be told to Stop once she had enough of his evidence in her ...if you know what I mean...So ...the question is not only did she say NO ...but when? If not before they even started..
It cannot be rape..If just as he was about to start...technically the change of mind provision does buttress her case ..but still he said she said if no witnesses hearing her say NO. ..comes down to who judge or jury believes but even so if a shakedown is believed by judge ir jury ...they probably acquit because her plot in such case is more despicable than a technical rape.

Just wanted to point out that this is completely wrong from a legal perspective.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
At least we now know she is in her 20s according to latest reports and so not a statutory rape of a minor..at least that item cleared up...

Also reports that she told police he followed her into a room and 9vepowered her ..and now bite marks and a leg scratch...Though possible proof of rough sex does not prove he initiated a rape.

If this was a bedroom and she entered first...that fact is bad for her case...He would be getting her implied consent...Did she change her mind at the very last second? Did she say NO. ..STOP? Did her friend who also went to his house hear her scream NO or STOP? If not where was the friend while this went on..Did the friend see her go into the room and him follow..and did nothing to stop them because that friend expected they were going to have consensual sex? If so..the friend's testimony crucial.

Even if...despite leading him.on...she changed her mind at the last second...said NO or STOP and he continued ..then technically a rape ..but still you have to ask if she connived that plan to change her mind..not as if she did not know who he was and the potential for a money shakedown.

So a lot of issues here...also the degree to which each may have been intoxicated or not
..even if he technically comitted rape if she said NO at the very last minute(because he allegedly kept going) ...if goldigging was part of her plot you cannot justly punish him for even a technical rape ...any law that so called protects women cannot be used justly if he was lured to thinking it was conensual only to be told to Stop once she had enough of his evidence in her ...if you know what I mean...So ...the question is not only did she say NO ...but when? If not before they even started..
It cannot be rape..If just as he was about to start...technically the change of mind provision does buttress her case ..but still he said she said if no witnesses hearing her say NO. ..comes down to who judge or jury believes but even so if a shakedown is believed by judge ir jury ...they probably acquit because her plot in such case is more despicable than a technical rape.

Fiddy, you're one of my favorite posters here, but this post is wrong on so many levels. Why don't you sit this one out :(

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014

Doughtys thing lasted months before they said they arent pressing charges.

Thats not what i meant. I dont care what the haters say. Mayweather got CONVICTED and did time for domestic violence and still has fans. Plenty of haters, sure. I don't mind what haters of kane/the hawks say. As long as us fans can still like him and not let this be a negative mark on his name, which shouldn't be a problem if the situation turns out similar to doughty's in that the girl is full of it.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

So rape is wrong, unless the victim is planning on framing Kane, then Kane can rape all he wants because the judge/jury is gonna see right through that victims motives of getting raped by Kane.

Do you write for Game of Thrones or something?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Doughtys thing lasted months before they said they arent pressing charges.

Thats not what i meant. I dont care what the haters say. Mayweather got CONVICTED and did time for domestic violence and still has fans. Plenty of haters, sure. I don't mind what haters of kane/the hawks say. As long as us fans can still like him and not let this be a negative mark on his name, which shouldn't be a problem if the situation turns out similar to doughty's in that the girl is full of it.

I could be wrong but I dont think Doughty's case got anywhere near the press Kane's is. That's the point I was trying to make. The longer this case runs and the more press about this = more common folk thinking his guilty.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So rape is wrong, unless the victim is planning on framing Kane, then Kane can rape all he wants because the judge/jury is gonna see right through that victims motives of getting raped by Kane.

Do you write for Game of Thrones or something?

IF a woman sets out to frame a man by planning to have sex pnly to ask him to stop AFTER the evidence is "planted in her"..that is hardly rape...So it still is technically rape if she asks him to stop BEFORE penetration takes place...Asking to stop After pent ration is not rape but still.may be assault if she never said No till that point...The difference in the timing of NO is the difference between consent and mere asking to stop at some point during consensual sex because she felt i) mission already accomplished ...ifgold-digger motives ..or 2.She was feeling physically hurt at the point she said No...Thus when was NO said is crucial in my opinion given her apparent enticement to sex to some point 8n time.

Reload

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
IF a woman sets out to frame a man by planning to have sex pnly to ask him to stop AFTER the evidence is "planted in her"..that is hardly rape...So it still is technically rape if she asks him to stop BEFORE penetration takes place...Asking to stop After pent ration is not rape but still.may be assault if she never said No till that point...The difference in the timing of NO is the difference between consent and mere asking to stop at some point during consensual sex because she felt i) mission already accomplished ...ifgold-digger motives ..or 2.She was feeling physically hurt at the point she said No...Thus when was NO said is crucial in my opinion given her apparent enticement to sex to some point 8n time.

No ... just no. A woman can withdraw consent at any time prior to/during sexual contact and, to proceed in the face of that denial/withdrawal of consent is rape. Here is just one such example: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/16/AR2008041602921.html

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
I like the people who claim they'll never root for the Hawks or Kane again if he really did this. The first good game Kane has and you'll be cheering. If you don't then you were never really a Hawks fan.

Getting overly upset about a pro athlete doing crap like this is pointless. It must be fun going through life being upset all the time.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well if it 8s 9-25 years in the slammer for 1st degree rape...he 8s d9ne from anything anymore...If he gets just a few years on lesser rape degree and time reduced for good behaviour..his hockey career still over...because any conviction dooms him out of the NHL..but I could see in a few years so e HBO SPECIAL: CHOMP-OFF PALOOZA from Vegas...SUAREZ vs. KANE ...probably draws huge t.v. numbers. (Sorry ...a bit of levity in this festival of darkness that has descended on the Hawks Cup celebration Summer due to this mess Kane got into.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I like the people who claim they'll never root for the Hawks or Kane again if he really did this. The first good game Kane has and you'll be cheering. If you don't then you were never really a Hawks fan.

Getting overly upset about a pro athlete doing crap like this is pointless. It must be fun going through life being upset all the time.

I haven't seen anyone say they'll stop rooting for the Hawks over this. But maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

BlackhawkPaul

Indian Head Nation
Aug 26, 2008
Chicago

I have no idea if Kane did anything or not. None of us will probably ever know.
If he's charged and convicted, I will have no problem ever cheering for him again. It will be the next jersey that I remove the letters and numbers from to get another player to grace the back.
I don't need you to tell me what my Blackhawks fan meter is. That statement alone makes you tremendously ignorant.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Wont affect me. I'll root for Kane and the Hawks as much as ever if he continues playing here. I won't tell someone else how to act though.

BlackhawkPaul

Indian Head Nation
Aug 26, 2008
Chicago
Yeah who are you to tell someone if they are a real fan or not
It seems like that happens on all of the message boards to make one fan feel superior over another.

This situation has polarized many fans into camps.
My camp is on the outside a bit. It's the one looking at all of the social media and message board comments and wondering what's in the water for people blindly taking sides with little to no information. The other crazy thing are the loads of idiots using this incident as a platform for **** shaming, and these same men have sisters, wives, daughters and mothers-- and the women who are shaming are just as bad with their "Kane can get any girl he wants, this girl is a jersey chaser" (an actual twitter post) posts.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wont affect me. I'll root for Kane and the Hawks as much as ever if he continues playing here. I won't tell someone else how to act though.
Even if he's convicted, with strong evidence that he legitimately raped this girl? Who knows if that will happen, but if it did, you'd still cheer for him?

BlackhawkPaul

Indian Head Nation
Aug 26, 2008
Chicago
Even if he's convicted, with strong evidence that he legitimately raped this girl? Who knows if that will happen, but if it did, you'd still cheer for him?

I wouldn't. Easily.
What players are like off the ice has bearing on whether I would cheer for them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille