Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nope. Worst case scenario is he's guilty, get's off, the Blackhawks publicly defend him and talk about him being a good guy in general, and then, he does it again.

Extremely doubtful he'd do it again. Hell, I don't think he's been near a cab driver since that incident 5-6 years ago. :laugh:

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Well at this point, I'd like to think the system will convict him if he's actually guilty.

I think we both know fame and fortune will make sure he doesn't get convicted. If he's guilty, he'll probably settle for a ton of money when he knows he's going down.

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
I've had multiple women in my home and I can comfortably say I didn't assault any of them.

I hate to tell you this but there might be a very good chance that Kane feels exactly the same way.

So, I'll ask you then, if one of those woman you did have at your home made an unknown complaint, what exactly would you do? As a hypothetical example, would you admit to having consensual sex with a woman at the party without first finding out if she is the one making the complaint? Cause if she isn't the one making the complaint, you are a pretty big putz for spilling your guts. Basically, you need to find out what is going on before you should make any kind of response.

I think we both know fame and fortune will make sure he doesn't get convicted. If he's guilty, he'll probably settle for a ton of money when he knows he's going down.

That goes both ways tho. I'm not sure the head of the DA's SVU is directly assigned this case if it wasn't so high profile.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So is you guessing what happened that night in general, which is why the point of this thread and all the articles written on this is pretty pointless at this moment. It's a whole bunch of speculation and preaching.

You're confused. When did I guess as to what happened that night? You're the guy speculating right and left.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Extremely doubtful he'd do it again. Hell, I don't think he's been near a cab driver since that incident 5-6 years ago. :laugh:

Yeah, that's really funny to think that he'll learn his lesson to not rape again* and we'll all laugh about it in a couple of years...

*assuming he raped for the first time, etc.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I've had multiple women in my home and I can comfortably say I didn't assault any of them.

You are also not a superstar athlete who is being carefully watched by a good portion of north america. Kane will eventually speak, now is not the right time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its far to early to make any judgement

I hope for best but honest reality is I dont know Kane or accuser or what happened. The evidence will decide if this is worthy of charges and potentially a trial

As a Hawk fan of course naturally I hope none of this is true but Kane wouldn't be first athlete to commit a heinous act

On other end he also wouldn't be first player to be accused of heinous act and ultimately turn out innocent

All we can do is wait for this to unfold and then go from there

Its really a bit absurd that some have made up there minds on situation already based on feelings towards women or Kane

- Kane isn't the most likeable guy but that doesn't make him a rapist
- Women have falsely accused before but that doesn't make this women a liar

We really dont know nor will we know until resolution of this case

- If Kane is charged and found guilty. His NHL career is over and he is headed to jail
- If Kane is charged and found innocent his career continues but this will forever be apart of his legacy (Fair or not)
- If Kane is not charged then really this is non event in longrun for Kane or Hawks and everyone can move on with lives

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

I hope for best but honest reality is I dont know Kane or accuser or what happened. The evidence will decide if this is worthy of charges and potentially a trial

As a Hawk fan of course naturally I hope none of this is true but Kane wouldn't be first athlete to commit a heinous act

On other end he also wouldn't be first player to be accused of heinous act and ultimately turn out innocent

Its really a bit absurd that some have made up there minds on situation already based on feelings towards women or Kane

- If Kane is charged and found guilty. His NHL career is over and he is headed to jail
- If Kane is charged and found innocent his career continues but this will forever be apart of his legacy (Fair or not)
- If Kane is not charged then really this is non event in longrun for Kane or Hawks and everyone can move on with lives

Good post.

It amazes me how level-headed you are about this considering how you make your mind up about everything Hawks-related within minutes, and that opinion is unwavering.

Glad to see that with important matters you keep a level head. Well put.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

You're missing the scenario where he's charged and buys his way out of it. It's not being found guilty, but public opinion may consider that an admission of guilt. I wonder how the image conscious Hawks would handle that.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
You're missing the scenario where he's charged and buys his way out of it. It's not being found guilty, but public opinion may consider that an admission of guilt. I wonder how the image conscious Hawks would handle that.

If he buys his way out of it he will most likely be considered guilty in public eye.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago

Aces. Great post BWC.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I do not believe the story the way it was told in that article, I just don't. I can't see Kane being that forceful. That stupid. Not saying he didn't do anything wrong but I just can't see it to that extent with other people also in the house. As someone said earlier it sounds very fishy, espceially if this was the girl hanging on him and fighting others away. Sounds like a potential set up. Not saying it is, but it doesn't sound right the way it was in that article.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN

I agree with everything here except the last sentence...Kane continues to put himself in these situations where alcohol/partying/women are involved out in the public. You have to wonder if the Hawks management is going to continue to put up with it.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I dont think he puts himself in these situations at all. He is hardly in the spotlight like he once was. And hes only 26. Given his history, he is an easier target than other guys on the team his age like toews. Not his fault. He hasnt been in the spotlight for any dumb stuff since the pics of him partying at a college in summer 2012 afaik.

Nocando

Aug 9, 2015

Or the scenario where he really is innocent, and the victim, but some people think he bought way out of it and still brand him as a guilty rapist. That would be as awful as people falsely branding the woman as a lying golddigger, wouldn't it?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I dont think he puts himself in these situations at all. He is hardly in the spotlight like he once was. And hes only 26. Given his history, he is an easier target than other guys on the team his age like toews. Not his fault. He hasnt been in the spotlight for any dumb stuff since the pics of him partying at a college in summer 2012 afaik.

It's sad how our forum's mansplainers on the one hand preach patience, while simultaneously insinuating that Kane's likely the victim of his accuser's nefarious plan.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

Wow. An amazingly level-headed, well-reasoned, and well-written post. Very impressed.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Or the scenario where he really is innocent, and the victim, but some people think he bought way out of it and still brand him as a guilty rapist. That would be as awful as people falsely branding the woman as a lying golddigger, wouldn't it?

You just posted the exact same scenario as the guy you were responding to!

1. Charged
2. Buys out (innocence/guilt not determined)
3. Public views as guilty
4. Blackhawks move

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

Absolutely, that would be awful, which is why I doubt he'd choose that route if he's truly innocent, especially considering he'll have the best lawyers money can buy.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Absolutely, that would be awful, which is why I doubt he'd choose that route if he's truly innocent, especially considering he'll have the best lawyers money can buy.
If he's charged, he is probably immediately suspended by the NHL. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of letting it drag on through the season, he ends it quickly so he can suit up. You have to remember, hockey is life to most of these guys.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
If he's charged, he is probably immediately suspended by the NHL. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of letting it drag on through the season, he ends it quickly so he can suit up. You have to remember, hockey is life to most of these guys.

I don't buy it. You're falsely accused of this heinous crime, the stigma of which will last forever if you don't fight it, and you're going to just say 'who cares, I just want to play hockey, so I may as well just pay her'?

Not to mention, endorsements go bye bye, forever. If he's innocent, it's a nonsensical approach.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Question: Can the Blackhawks void his contract if he is arrested?

Not saying he is guilty or anything, just curious about the language in the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad