Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Maybe I'm completely alone here, but we've heard nothing from the Kane camp, essentially. If you're Kane and you 100% know you are not guilty of what you're being accused of, don't you come right out and adamantly publicly deny any wrongdoing? I mean, I get lawyering up, even if I knew I was innocent I would do that, but I'd sure as hell want to come out fighting and denying I did anything than to be sitting back waiting silently on an investigation. I'm not stirring the pot and using this as a sly way to say I think Kane did anything, I'm speaking strictly on how I would feel if I'm the one being accused in this scenario. Is this too simpleton of thinking on my part?

No. In Kane's instance even if he's 100% innocent, for the time being he needs to just shut the **** up. Anything he says at this point is going to get twisted around and used against him. Until this gets resolved, he is the devil in the public eye. Him saying he diddn't do it, isn't going to do anything for him. And like the post above me said, its very possible he doesnt remember much either.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think there's definitely a chance that Kane was blackout drunk and he himself has no idea what happened.

That would contradict the bar owner's statement. I don't know if the bar owner's credible, but let's not selectively choose which among his statements to believe.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
What makes me nervous is the facts the cops are being quiet as well. For all we know, they're compiling enough evidence to nail his butt real good.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Appreciate the responses. All fair points. I get all that, but god damn would I have a hard time keeping quiet if I knew for certain I didn't do anything wrong; IF I knew for certain. Interesting thoughts too about his memory potentially being hazy/uncertain. So many unknowns.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Maybe I'm completely alone here, but we've heard nothing from the Kane camp, essentially. If you're Kane and you 100% know you are not guilty of what you're being accused of, don't you come right out and adamantly publicly deny any wrongdoing? I mean, I get lawyering up, even if I knew I was innocent I would do that, but I'd sure as hell want to come out fighting and denying I did anything than to be sitting back waiting silently on an investigation. I'm not stirring the pot and using this as a sly way to say I think Kane did anything, I'm speaking strictly on how I would feel if I'm the one being accused in this scenario. Is this too simpleton of thinking on my part?

The temptation would be that you want to scream your innocence to anybody who will listen, but in this case the public is already thinking Kane is the devil and any lawyer worth his/her weight would tell Kane to shut the..up until further notice. Kane keeping quiet and having a low profile right now if probably in his best interest. Kane needs to let his lawyer and perhaps the evidence do his talking. Kane has shown time and time again to be irresponsible but right now the most responsible thing Kane can do is listen to his lawyer and follow his instruction to the letter. Kane won't talk until his attorney is present and give him the ok.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
1 way or another i hope somebody gets their ass handed to them in this. Kane for doing said crime. Or the woman for false accusations. Both are disgusting if you really have an open minded approach to it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah that's one thing everyone needs to start keeping in mind is how facts will be used in a court case by lawyers, not what is moral or not or otherwise in every day life. It's all about how things will be used, manipulated, twisted, whatever, by the attorneys going forward, whether it gets to court or not.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

I think your gut instinct would be to deny, deny, deny. But in the end, the lawyer would be pounding it in to your head that nothing positive can come out of speaking or releasing a statement. Anything you say can be used against you. Just shut up and let this play out on it's own.

He also could be sitting back to wait until he is charged, if he even gets charged.

I find it somewhat odd that he hasn't been charged yet. Is there something the police know or have as evidence that makes them unsure? But I'm no expert on this, so maybe that's normal protocol?

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Lmao yes it does. That's no excuse to rape someone, but it shows that there can be a motive behind these accusations. Any intelligent lawyer would be all over that.

Depends. Juries, I believe, are more sentivite to the accused's lawyer going strongly after the alleged victim. It's not written in stone they'll go for "this is a money grab" defense as it might not be smart. They might just go for "it was consensual"( or even "nothing happened" depending on the results of the kit) without inferring that her alleged behaviour in the bar proves an ominous motive.

I find it somewhat odd that he hasn't been charged yet. Is there something the police know or have as evidence that makes them unsure? But I'm no expert on this, so maybe that's normal protocol

There hasn't even been an arrest yet. Why would the prosecutor proceed when the results are not probably in yet from the rape kit? Nothing can be inferred from the charges not being filed yet.

Last edited:

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Lmao yes it does. That's no excuse to rape someone, but it shows that there can be a motive behind these accusations. Any intelligent lawyer would be all over that.

Lmao, doesn't show that in the slightest.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
His condition could have worsened after Kane left the bar.

Possible, but the alleged assault happened within an hour of them leaving the bar. Us guessing how drunk kane was is pointless.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Possible, but the alleged assault happened within an hour of them leaving the bar. Us guessing how drunk kane was is pointless.

So is you guessing what happened that night in general, which is why the point of this thread and all the articles written on this is pretty pointless at this moment. It's a whole bunch of speculation and preaching.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
So is you guessing what happened that night in general, which is why the point of this thread and all the articles written on this is pretty pointless at this moment. It's a whole bunch of speculation and preaching.

Well, you yourself made the following post in the last couple of pages

This is actually interesting now. Where were the friends in all this? Conceivably some of Kane's entourage was there with those other friends. Why was the accuser wondering around in Kane's house? Also, I've heard there were texts between these two, is that true?

Isn't this speculation?

What we do know is that Kane likely had sex with this girl at his house. That's it.

Technically we don't even know that.

Speculation might be pointless but you engage in it just as other people do. And, I would consider news articles relevant information, at least more relevant than message board talks.

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
I find it somewhat odd that he hasn't been charged yet. Is there something the police know or have as evidence that makes them unsure? But I'm no expert on this, so maybe that's normal protocol?

Police investigate the complaint, compile evidence and don't make an arrest until they have completed that work. So you almost certainly won't see an arrest until the lab work gets back.

After that, they present the evidence to the DA. And the DA's office is where a person is charged.

Case is still in the early stages. I'm not expecting to know whether Kane is going to be charged or not for months.

Speak up about what? If you were innocent of any wrongdoing and there were multiple woman in your home at the time of an alleged incident, you would not even know at this time which woman even made the complaint.

Interesting take on the bar owner's potential motive for his statements:
http://www.dailypublic.com/articles...ent-news-about-pat-kane#.VcdBhN4ntYc.facebook

I agree that it is in extremely bad taste to dedicate a big portion of the story interviewing someone who even says he doesn't know this is the same woman. Just another not-so-subtle way of placing the blame on the alleged victim.

I don't think placing the blame on the victim had anything to do with it, personally. If I were a bar owner and was hearing all this speculation about something that started at my bar, I would want to clarify two things. One, my bar didn't over serve either party. And two, if one of my female patrons left my bar with some guy to go to his home, she did so under her own free will.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well, you yourself made the following post in the last couple of pages

Isn't this speculation?

Technically we don't even know that.

Speculation might be pointless but you engage in it just as other people do. And, I would consider news articles relevant information, at least more relevant than message board talks.

Those are questions I have now that more information is coming out about the claim. Them having sex is speculation, indeed. But I'm not coming to conclusions about the situation based off of my own speculation or attacking other posters for disagreeing with my speculation as some others have.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
I think there's definitely a chance that Kane was blackout drunk and he himself has no idea what happened.

There's a chance both could've been blackout drunk. A few more details have emerged, but very little is known about it still.

I wouldn't infer anything from the silence. It's smart to keep your mouth shut, especially if sex took place and he was drunk and hazy on the detals.

I wonder how awkward his family Stanley Cup celebration was.

I wonder how this ranks in the most awkward moments the Stanley Cupbearer Guy had to be a part of (since he always has to be in sight of the cup or one of his assistants has to be).

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I don't think placing the blame on the victim had anything to do with it, personally. If I were a bar owner and was hearing all this speculation about something that started at my bar, I would want to clarify two things. One, my bar didn't over serve either party. And two, if one of my female patrons left my bar with some guy to go to his home, she did so under her own free will.

Huge portion of the story was dedicated interviewing someone who by his own admission said he didn't even know if this was the same woman. The journalist gives a lot of space to these comments ("she was hanging all over him", "followed him"), which are not really relevant, at least to a degree that they deserve so much space in the report. It's poor journalistic integrity. I don't know if the point made by the author of the story l linked turns out to be relevant considering serving laws and liability, but again, it's poor journalistic manner to let the interviewee claim he has no stake it what happened at his bar, when he in actuality has, without the journalist pointing this out.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Police investigate the complaint, compile evidence and don't make an arrest until they have completed that work. So you almost certainly won't see an arrest until the lab work gets back.

After that, they present the evidence to the DA. And the DA's office is where a person is charged.

Case is still in the early stages. I'm not expecting to know whether Kane is going to be charged or not for months.

Speak up about what? If you were innocent of any wrongdoing and there were multiple woman in your home at the time of an alleged incident, you would not even know at this time which woman even made the complaint.

I've had multiple women in my home and I can comfortably say I didn't assault any of them.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Yep and then spends a long time in prison.
Nope. Worst case scenario is he's guilty, get's off, the Blackhawks publicly defend him and talk about him being a good guy in general, and then, he does it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad