Kakko vs. Kravy…Who scores more points next season

Assuming both play in at least 60 games…who gets more points….

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Gallant is going to want to establish alpha status over Kravtsov early given his history of taking his ball and going home at the first sign of adversity. He is not going to start off with Kravtsov over Lafreniere or Kakko after those two took their licks and said all the right things while playing under Gallant in his first season as head coach with the Rangers. I would not be surprised if Kravtsov sees a lot of 10-12 minute per night of ice time games this season.

When Gallant took over Vegas Vadim Shipachyov was supposed to be a primetime player for them their first season. He was their first player signing. I remember Vegas tweeting out a mock lineup where they had Shipachyov penciled in at every forward position. Brand new season ticket holders had bought Shipachyov jerseys. He played ten minutes in his first game and scored a goal. He got ten minutes his next two games then pulled a Kravtsov and went home. Vegas and Gallant went to the finals anyway.
Vegas cancelled his contract soon so if he wanted to play in the NHL I assume he could have come back.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
we’re all hoping he can contribute to North America style ice hockey. Otherwise, the post reads like a Olympic figure skating broadcast.
He’s the next evolution of hockey, pretty soon the NHL won’t be “North America style” it will be “Kravtsov style”. He doesn’t need to worry about adapting to the NHL, the NHL needs to adapt to him.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
He’s the next evolution of hockey, pretty soon the NHL won’t be “North America style” it will be “Kravtsov style”. He doesn’t need to worry about adapting to the NHL, the NHL needs to adapt to him.

if the NHL adapts to his style they’ll all sulk and fly to Russia

Reactions: Hensch

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The first song is literally the Rangers skate out song lol, I was going to put classical music because of how meticulous his game is and how he just has such a sophisticated appreciation for the aesthetics of the sport.
See, I could have watched that.
Yeah, I got a bout 2 mins in and was like "This is NOT worth it." Hahaha. But I'm probably older and crankier than the target audience.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It obv most likely depends, barring injury, on who gets the most minutes w/best linemates.
All things =, Krav, though KK will likely make a big jump this yr.

The Krav hate by the board is sickening.

i‘ve always liked the kid and defended him yet, like Nils, you have to do it here. The pre-mature praise from overseas means zilch.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Kravtsov wouldn't know how to find the royal road with waze.

Reactions: will1066

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I still think Kravtsov will be dealt by the trade deadline depending on the position of the Rangers are at the trade deadline.

Reactions: Hensch

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I got to be honest. I don’t think that we can objectively say how many points one or the other can get unless it’s apples to apples. And even then, I’d expect disappointment.

Neither are going to get any meaningful power play time. That’s probably at least 20 points each.

What are your expectations? That Kakko or Kravtsov are going to put up 50-60 even strength points ? How many forwards did that last year? Especially being that we’re not good at 5 on 5 to begin with.

I’m not going to blame the kids. It’s usage and opportunities. Just simple math some guys are going to be left out in the mud, and whoever earns the favor of the coach faster, he’s the better chance.

Right now, these two are fighting for survival. Unless we get Hunt on the second line, and then neither survive, which is entirely possible.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
i‘ve always liked the kid and defended him yet, like Nils, you have to do it here. The pre-mature praise from overseas means zilch.
I agree.
But BEING ABLE to do it here necessitates as a prerequisite that you get a legit chance.
Legit chance to me here means ACTUAL sufficient minutes w/quality talent for linemates.
Lias Andersson fully got such opportunity, obv Krav did not.
Then there was the bs about forcing him down b'c they needed a roster spot, when they shouldn't have had McKegg on the roster. He didn't want to swallow, so we all saw what happened.
Hopefully we can move forward now w/zero bs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Because the question asked ”who gets MORE points”. If it’s your thinking they will have the same amount of points, then you wouldn’t vote in the poll, now would you?

Read the first amendment, I got a right to vote. For the poll to be complete I want two more options, (c) Neither will get any points and (d) It will be a tie.

Reactions: Off Sides

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
it's gonna be #74 or you can all bump this with Rick's dinner.
de446d37c22c27bc5c49a0adff468a1e.jpeg

Reactions: EdJovanovski

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Kakko absolutely dominates Kravtsov by putting up a superb 27 points and Kravtsov leaves in October for the start up Saudi Arabian hockey league after losing a single shift of ice time to Dryden Hunt
An early contender for post of the year !

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
If we are talking combined points in AHL/KHL/NHL then you have to give Kravy a chance at least. Seriously folks , their is something seriously wrong with 35 % picking Kravy. Maybe it could happen if something like injury or other weird thing happens with KK but I'm doubtful Kravy is going to have much of a career in the NHL. Maybe on New Jersey Devils or Arizona for a short time but not on the GG coached New York Rangers. Sorry , not going to happen.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad