Proposal: Kadri for a blueliner

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No Leaf fan with a clue is trading Nylander or Kadri for anything.
You’re right, I wish we could go back to the Kapanen+1st proposals. Those always ended quickly. Nobody is going to trade you a good dman for your garbage. You best believe if the thread involves other teams young budding defenseman than a player like Nylander will come up.

Reactions: connormcmuffin

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
You’re right, I wish we could go back to the Kapanen+1st proposals. Those always ended quickly. Nobody is going to trade you a good dman for your garbage. You best believe if the thread involves other teams young budding defenseman than a player like Nylander will come up.

I never said Kapenen+1st for a dman?

I don't think we need one, and if we were to move for one, we could just deal prospects/picks for a guy like Gudas.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Not expecting a #1D return though. Nylander would never get a #1D in a trade. If you want a sure fire #1 dman than put Matthews/Tavares on the table cause #1 dmen are not traded for the same reason you wouldn’t or shouldn’t trade Matthews/Tavares. I’m also confused, are the Leafs looking for a #1D? I’ve been told a million times that Rielly is a bonafide #1 dman. Spurgeon is an elite #2 that IMO played his best hockey next to Scandella.

Rielly played like a #1, lower-mid-end #1 for one year- last year, and he's young. Depends on your definition of a #1 though.

Leafs are looking for a top 4 capable RHD who ideally has some size, is physical, prioritizes defense and helps block shots. Those are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now. Not necessarily a #1.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Rielly played like a #1, lower-mid-end #1 for one year- last year, and he's young. Depends on your definition of a #1 though.

Leafs are looking for a top 4 capable RHD who ideally has some size, is physical, prioritizes defense and helps block shots. Those are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now. Not necessarily a #1.
This has been my battlecry....just got a D 1st top 4 guy that can hopefully slide up and play with Rielly. Don't need a true top pair stud....can't afford it.

Reactions: firstemperor

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The comparable I suppose is the Vatanen-Henrique trade. There was some issue between Vatanen and Anaheim though. I can't remember it exactly, but Vatanen was being shopped around for a while before he was traded.

Maybe the Leafs could get Trouba that way, since there's lots of talk that he could be trade bait, but he'd have to want to play for Toronto, which could be the case but who knows? I can't think of any other D like that who is rumored to be potentially traded.

I don't think they could get a D like that if there is no x-factor, pushing a trade to happen.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The comparable I suppose is the Vatanen-Henrique trade. There was some issue between Vatanen and Anaheim though. I can't remember it exactly, but Vatanen was being shopped around for a while before he was traded.

Maybe the Leafs could get Trouba that way, since there's lots of talk that he could be trade bait, but he'd have to want to play for Toronto, which could be the case but who knows? I can't think of any other D like that who is rumored to be potentially traded.

I don't think they could get a D like that if there is no x-factor, pushing a trade to happen.
Problem with a Trouba trade is Jets needs...they don't need forwrds, they would need a D....and the Leafs are a tad short on quality expendable D at the moment.:laugh:

Reactions: Snowman

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Disagree. Leafs need dmen that are good at controlled exits. Puck movers

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This has been my battlecry....just got a D 1st top 4 guy that can hopefully slide up and play with Rielly. Don't need a true top pair stud....can't afford it.

Lifer,

You and firstemperor I respect your guys opinions a lot about the Leafs. Based on the quote from him you just quoted and your post then you have no one like that in your system including Liljegren. While he’s talented puck mover.....he’s not all those qualities emperor listed. While I know you’ve been reluctant to part with Liljegren in the past......would you part with him+ to get a top pairing rhd with the qualities emperor listed?

Reactions: firstemperor

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
How about the other 3?

I mean, the first one you posted had Kadri as some kind of equal to a Benn or Kane type of player (you know, real top flight players with a trophy case). Kadri doesn't belong in that kind of prestigious company.

You can go on about Kadri's great contract all you want, but he's not a #1C.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Problem with a Trouba trade is Jets needs...they don't need forwrds, they would need a D....and the Leafs are a tad short on quality expendable D at the moment.:laugh:
they found their biggest success when they added Stastny, so imo that team benefits a lot from depth at center.

But you are right, that Winnipeg does not want to trade Trouba and so if they were forced to they would want to make a sideways move for an equal D, but will that trade emerge? Maybe or maybe not. The longer they wait, the worse the return will be, and they might be looking at a Skinner trade type of return then.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I mean, the first one you posted had Kadri as some kind of equal to a Benn or Kane type of player (you know, real top flight players with a trophy case). Kadri doesn't belong in that kind of prestigious company.

You can go on about Kadri's great contract all you want, but he's not a #1C.
He would be a #1C on a number of teams including Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad