Value of: Kaapo Kakko

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
14 points in 33 games is not a 1st line winger lmao. It's good he's salvaging some kind of NHL career but he's a major disappointment as a 4th overall pick.

Well he is actually on the first line in Edmonton and brings a lot to that line as a dominant fore checker, defensive and physical presence, not all the players on a line can be 50 goalscorers and 100 pt guys, points are not the only thing when a player is playing very well. Hope KK gets it together and the Rangers hold on to him and have patience.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Well he is actually on the first line in Edmonton and brings a lot to that line as a dominant fore checker, defensive presence ams distrupter, not all the players on a line can be 50 goalscorers and 100 pt guys, points are not the only thing when a player is playing very well. Hope KK gets it together and the Rangers hold on to him and have patience.
That doesn't make him a 1st line winger, is Chiasson a 1st line winger too because he spent time on McDavid's wing at one point?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
well most Rags fans say Jack Eichel is not enough for him lol
No, that’s not what most rags fans are saying, actually.

What we are saying is Kakko, + Fox, + the f***ing Sun, Moon, and the formerly known planet Pluto is not in our best interest for Eichel.

If you’re going to mock one of the largest fanbases in the NHL, put a little effort in researching the nonsense you’re discharging. You look straight up pathetic right now.

You’re plucking quotes from a small fraction of Rangers fan and, have the audacity to group them all under the same umbrella. All because 1 inpatient fan created a Kakko thread.

:dunce:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’d love to trade for Kakko at the draft.

I don’t think the Rangers entertain moving him before his ELC is up.
No, they don’t.

Quinn is trying to develop Kakko (And Laf) into competent 2-way forwards. They’re getting a little over double digit minutes per night.

*Most* Rangers fans are not satisfied with the way Quinn is developing them. We’ll see what happens with them.

The organization isn’t in a rush to see them start peaking offensively. It’s been frustrating but neither player is anywhere near available.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
If kakko starts producing he would be the definition of a complete player. His defense and play without the puck just keeps getting better and better. His stick is always tipping or intercepting passes and he will be near impossible to shove off the puck in the future when he grows into his body. It's quite remarkable when you look at the score sheet and see how barren it is because there are many games this season where he has been the best player on the team. After all is said and done, I have to believe management is pleased with his progress and sees what could be a Hossa type player developing in front of their eyes. I don't see him being traded anytime soon.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I remember when I said predraft he was the next Puljujarvi and got laughed at.
Then you got laughed at for good reason. Apart from the lack of scoring, Kakko is playing well and obviously progressing in his development. Puljujarvi back then looked completely lost on the ice, totally not fitting in. (Needless to say, much better now. So your "next Puljujarvi" is kind of ambiguous phrasing as well.)

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If I'm rangers I'd sell him now before it gets worse. Maybe they can get a 1st round pick and prospect for him .
He hasn't been getting worse though. He's 10 times the player he was last season. Kakko developed an actual 2 way game, and is very strong at creating takeaways. As long as he can find a way to improve his production next season, he'll actually be on a good path for development. We obviously want him to produce so it's disappointing when he doesn't get on the score sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad