Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Fell asleep sometime in the second period and woke up just about the same time as the Jets. You're welcome! Another great pushback by the frauds to win it! I give this game four Bisons out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the home game against the Krakenheads has been posted for your guesses. The next seven games are available, so if you want to make a GDT, now's your chance! See you Tuesday! Good night...

giphy.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
In 2018 I would never have predicted that out of Trouba/Morrissey it would be Morrissey that would turn out to be the elite d-man. Just remarkable progress from him and stagnation from Trouba.

Iafallo has a good stick, knocks pucks down, on the forecheck he creates a disruptive force for the opponent to deal with more often than not and in his own zone he makes safe plays and is not easy body for the offensive players to navigate. But offensively with the puck on his stick he is totally lost. I am actually surprised how he was a consistent ~45 point scorer for the Kings through his career there. I think he can be a good fit as a "digger" to prolong o-zone time and keep the d-zone clean but hard to see him driving any offense.

Agreed about Barron, he seems to have a higher ceiling. To be honest even him getting a shot on the 3rd line ahead of Apples would be good.

I hope you are right Bogo as I wanna see Ehlers sign an 8 year extension and retire as a Jet but it's not just me. This sentiment seems to be pretty prevalent and Murat raised in his latest Athletic piece too and an NHL Agent (not Ehlers' mind you) replied to him that if he was 27's agent he'd advise him against re-signing with this club. Not my words, Murat and an anonymous NHL agent's.
Ehlers is one of my favourite players. Hell I have a game worn, signed jersey of his hanging in my home office. And I love that he is our jump starter, and I'm guessing he relishes the role.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
In 2018 I would never have predicted that out of Trouba/Morrissey it would be Morrissey that would turn out to be the elite d-man. Just remarkable progress from him and stagnation from Trouba.

Iafallo has a good stick, knocks pucks down, on the forecheck he creates a disruptive force for the opponent to deal with more often than not and in his own zone he makes safe plays and is not easy body for the offensive players to navigate. But offensively with the puck on his stick he is totally lost. I am actually surprised how he was a consistent ~45 point scorer for the Kings through his career there. I think he can be a good fit as a "digger" to prolong o-zone time and keep the d-zone clean but hard to see him driving any offense.

Agreed about Barron, he seems to have a higher ceiling. To be honest even him getting a shot on the 3rd line ahead of Apples would be good.

I hope you are right Bogo as I wanna see Ehlers sign an 8 year extension and retire as a Jet but it's not just me. This sentiment seems to be pretty prevalent and Murat raised in his latest Athletic piece too and an NHL Agent (not Ehlers' mind you) replied to him that if he was 27's agent he'd advise him against re-signing with this club. Not my words, Murat and an anonymous NHL agent's.
Iafallo is just doing cardio out there. Without the puck, Barron can do everything that Iafallo can. Let Iafallo play with the other slow pokes on the 4th line and let the guy who can actually put the puck in the net get a shot.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Do you deal Perfetti for Buchnevich or Reilly Smith?

No. You only del Perfetti for someone with term

Anyways good solid game. Feel like we are getting back to the successful style we had early in the season. I don't mind Ehlers down on the 2nd line, I thought it balanced us out this game.

It wouldn't shock me to see Ehlers finish his career here. He will be 30 at the end of this deal. A nice 6 year deal at the end of this. He doesn't seem like "IM IN IT FOR THE MONEY" guy. I don't know that is just how I see it

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Anyways good solid game. Feel like we are getting back to the successful style we had early in the season. I don't mind Ehlers down on the 2nd line, I thought it balanced us out this game.

It wouldn't shock me to see Ehlers finish his career here. He will be 30 at the end of this deal. A nice 6 year deal at the end of this. He doesn't seem like "IM IN IT FOR THE MONEY" guy. I don't know that is just how I see it
Yup, and not every NHL player sees themselves as a superstar being held back by dinosaur coaches

To me, Ehlers is an "elite complimentary player"... same as Connor but in different roles. The only superstars I see on this team are Schief, JoMo and Helle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bones used Ehlers once again to jump start the team, just by moving him from a line where he wasn't needed to somewhere that he was. The negativity around here runs so very deep. I'm betting Nikki feels a lot better about being the team catalyst it than people try to make it out to be.

That's all well and good but points drive value and he's on pace to have his worst per game season in a number of years.
Ehlers is one of my favourite players. Hell I have a game worn, signed jersey of his hanging in my home office. And I love that he is our jump starter, and I'm guessing he relishes the role.

And yet it's leading him to have his worst season statistically in years right before he's eligible to sign his retirement deal. I mean that is certainly great for his earning potential.

At the end of the day it's a career for these guys and they want maximize the money they make. The Jets have historically and yes even this year haven't put him in a position to maximize his earnings which is in direct contrast to some other members of the team like KC and Mark.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I like Vlad and actually don't mind him on that line. My issue is what this shows us about Bones' decision making. All 3 lines were rolling and he just did that for no reason (probably because of a cross ice pass by 27 to 81 that got intercepted in the o-zone). This is not a one off... he clearly has a shorter leash with 27 than with other players. We desperately need that top line to atleast be average come playoff time and the only time it has been is with 27 there. Vlad is not gonna stay on that line once 13 is back so him having such a short leash with 81-55-27 makes me feel very pessimistic about us fielding even an average top line come playoffs.
Right. First place in Western Conference. Clearly we have a coaching problem. Wait, what?!?

Cotton Eye Joe

Oct 8, 2023

Both Buchnevich and Smith have term.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Morrissey always had the higher ceiling, lower floor. Players with good tools, like Trouba, tend to have a higher floor. Players with a good IQ/toolbox, like Morrissey, tend to be a higher ceiling. He wasn't given all the natural gifts but damn does Morrissey process the game well. If he was 6'3" he wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to us.

Right. First place in Western Conference. Clearly we have a coaching problem. Wait, what?!?
"We're doing well, therefore there are no problems that need to be addressed"

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

And the type of player with term we'd deal him for won't be available at the deadline for one, and two we won't have the cap space to add said player.

People forget how important young players on team controlled cheap deals are for teams at the cap ceiling.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Morrissey always had the higher ceiling, lower floor. Players with good tools, like Trouba, tends to have a higher floor. Players with a good IQ/toolbox, like Morrissey, tend to be a higher ceiling. He wasn't given all the natural gifts but damn does Morrissey process the game well. If he was 6'3" he wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to us.

"We're doing well, therefore there are no problems"

That's why I never bet against players who think the game at a higher level then others.

Only shame is he wasn't allowed to unlock this level earlier. Moe really missed the boat with JoMo.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Well hopefully it can run it's course this week as we play on Tuesday and not again till Friday
hoping players don't have another vacation week for a while, I'm pretty sure we had the flu bug around the xmas break and this one seems to have come from the asb

Reactions: bustamente

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Fell asleep sometime in the second period and woke up just about the same time as the Jets. You're welcome! Another great pushback by the frauds to win it! I give this game four Bisons out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the home game against the Krakenheads has been posted for your guesses. The next seven games are available, so if you want to make a GDT, now's your chance! See you Tuesday! Good night...

giphy.gif
Magnificent animal. I love them. They are also delicious. Katonka.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That's all well and good but points drive value and he's on pace to have his worst per game season in a number of years.

And yet it's leading him to have his worst season statistically in years right before he's eligible to sign his retirement deal. I mean that is certainly great for his earning potential.

At the end of the day it's a career for these guys and they want maximize the money they make. The Jets have historically and yes even this year haven't put him in a position to maximize his earnings which is in direct contrast to some other members of the team like KC and Mark.
So the team's strategy is to prioritize individual player success over team success? I love 27-55 together as that is our best forward pairing, but Ehlers can drive any line and using him to do so is a hell of a tool Bones has if used well.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I was reading comments from the Sabre fans ... they want Iafallo. He's from the area Eden just south of Buffalo
Big week coming up .. maybe a trade?

7tEBJvao_mini.jpg

Ken Wiebe

@WiebesWorld
·
2h
As for the scout watch, it’s a heavily scouted tilt. Stars, Canadiens, Kings, two for Ducks, Blackhawks, Senators, Wild, Lightning, Panthers, Avalanche, Bruins and Red Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad