Post-Game Talk: JUMP TO THE PUMP: Jets have gas in 5-2 win over Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Really happy for Perfetti to get a point although that is least sexiest point of his career off a backhand chip out of the zone. :laugh:

Morrissey entering elite d-man conversations. What a pleasure that we get to watch him play for the Jets.

The Jets best game since I wanna say the Vancouver game.

UPL made some big saves but let a couple of softies that were back breaking. Another team that could've traded for Helle this summer but refused to... oh well.

Man if Ehlers tells the Jets to screw off this summer when it comes to talking an extension, can't say I'll blame him. If there is any Jet who has the right to show this org the middle finger and test UFA it is him. And it is not a loss we will easily recover from considering how ass that top line is without him.

Glad for the win but this game once again showed me that Bowness' decisions are the biggest thing standing in the way of the Jets this playoffs.
Its getting pretty clear Helle was never on the block...

Bones preaches shoot, shoot, shoot so Ehlers does... he needs a net crasher

I'd say get Nino back on his line but thats not going to happen - I'd sell the farm for a second line finisher for him...

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
1709520739204.jpeg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Bones decisions just ignited another comeback. Sometimes player moves aren't demotions and are instead used to get more players contributing. I think Nikki is fine being used to jump start lines, it is not like he was benched.
So Marty, Bones gets no credit for you?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Really happy for Perfetti to get a point although that is least sexiest point of his career off a backhand chip out of the zone. :laugh:

Morrissey entering elite d-man conversations. What a pleasure that we get to watch him play for the Jets.

The Jets best game since I wanna say the Vancouver game.

UPL made some big saves but let a couple of softies that were back breaking. Another team that could've traded for Helle this summer but refused to... oh well.

Man if Ehlers tells the Jets to screw off this summer when it comes to talking an extension, can't say I'll blame him. If there is any Jet who has the right to show this org the middle finger and test UFA it is him. And it is not a loss we will easily recover from considering how ass that top line is without him.

Glad for the win but this game once again showed me that Bowness' decisions are the biggest thing standing in the way of the Jets this playoffs.
They just erupted again in the 3rd. I don't think professional athletes are as petty as you are trying to portray them. Personally I like that Bones has started pulling out the blender more. Top teams are never afraid to give different looks when chasing games. It is amazing how often it leads to success.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
In 2018 I would never have predicted that out of Trouba/Morrissey it would be Morrissey that would turn out to be the elite d-man. Just remarkable progress from him and stagnation from Trouba.

Seriously what the f*** do they see in Iafallo

Give Barron a second line shot. I didn't love him in the top 6 last year but 10 goals 99% of the time as a 4th liner is pretty damn good. Has size and more speed than Iafallo too. He deserves a look.

Iafallo has a good stick, knocks pucks down, on the forecheck he creates a disruptive force for the opponent to deal with more often than not and in his own zone he makes safe plays and is not easy body for the offensive players to navigate. But offensively with the puck on his stick he is totally lost. I am actually surprised how he was a consistent ~45 point scorer for the Kings through his career there. I think he can be a good fit as a "digger" to prolong o-zone time and keep the d-zone clean but hard to see him driving any offense.

Agreed about Barron, he seems to have a higher ceiling. To be honest even him getting a shot on the 3rd line ahead of Apples would be good.

They just erupted again in the 3rd. I don't think professional athletes are as petty as you are trying to portray them. Personally I like that Bones has started pulling out the blender more. Top teams are never afraid to give different looks when chasing games. It is amazing how often it leads to success.

I hope you are right Bogo as I wanna see Ehlers sign an 8 year extension and retire as a Jet but it's not just me. This sentiment seems to be pretty prevalent and Murat raised in his latest Athletic piece too and an NHL Agent (not Ehlers' mind you) replied to him that if he was 27's agent he'd advise him against re-signing with this club. Not my words, Murat and an anonymous NHL agent's.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

It's not about pettiness but about maximizing earnings. I'm sure his agent and he are well aware that due to usage, points have been left on the table and that will impact his next deal. To a large extent he's been sandbagged by the team with second line and second pp usage when he's clearly a top line player.

I stand by my opinion that the Jets won't pay a premium to keep him and imo that is the only way he stays.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Ok guys let's nip this in the bud. STOP perpetuating the "frauds" knickname !

Do you really what this to be a "thing" ? It's like getting an undesirable knickname like "stinky" "Jerks" has at least some edge to it Frauds does not
I think it's perfect. There isn't much that's more motivating than being called a fraud

It's only funny if it's true though... won't be as funny when we lose 4 in a row

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not about pettiness but about maximizing earnings. I'm sure his agent and he are well aware that due to usage, points have been left on the table and that will impact his next deal.

I stand by my opinion that the Jets won't pay a premium to keep him and imo that is the only way he stays.
Bones used Ehlers once again to jump start the team, just by moving him from a line where he wasn't needed to somewhere that he was. The negativity around here runs so very deep. I'm betting Nikki feels a lot better about being the team catalyst it than people try to make it out to be.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
In 2018 I would never have predicted that out of Trouba/Morrissey it would be Morrissey that would turn out to be the elite d-man. Just remarkable progress from him and stagnation from Trouba.

Iafallo has a good stick, knocks pucks down, on the forecheck he creates a disruptive force for the opponent to deal with more often than not and in his own zone he makes safe plays and is not easy body for the offensive players to navigate. But offensively with the puck on his stick he is totally lost. I am actually surprised how he was a consistent ~45 point scorer for the Kings through his career there. I think he can be a good fit as a "digger" to prolong o-zone time and keep the d-zone clean but hard to see him driving any offense.

Agreed about Barron, he seems to have a higher ceiling. To be honest even him getting a shot on the 3rd line ahead of Apples would be good.

I hope you are right Bogo as I wanna see Ehlers sign an 8 year extension and retire as a Jet but it's not just me. This sentiment seems to be pretty prevalent and Murat raised in his latest Athletic piece too and an NHL Agent (not Ehlers' mind you) replied to him that if he was 27's agent he'd advise him against re-signing with this club. Not my words, Murat and an anonymous NHL agent's.

Agreed! I wouldn't come back either and imo the Jets won't be in the cap position to give him what he'll want to stay. Hard to pay 8 plus million to a player who you use on your sedlcond line.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Jets were the better team throughout, the chances just went in in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany