Post-Game Talk: JUMP TO THE PUMP: Jets have gas in 5-2 win over Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Really happy for Perfetti to get a point although that is least sexiest point of his career off a backhand chip out of the zone. :laugh:

Morrissey entering elite d-man conversations. What a pleasure that we get to watch him play for the Jets.

The Jets best game since I wanna say the Vancouver game.

UPL made some big saves but let a couple of softies that were back breaking. Another team that could've traded for Helle this summer but refused to... oh well.

Man if Ehlers tells the Jets to screw off this summer when it comes to talking an extension, can't say I'll blame him. If there is any Jet who has the right to show this org the middle finger and test UFA it is him. And it is not a loss we will easily recover from considering how ass that top line is without him.

Glad for the win but this game once again showed me that Bowness' decisions are the biggest thing standing in the way of the Jets this playoffs.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice to see the boys bounce back after being down... promised I'd help @Jets 31 with a bouncy gif (although this one may be more jiggly than bouncy)

View attachment 828888

bug eyes (6).gif

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I can't really argue too much about this game, because the Jets played well enough to deserve the victory. Couple of bad goals, one each way. Don't know what Ehlers did to force the demotion when the top 2 lines were cooking in the first couple of periods. Good result. Nice to see.
The first three lines were playing fantastic. Ehlers had a highlight reel pass but Iafallo was on the receiving end...id that's kc or scheifele that would've been in the net

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Nice game - even if they would have lost I would have been happy with that effort

Cheers to Chevy for finally realizing that teams need an actual backup

Great to see a full game of Beast Scheif, Jomo for Norris, Dillon needs an extension

Every puck battle there was a second Jet there to help... that's what made us successful 5v5

Really like Barron's game

Jets do miss Vilardi on the PP - lost our net front

Connor with some decent backchecking

Still not sold on Perfetti on 4th line vs AHL with Lambert

Buffalo colour guy sounds like Shoresy

Not a chance Buffalo trades MIttelstadt

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Really happy for Perfetti to get a point although that is least sexiest point of his career off a backhand chip out of the zone. :laugh:

Morrissey entering elite d-man conversations. What a pleasure that we get to watch him play for the Jets.

The Jets best game since I wanna say the Vancouver game.

UPL made some big saves but let a couple of softies that were back breaking. Another team that could've traded for Helle this summer but refused to... oh well.

Man if Ehlers tells the Jets to screw off this summer when it comes to talking an extension, can't say I'll blame him. If there is any Jet who has the right to show this org the middle finger and test UFA it is him. And it is not a loss we will easily recover from considering how ass that top line is without him.

Glad for the win but this game once again showed me that Bowness' decisions are the biggest thing standing in the way of the Jets this playoffs.
Bones decisions just ignited another comeback. Sometimes player moves aren't demotions and are instead used to get more players contributing. I think Nikki is fine being used to jump start lines, it is not like he was benched.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Bones decisions just ignited another comeback. Sometimes player moves aren't demotions and are instead used to get more players contributing. I think Nikki is fine being used to jump start lines, it is not like he was benched.

I like Vlad and actually don't mind him on that line. My issue is what this shows us about Bones' decision making. All 3 lines were rolling and he just did that for no reason (probably because of a cross ice pass by 27 to 81 that got intercepted in the o-zone). This is not a one off... he clearly has a shorter leash with 27 than with other players. We desperately need that top line to atleast be average come playoff time and the only time it has been is with 27 there. Vlad is not gonna stay on that line once 13 is back so him having such a short leash with 81-55-27 makes me feel very pessimistic about us fielding even an average top line come playoffs.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Stickmen tonight, I'm going to make a comment that some might not agree with but Joshua is the best D man this team has had in the lineup since relocating maybe ever, BROSSWALL, Nino heating up, Pionk still with the brain farts. Barron chips in when he is out of gas, Vladdy does all the little things right. Yes Bones is set in his ways but the team is winning so who am I to argue. Keep collecting points

dancing-rainbow-neon-stickman-rainbow.gif

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seriously what the f*** do they see in Iafallo

Give Barron a second line shot. I didn't love him in the top 6 last year but 10 goals 99% of the time as a 4th liner is pretty damn good. Has size and more speed than Iafallo too. He deserves a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad