Injury Report: Jumbo, Pavs...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Keep in mind that

1) Hockey players need fat.
2) That bulging stomach looks like he is fat; it is just strong abdominal muscles.

Thornton is my favorite player on the team. Every one knows that. But Thornton should not come back for a game 6 or 7 of a series.

Games 5, 6, or 7.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Being a veteran of nearly half a dozen knee surgeries myself, I think he's playing in 3 to 4 weeks max. The supervised rehab he's probably doing will have his knee strong enough very quickly. That being said, I would sit him and Donskoi until the team needs them in the 2nd round. The more time they have to heal the better. If they go down 0-2 in the first round though all bets are off. Strap a brace on and get out there. :P

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Sharks are doing well right now but I wouldn't be so confident we can get out of the 1st round without Thornton. If we get the Kings then it's Kopitar-Carter down the middle and if it's the Ducks it's Getzlaf-Kesler-Henrique down the middle. Is Pavs and Couture big and strong enough to handle Kopitar or Getzlaf? We'd probably have to play Hertl at center.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sharks are doing well right now but I wouldn't be so confident we can get out of the 1st round without Thornton. If we get the Kings then it's Kopitar-Carter down the middle and if it's the Ducks it's Getzlaf-Kesler-Henrique down the middle. Is Pavs and Couture big and strong enough to handle Kopitar or Getzlaf? We'd probably have to play Hertl at center.
I feel pretty confident saying that Hertl is playing the 2C right now and Couture is just listed as so.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Pavelski ate Kopitar in 2016, Hertl is the #2C who will face the toughest matchups and he is plenty big and strong enough to take on anybody. I'm not worried about any of those teams right now.

Reactions: BCShark

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Have there been any updates at all on Jumbo since he skated?

Outside of the the leg feels good but just needs to get stronger? Nope. But then again there is nothing else that can be reported after that. The next step in the process is litterally him being game ready.

I don't want to hear any updates on the process that just mostly means he had a set back.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Thank you guys for the videos/links! Just the type of info I was looking for, sounds like Jumbo is making some positive steps forward. The idea of inserting him and Donskoi back into this lineup makes me giddy.

Reactions: Phu

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
It's been a long time since I skated, but that's looks like a lot of pressure on those knees the way the skates are tilted and how he's crouched. I know it's not full NHL skating pressure, but it's not nothing either. Seems to me it's all about letting the tissue heal longer so it has a better change of holding up vs not being able to go. I'm pretty sure he'll be ready for the PO's.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
At nearly two months of not playing, Thornton is not going to be ready. The better question is how quick can he get back to form once he starts playing.

The other question is how much disruption will occur with cascading line changes inserting him in right at the start of the playoffs.

It would be far better if he started playing this week to work all that out before the playoffs. We'll see.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm expecting Jumbo back for game 1 of the playoffs. Even if he isn't 100%, and even if only plays 4th line minutes at even strength, our PP was great with him and it sucks without him. People complained about the officiating in the game in Nashville but we had 7 PP opportunities and didn't score once. We desperately need Thornton back on the PP.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I'd do this:

Kane - Pavelski - Donskoi
Hertl - Couture - Labanc/Boedker
Tierney - Jumbo - Meier
? - Fehr - ?

Pick the best 2 out of Ward/Goodrow/Hansen/Karlsson/LaBanc/Boedker, depending on opponent.

Ryan - Burns
Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Martin/Demelo

Reactions: mooncalf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad