Injury Report: Jumbo, Pavs...

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Is it confirmed that Donskoi will be back for the playoffs?

He’s been skating, I think if it was something that would keep him out of the playoffs he wouldn’t. It’ll be interesting and very telling during our last road trip with who actually travels.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Sounds like he's okay, also it was probably his wrist so skating doesn't mean much. Good sign that he's staying in game shape though

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Still looks pretty iffy right now. Probably won't get in before the season is over but we'll see how he goes.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Its hard to gage where he's at in a small clip like that and a drill like that because he obviously isn't going to skate hard or cut hard, but still promising nonetheless. I'd like him to get a game or two before the playoffs for endurance and timing, but if he doesn't it won't be the end of the world. He should be back for game 1 barring setbacks.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Edit: removed double post of SHIRTLESS JOE clip

I love me some Jumbo! Excited to see this team fully operational :)

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I dunno watching that does not make me optimistic he'll be back before the regular season ends, might not even be back for the first round either.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I'd be slightly surprised if he's not back for the 1st round. He says the knee feels strong (and the other knee is stronger than ever), he's already skating and there's still two and a half weeks until the playoffs start. Also, it was cut off at the beginning, but it appears that he says he's been working out a lot besides the rehab. He could probably bench a truck now :)

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Let’s give it time. Many of us myself included went from his season/playoffs is toast to optimism when he hit the ice. Things can change quick and only he knows how he feels. My guess is mid-round one to start of round two for a return depending on the circumstances of the first round series. Meaning, if there’s a game 6 facing elimination or game 7 and he’s close enough he will play. If not they’ll try to give him until round 2. Just a guess on my part. Awesome to see and hear an interview with him. What an emotional boost it would be for him to get into playoff action and I’m sure being out there today was uplifting for everyone.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'd be slightly surprised if he's not back for the 1st round. He says the knee feels strong (and the other knee is stronger than ever), he's already skating and there's still two and a half weeks until the playoffs start. Also, it was cut off at the beginning, but it appears that he says he's been working out a lot besides the rehab. He could probably bench a truck now :)

In all honesty, he looks fatter and more out of shape than ever in the shirtless interview picture that the Sharks' Instagram account just posted in their story.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
In all honesty, he looks fatter and more out of shape than ever in the shirtless interview picture that the Sharks' Instagram account just posted in their story.

Definitely agree. He needs time to get back into game shape. Now that he’s been skating for 10 days, has there been any indication on whether he’s going to travel with the team on the next road trip or stay back in SJ?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Let’s give it time. Many of us myself included went from his season/playoffs is toast to optimism when he hit the ice. Things can change quick and only he knows how he feels. My guess is mid-round one to start of round two for a return depending on the circumstances of the first round series. Meaning, if there’s a game 6 facing elimination or game 7 and he’s close enough he will play. If not they’ll try to give him until round 2. Just a guess on my part. Awesome to see and hear an interview with him. What an emotional boost it would be for him to get into playoff action and I’m sure being out there today was uplifting for everyone.

Thornton is my favotite player on the team. Every one knows that. But thornton should not come back for a game 6 or 7 of a series.

Reactions: Phu

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Do you still have the pic? Not finding it on their instagram page, but he doesn't look any worse in the video interview Leb posted.
I wouldn't rush him anyway. Keep it out of the 1st round. Consider putting him in the 2nd if the team is still in it and he's ready.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Do you still have the pic? Not finding it on their instagram page, but he doesn't look any worse in the video interview Leb posted.
I wouldn't rush him anyway. Keep it out of the 1st round. Consider putting him in the 2nd if the team is still in it and he's ready.

v7tyjt.png

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He looks a little more dad bod than in the ESPN nudies but it's probably not too far off his normal mid year physique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad