Value of: JT Miller vaule and price set now that Nazem Kadri has signed with Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Miller has one season in his entire career scoring at a rate Kane has the last 6. If you take Kane from 2018-now he almost has more points in those seasons alone than Millers entire middling career
Only 4 players separate the 2 in scoring since JT became a Canuck. Same goals, same games played. 4 year age gap, and cheaper.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Only 4 players separate the 2 in scoring since JT became a Canuck. Same goals, same games played. 4 year age gap, and cheaper.
Forgot points and assists oh wait they weren’t close there.

You are using 2 abnormal seasons to paint JT Miller as this elite player when for 90% of his career he was a player that struggled to even hit 50 points. For a player much younger Miller has been the worse player in every season he overlapped Kane save for a single fluke season he isn’t hitting 90+ ever again

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Forgot points and assists oh wait they weren’t close there.

You are using 2 abnormal seasons to paint JT Miller as this elite player when for 90% of his career he was a player that struggled to even hit 50 points. For a player much younger Miller has been the worse player in every season he overlapped Kane save for a single fluke season he isn’t hitting 90+ ever again
It's a 'fluke' season, but they're two of them? and omitting a year between? lol K...

There's no reason to think JT won't keep crushing it.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Miller will be traded as a pure rental if Vancouver is out of the playoffs this year, or go to UFA. No one is going to give up major pieces for an extended Miller. This seems clear at this point.

Miller as a pure rental will get similar to what Taylor Hall got, a 1st rounder, a B prospect, maybe a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Miller will be traded as a pure rental if Vancouver is out of the playoffs this year, or go to UFA. No one is going to give up major pieces for an extended Miller. This seems clear at this point.

Miller as a pure rental will get similar to what Taylor Hall got, a 1st rounder, a B prospect, maybe a 3rd rounder.
I think so, too, and I think Washington fits that category, since they have a first-rounder, McMichael, and a third-rounder or equivalent.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
One thing I’m certain of miller will never hit 99 points in a season again.

Most sane Canuck fans know this but won’t acknowledge this for obvious reasons since they want to get the best return possible.

It’s the same reason they won’t even consider that Quinn may bolt for New Jersey to play with his brothers.

You can’t blame them but the NBA has been doing this for years and the NHL players have finally realized they can too

Players are just exercising their right to self-determination
To be honest, that is absolutely true. 99-point season for Miller has been his prime, and he will most likely regress from it.

I would love for Quinn to be united with his brothers, just as the Sedin twins played for us. I wish the best of luck to Quinn in New Jersey, and Miller's departure to a mid-tier team looking to enter the playoffs and win the Cup.
(Of course, don't burn anything down when you lose.)

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
The interesting thing is the Flames being willing to move a 1st just to clear room to give 7 years to a 31 year-old.

The trade doesn't set the market but it flies in the face of the Miller commentary saying teams won't want to give value and pay a big contract for a 29 year old.
Ok cool. We'll give you a first and a cap dump for Miller then. Done?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I blame Tavares for this. I used to be his biggest fan, I even bought his home and away jerseys and spent almost $600 doing it. Now I hate the man with a passion. I hope he never wins another game. And it’s not because he left the islanders, truly it’s not. I could have accepted that, after all who doesn’t want to go home?

What bothers me is how he did it. Going to ownership and begging them not to trade him when they had a deal all worked out, because the team couldn’t afford to lose him for nothing. It turned out he just didn’t want to be traded because it would inconvenience him and his girlfriend aryne.

The man said a giant FU to all the people who supported him for 9 years. And to the islanders staff who catered to his every whim. The man was and is a true bastard. For 9 years, actually more, from the moment he was drafted all he ever talked about was loyalty.

The man could be on fire, and I wouldn’t piss on him……..
I would give a big F to Tavares if that happened to our team. That's an outright betrayal and a low-class move. I hope he doesn't get to play hockey well again. Hope he gets sent to the minors. :D

Reactions: WangMustGo

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
no offense, but the canucks dont have a single player id trade Dobson for.

from whats being said around town he'd like to go back to the Rangers and he'd even take less to go there

I dont see why anyone would trade for Miller unless he signs an extension first.....

the way I look at it hes coming off a career year and Id be absolutely shocked if he comes within 20 points of what he did last year

How much do you want to bet he hits >_79 points? Let's talk some real cash money here.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
In no universe is a 99 pt season and a 70 whatever pt season the same.

One where the season is cut short and he plays less than 70 games because of this. In a full season that is a 85 point season.

One thing I’m certain of miller will never hit 99 points in a season again.

Most sane Canuck fans know this but won’t acknowledge this for obvious reasons since they want to get the best return possible.

It’s the same reason they won’t even consider that Quinn may bolt for New Jersey to play with his brothers.

You can’t blame them but the NBA has been doing this for years and the NHL players have finally realized they can too

Players are just exercising their right to self-determination

I don’t mind it and it wouldn’t matter if I did, I just wish that the individual players were honest about what they are doing instead of lying their way out the door.

Miller has no intention of resigning in Vancouver unless the canucks offer him the biggest contract

I agree Miller will not hit 99 again. This was an outlier season not just for him, but for league scoring across the board. However I do think he will be a pt/game guy for a few more seasons if in the same role he currently is in. So there acknowledged.

I won't consider Quinn leaving mainly because he just signed a pretty long deal last season. Maybe revisit this in 5 years.

I don't think for Miller it is the biggest contract he is looking for. If We offered him the Zib contract I think he would stay, It is just where this team is right now this contract doesn't make sense.

I think certain teams should be in on miller, basically any team that thinks they can win inside the next 3 years should be calling on him. If your timeline is outside of 3 years you shouldn't.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Wait So last TDL Andrew Copp and his career high of 39 points got

a 1st, 2nd, 5th and Barron

but

Jt Miller will only get a 1st, 3rd and B level Prospect?

Trust me, if all it took was a 1st and 3rd and B level prospect for Miller he would have been traded by now.

Canucks would probably rather sign him long term than let him go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad