Waived: Josh Jooris (Claimed by Arizona Coyotes)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Honestly bothers me so much to see our players claimed. Don't like losing depth for nothing.

Have to imagine they shopped him without luck before they waived him. Nothing you can do at that point except hope GM's forget to check the wire for 24 hours :laugh:

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I don't feel that way at all.

Puempel is more useless than Jorris.

Pray tell what Jooris has done in his time here? He's been given ample opportunity and I honestly dont remember him standing out once. At least Puempel had some fire when he first came over here and has more talent.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Put it this way, we traded Josh Jooris for Matt Puempel. It's close but I feel like we won on that.

I am on the we lost the trade side, centers who win FOs and PK are always more useful than an inconsistent nonscoring offensive winger.
Yes agreed Jooris showed not enough in his time w NYR. Puempel has shown zero, with no recent injuries, better linemates and more icetime per game.
Please dont challenge me to say more, this turf been covered excessively already this week. Just a difference of opinion regarding bottom 3 forwards

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Honestly gang, it's not that big of a deal especially if Lindberg continues to improve. Remember with the expansion draft a guy like Jooris's value is probably 1/2 what it is because he's not going to be protected by any team and his NHL experience is quite limited so he doesn't have the bottom six value of a in-prime Paul Gaudstad or Chris Neil.

On the depth chart he's probably around 15-16 at this point.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I am on the we lost the trade side, centers who win FOs and PK are always more useful than an inconsistent nonscoring offensive winger.
Yes agreed Jooris showed not enough in his time w NYR. Puempel has shown zero, with no recent injuries, better linemates and more icetime per game.
Please dont challenge me to say more, this turf been covered excessively already this week. Just a difference of opinion regarding bottom 3 forwards

I challenge you to say more

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Coyotes keep spinning the wheel. I have nothing against Jooris, and hope he succeeds, but whether or not he got a great chance with the Rangers is moot. It didn't work, and it is absolutely fine for him to be gone.
This thread should sink to the murky depths, never again to be seen.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Coyotes keep spinning the wheel. I have nothing against Jooris, and hope he succeeds, but whether or not he got a great chance with the Rangers is moot. It didn't work, and it is absolutely fine for him to be gone.
This thread should sink to the murky depths, never again to be seen.

Nah we'll just continue to beat all of these dead ****ing horses like we always do on this board. You already know that this thread will be bumped multiple times over the course of the season after it falls off the front page.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nah, not really. Lindberg playing to his potential is far better than anything Jooris can offer. If his recovery goes well, he adds much more to this team.

Jooris is faster, his speed is better suited to NYR style. IMHO he is a better grinder to keep the puck 200 feet away from own net. Otherwise both bring the same attributes - bottom 6 versatility and PK.

I don't see why they had to do it now - neither Jensen nor Pompuel impressed me. Not surprised that a Western Conf team that saw more of him in the recent past was the one to put a claim in.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jooris is faster, his speed is better suited to NYR style. IMHO he is a better grinder to keep the puck 200 feet away from own net. Otherwise both bring the same attributes - bottom 6 versatility and PK.

I don't see why they had to do it now - neither Jensen nor Pompuel impressed me. Not surprised that a Western Conf team that saw more of him in the recent past was the one to put a claim in.

He's a touch faster. Yet he does nothing with it. And, frankly, he really hasn't played faster than Lindberg despite being a touch better skater. And that's even with Lindberg's injury. I don't know if it's an effort thing or what, but he's hardly been an excellent skater for us. Frankly, Jooris played a bit like a slower Carl Hagelin without Hagelin's timely scoring or PK ability. Basically completely useless.

Lindberg has much nicer offensive capabilities. It's not really all that close, either. He definitely brings more. Jooris is a touch better skater and more physical, but Lindberg is better at just about every single other aspect of the game.

That same Western Conference team could've signed him at any time this offseason. It's not as if we signed him on July 1 as a priority UFA.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's a touch faster. Yet he does nothing with it. And, frankly, he really hasn't played faster than Lindberg despite being a touch better skater. And that's even with Lindberg's injury. I don't know if it's an effort thing or what, but he's hardly been an excellent skater for us. Frankly, Jooris played a bit like a slower Carl Hagelin without Hagelin's timely scoring or PK ability. Basically completely useless.

Lindberg has much nicer offensive capabilities. It's not really all that close, either. He definitely brings more. Jooris is a touch better skater and more physical, but Lindberg is better at just about every single other aspect of the game.

That same Western Conference team could've signed him at any time this offseason. It's not as if we signed him on July 1 as a priority UFA.

Agree to disagree.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pray tell what Jooris has done in his time here? He's been given ample opportunity and I honestly dont remember him standing out once. At least Puempel had some fire when he first came over here and has more talent.

Ample opportunity ???

He's played a total of 12 games (more like 10 since he was injured early in 2 games) and those games both came off of an injury. Yea, he was given "ample time" alright.

Puempel played well his first game, on an adrenaline rush on being on a new team, and that was it with him, but apparently that's all it took for you to know he is much better than Jooris. Okay.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ample time???

He's played a total of 12 games (more like 10 since he was injured early in 2 games) and those games both came off of an injury. Yea, he was given "ample time" alright.

I'm guessing he hasn't shown anything in practice, either. How much time do we give a 4th liner who is easily replaceable?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Bottom line is this guy is forward #14 or #15 on the depth chart. "Time" or not, he was going to go through waivers anyway as soon as Buch/Nash/Pumps are healthy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Bottom line is this guy is forward #14 or #15 on the depth chart. "Time" or not, he was going to go through waivers anyway as soon as Buch/Nash/Pumps are healthy.

For sure. He simply did nothing to distinguish himself. And a guy in that role has to. He has to have something that will keep him in the lineup. He did not.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I liked Jooris and he was an ok option, I don't think he ever got going with injuries and ever changing line mates, but I much prefer last years Lindberg to take over 4th line C over for Jooris or Pirri. Two weeks ago Lindberg did not look like an NHL player, he might finally be getting his game back. Jooris could've also helped Hartford, was hoping he, Puempel and Jensen would go down to help that team out. They need scoring bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad