Waived: Josh Jooris (Claimed by Arizona Coyotes)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Since he's guaranteed $400k while playing in Hartford, I don't see him too eager to go to Europe. Still a possibility though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know some people liked him when we brought him in, but I never saw anything about him worth keeping on an NHL roster. Injuries, I know, but still.

Hopefully Hrivik sticks.

Completely agree. I wasn't sure why we even brought him in, given what he showed.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I liked Jooris. One of the few players on this team who takes the body and is strong on the puck. Thought he showed enough to stay, but whatev, not a big loss

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lindberg seems to have gotten his game together and was arguably the Rangers best forward last night. Hrivik has looked good as well.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Lindberg seems to have gotten his game together and was arguably the Rangers best forward last night. Hrivik has looked good as well.

Lindberg looks WAY better. I do wish that we had just IR'd him, though. It was silly not to. IR him and let him rehab a bit more. I think he came along too slowly because he still wasn't 100%.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not surprised, after watching him play, he really belongs nowhere near our lineup when healthy.

Not a fan of him but would prefer Lindberg as the 13thF anyway.

CK-ZBjad-PB
vEasy-Step-Nash
Miller-Hayes-Zucc/Grabs
Grabs/Zucc-Pirri-Fast

Clendenning next pls. So I don't have to hear about him not playing every game. Give up a forward and go get someone who can actually help you on the backend.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Jooris wasn't a horrible signing, but he never was going to be anything more than totally superfluous. We have three top forwards out, and he is still struggling to distinguish himself from Lindberg, Fast, Puempel, Hrivik, Jensen, all of whom have greater upside. He will probably get claimed, and we will be better off giving those minutes to Hrivik/Jensen.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I liked Jooris. One of the few players on this team who takes the body and is strong on the puck. Thought he showed enough to stay, but whatev, not a big loss

i like the guy, too, but he didn't show enough
i credit Hrivik and Jensen's jump and readiness to having played top 5 F minutes w HWP
If Jooris goes down, he should get those minutes
and if we need him later. be more ready

Jooris had the injury in camp, then the injury after a couple games,
never found a rhythm, and was only getting few minutes when he did dress
The best way to possibly get his game where NYR need it to be will be some weeks in AHL
Injuries or trades may lead to another opportunity w NYR

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Injuries. Getting to yoyod in and out of the line up with make any marginal player look worse.

Not the end of the world, but I believe him to be better than what he showed. I think he's better than Hrivik who's been playing every day without any stops and starts.

Not impressed with Hrivik at all.

Again. 4th liners all of them so it's no big deal.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Jooris has come back with a verdict. Waived. I thought he would be more like a waterbug type of player, i just didnt see anything special about him. Maybe the injuries held him back,

Your puns are getting worse by the day.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If he clears us he taking off like gerbe?

Not necssarily--the Rangers would have to agree to void his contract and then Jooris would have to go through "unconditional" waivers before his contract was voided (this is all assuming Jooris wants out of his contract in the first place).

Don't really see why the Rangers would agree either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wouldn't have waived him.

Lindberg played one good game and will surely go back to not being able to enter the offensive zone soon.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Liked what Jooris showed before his shoulder injury. Could play all forward spots, PKed and had speed to keep up with the up-tempo style on both sides of the puck while bringing some physical element. Hopefully he stays and gets another chance.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think the organization is happy with Lindberg's play recently and Hrivik has shown good grinding skills. Jooris had has moments. Wasn't as physical as I thought he'd be and he wasn't quite in the Blair Betts mold. Maybe it means Buch is coming back soon. They need him.

AV never really loved the guy either. This might be a case of the organization knows something that we can't see like his shoulder is bad or he's showing signs of breaking down. Often times that'll happen with a player and we the fans don't get to see it.

Should have enough depth up front for the second half but if they need a grinder, they can probably find one cheap for like a mid-round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad