Waived: Josh Jooris (Claimed by Arizona Coyotes)

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
According to AV, Nash will try skating tomorrow and is getting closer to coming back.

AV also mentioned that Gorton wanted flexiblity--sounds like they wanted to get rid of a salary, so they could bank the cap space for later/the trade deadline.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I remember a few of us (myself included) being bummed because we lost Halpern.

What a terrible rotation of a 4th line we had that year.

The complete revamp of our 4th line in the last few months has been ridiculous. We replaced Glass and Moore with guys like Jooris Pirri, Hrivik, Jensen, Nieves, Puempel. And they can battle it out to see who stays

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Post ran a bizarrely titled Brett Cyrgalis article implying that losing Jooris through waivers cost the Rangers "big time". The article itself, after the lede, took on a totally different tone.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
The Post ran a bizarrely titled Brett Cyrgalis article implying that losing Jooris through waivers cost the Rangers "big time". The article itself, after the lede, took on a totally different tone.

I try to avoid the clickbait crap that Brooks and Cyrgalis write for The Post. The more people that give them attention the more they're likely to spew more garbage

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Headlines are often times written by someone other than the writer.

As for the article itself....it would have better if they had been clearer about what kind of "flexibility" the organization was trying to create--namely cap flexibility.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I try to avoid the clickbait crap that Brooks and Cyrgalis write for The Post. The more people that give them attention the more they're likely to spew more garbage

They are still ********** over the fact that Boyle kicked them out of the locker room haha

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Wouldn't have been an issue if they had an ounce of professionalism, they were given their just desserts

Stepan yelled at Brooks, Torts several times called him out in front of the cameras, Boyle kicked him out of the locker room. Maybe he should just find another line of work

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I was fine with Jooris, the idea of flexibility, could be just code for they are renting.

Yet if Vesey hits some of the attainable bonuses perhaps they use this cap space to pay for them. 20 goals?, rookie all star?, is currently 5th and 6th in time on ice for forwards, per game and aggregate respectively?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

the writers do not write the headlines

early online versions (early monday morning, i read it before work) of Brooks article
"Why Henrik Lundqvist will reclaim his Rangers throne"
actually spelled the last word "Thrown" in the headline (but not in article)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad