Waived: Josh Jooris (Claimed by Arizona Coyotes)

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How serious is Puempel's concussion?

I keep reasoning with this move with "well, you know, Puempel's played well on the 4th line and that probably factored in" and then I remember there is no Puempel. For now anyway.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I keep reasoning with this move with "well, you know, Puempel's played well on the 4th line and that probably factored in" and then I remember there is no Puempel. For now anyway.

I don't think we've really gotten more information than "He has a concussion and he's on IR"

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'm guessing he hasn't shown anything in practice, either. How much time do we give a 4th liner who is easily replaceable?

I'm not really upset, like you said, he is easily replaceable, but I would have rather just held onto him for the depth, especially right now with all the injuries and do this he has more value than Puempel. Either way, not losing sleep over this one haha.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'm not really upset, like you said, he is easily replaceable, but I would have rather just held onto him for the depth, especially right now with all the injuries and do this he has more value than Puempel. Either way, not losing sleep over this one haha.

No way really to "hang on to him" unless he's up with the big club for the rest of the year. Buch, Nash, and Pumps are coming back sooner, sooner, and later. He'd have to go through waivers at some point with everyone healthy.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

I don't see this move as having anything to do with Puempel. The key is Lindberg is playing well now, he's moving freely and contributing. And Hrivik is playing well enough to hold down a spot until one or more of the players currently injured come back.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't see this move as having anything to do with Puempel. The key is Lindberg is playing well now, he's moving freely and contributing. And Hrivik is playing well enough to hold down a spot until one or more of the players currently injured come back.

Lindberg has had literally one good game.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Pavel Buchnevich
Jesper Fast
Michael Grabner
Kevin Hayes
Chris Kreider
J.T. Miller
Rick Nash
Brandon Pirri
Matt Puempel
Derek Stepan
Jimmy Vesey
Mika Zibanejad
Mats Zuccarello

^ Better than Jooris (13)

Oscar Lindberg
Marek Hrivik

^ = Jooris (2)

Jensen

^ Worse than Jooris (?) (1)

(Something's gotta give)

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

Ugh Puempel is useless an F as we've dressed in years. At least Paille, Stoll, Staal and Jooris could PK
Hes gotta be waived as soon as healthy. Hrivik and Jensen have better hockey sense and desire.
And that bashing his prior coach shows lack of focus and maturity

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pavel Buchnevich
Jesper Fast
Michael Grabner
Kevin Hayes
Chris Kreider
J.T. Miller
Rick Nash
Brandon Pirri
Matt Puempel
Derek Stepan
Jimmy Vesey
Mika Zibanejad
Mats Zuccarello

^ Better than Jooris (13)

Oscar Lindberg
Marek Hrivik

^ = Jooris (2)

Jensen

^ Worse than Jooris (?) (1)

(Something's gotta give)

It sucks to lose the asset, especially one with such a tailor made NHL role. But he didn't show up every shift, and needs to do that in order to play everyday.

Could be a guy that goes onto an excellent career in Switzerland.

I think the Rangers also sent a message about effort by keeping both Jensen and Hrivik over him. That sends a message.

Sends a message to all of the guys that have coasted at various points in the season.

Pirri, Puempel, Zibbs. Jooris was more proven as an NHLer than the some current Rangers.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ugh Puempel is useless an F as we've dressed in years. At least Paille, Stoll, Staal and Jooris could PK
Hes gotta be waived as soon as healthy. Hrivik and Jensen have better hockey sense and desire.
And that bashing his prior coach shows lack of focus and maturity

Paille and Stoll at the point they were here couldn't PK worth a damn.

I won't even glorify "desire" with a response.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's two types of 4th liners

1)Those who are chasing the game

2)Those who are keeping up with the game, but they're poor offensively so nothing happens.

People still prefer #1 because they look busy, even though I'd rather have an entire line of #2.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
He was signed to help PK and to fill spot till Lind. comes back.

To be honest his best game was his last game. He laid a bunch of hits and really played aggressive.

I don't understand why wave him now when we have all these injuries ... i could understand when they need the spot etc.. but if we lose another Center to injury we are screwed

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Both Lindberg and Hrivik play center. Miller can play center. Nieves is probably a wing long term but he can play center.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Both Lindberg and Hrivik play center. Miller can play center. Nieves is probably a wing long term but he can play center.

All terrible options ... Lindberg is already playing center so that leaves Miller ... and he is terrible at Center

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All terrible options ... Lindberg is already playing center so that leaves Miller ... and he is terrible at Center

Well Jooris did nothing and is a 4C. So we're screwed if Hrivik or Nieves has to play 4C for us? Because if Jooris had to play 3C for any substantial period of time we'd also be in trouble.

Jooris was a nothing player who played like a nothing player. We have in-house options to replace him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well Jooris did nothing and is a 4C. So we're screwed if Hrivik or Nieves has to play 4C for us? Because if Jooris had to play 3C for any substantial period of time we'd also be in trouble.

Lindberg, Pirri, Hrivik, Nieves... 4 perfectly fin options to center our 4th line

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindberg, Pirri, Hrivik, Nieves... 4 perfectly fin options to center our 4th line

Exactly. If there came a point where we were relying on Josh freaking Jooris to play a big role, we would be in deep trouble. As a 4C? No one will remember him in a couple months.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
honestly..imho Jooris played 1 good game...the game right before he got waived. kinda weird. but either way, its fine.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
honestly..imho Jooris played 1 good game...the game right before he got waived. kinda weird. but either way, its fine.

Could we have used Jooris? Sure.

Same goes for Halpern and Stoll, the last 2 players we lost through waivers. But it's not like it will affect our season

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Could we have used Jooris? Sure.

Same goes for Halpern and Stoll, the last 2 players we lost through waivers. But it's not like it will affect our season

I remember a few of us (myself included) being bummed because we lost Halpern.

What a terrible rotation of a 4th line we had that year.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
As I predicted, the amazing depth in preseason disappeared. Gerbe left, Joo dumped, Lindberg mostly struggled. A team is wise to sign a lot of bottom feeders not because they need redundant parts, but because some will surprise and others will disappoint. When we signed The Three Stoogies, the hope was that someone will do better than expected and true to form, we got Hunwick to do real well. This year we got Grab, Joo and Gerbe up front, and again 1 surprised nice, while two others disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->