Josh Bailey is 5th in Scoring... (Up to 2nd as of 12/30)

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The only players with more points than Josh Bailey this season:
Kucherov (44)
Stamkos (43)
McDavid (39)
Gaudreau (39)

Bailey (38) is tied with Koiptar, Voracek, and Wheeler.

To say this came out of nowhere would be an understatement. This season is already his 3rd highest scoring season ... AND WE'RE ONLY 32 GAMES IN! He's pacing for 93 points right now, which would be higher than even any two-year stretch of his career thus far. Great timing too, due for a new contract this off-season. Is this the new Josh Bailey or is he due to regress to his career averages?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I remember laughing hysterically when the leafs were able to trade for the next Scott Stevens and the isles traded down (twice?) to take Bailey.

I also remember an isles fan swearing up and down that not only would bailey be better than schenn, but hamonic was actually better than schenn.

You win this round, random isles fan.

And good for Bailey and the isles.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Nick Foligno finished top 10 in scoring, as did Hudler

btw not saying Justin Bailey is in the same league as Hudler, no disrespect to Jiri

Reactions: macleod50

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
cautiously optimistic on Bailey, alot of guys are playing with an extra fire in their contract year, and playing with Tavares, well we have seen how guys like Moulson and Okpsoso have done without Tavares

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
cautiously optimistic on Bailey, alot of guys are playing with an extra fire in their contract year, and playing with Tavares, well we have seen how guys like Moulson and Okpsoso have done without Tavares

Except Bailey is still effective without the puck. Moulson and Okposo were awful in their own end.

By no means am I saying that he'd be producing at the same rate, but Bailey is still an effective player, no matter how much Islanders fans have shit on him over the years. It's nice to see that he's been producing offense consistently - something we haven't seen from him until this season.

I think it's a reasonable expectation going forward - if Josh re-signs - to view Josh as a 50-65 point player WITH TAVARES. I don't think this season is an aberration.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Wasn't Bailey considered a capdump like 1-2 seasons ago?

Scoring is way up in the league, so yeah... there's that. Contract year and Tavares and Lee surely helps..

I doubt he'll even reach 70 points. 50-65 point player tops in his prime IMHO.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tavares is the most underrated superstar in the league which is odd because he used to be a bit overrated years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad