HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
I wonder if isles gonna try to move Sorokin as Varly is under contract for 3 more years. problem is he has a nmc so theyd have to get him to lift it
Varlamov is 35 years old. Though if one can be a GM at 81 maybe Varlamov can be goalie 3 more years.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
As some one who suffered from migraines most of my life I have to sympathize. Migraines suck donkey balls.
So Free Willy was sucking on a donkeys balls?

1714100138303.gif

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
he's going to want to much term and money, no thanks.
Money sure, he's not coming here at 5M per season, he's still a star but term might not be a problem, he's probably looking for a 2-3 years deal contract.

I would do 9M for 2-3 years, he's one of the best goal scorer in the NHL and would be a great leader for our young players.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovski
Stamkos-Dach-Newhook(until Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla join the team next season)
Roy-Dvorak-Armia
Carrier-Evans-Gallagher/Anderson

Also Stamkos can play center if Dach is back on the injury reserve.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not only will he not be coming to MTL, they won't even try to sign him. Doesn't make sense for either player or org.
Makes a bit of sense for the org. He's a leader who's won and could offer some help, plus would sell jersey and tickets even if he is nearing he end of his career.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah let's sign a 34 year old to a longterm deal while in the middle of a rebuild...makes sense right?😅
As Arpon Basu said HuGo will be very aggressive this summer, the rebuild in terms of draft picks accumulation is done, now it’s further NHL development of young rostered players & those in the pipeline phase, and they will try to help push that development along w high end NHL talent infusion if they’re able to acquire

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As Arpon Basu said HuGo will be very aggressive this summer, the rebuild in terms of draft picks accumulation is done, now it’s further NHL development of young rostered players & those in the pipeline phase, and they will try to help push that development along w high end NHL talent infusion if they’re able to acquire
It makes sense but I doubt they pursue 34 year old players.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He wants to win, and he knows Big Dick Nick is about to torch this league
We might be a playoff team… maybe. Why would he come here? Our D is the greenest in the league and might be even greener next year.

Also, why would we want an older player now? He’d eat into the ice time of our developing players.

Dont want him and he doesn’t want us.

Reactions: Habano

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You don't think he would want at least a 3 year deal?
I guess he's probably going to look for a 5+ year contract but if Hugues can get him for 2-3 years I would do this without hesitation unless he have a better option to upgrade our top6 for next season.

I know many don't like the fact that he's 34 yo but look how many points he manage to get while playing on the 2nd line in TB in the last 3 years. He could be MTL best offensive player for the next 2 seasons. Anyone manage to watch Tampa against the Panthers so far? IMO he look way more dangerous than Points and Kucherov so far.

MTL have been at the bottom of the league for the last what 15-20 years for goal scored? Is there any chance that this team could add some scoring elements before I died?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
You don't think he would want at least a 3 year deal?
and the 3 yr deal can be a problem- Look at the Leafs and Marleau. Not against using Free agency but at the right time and on the right player. I would prefer either a trade for a younger established player or a younger free agent. Not much interesting in this years free agent crop other than reinhart who if he ever went UFA would have lots of offers. 2025 crop looking better now but most will resign with their team before then (marner, Draisatel, Rantannen, Ehlers, konecny, bennet, verhage.

For me, the older UFA on a short term deal you sign when you are already a contender as a final piece to be a cup contender. maybe summer 2025. That Crosby guy might want to play for his favorite team as a kid. I hear he wants 8.7M or maybe 870K nothing in between

Reactions: Tyson

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not crazy about Necas since he is pretty soft. If his playoff performances had been better I would feel more comfortable giving up the required assets for him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad