Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
So how long till they give Mathieu Garon a call back?

He has signed with the Avanguard of Omsk, Siberia, in the KHL, for the remainder of the season. He is labelled as their "saviour"...

For having seen him play a couple of times in the QMJHL, I thought we had a very interesting prospect in Christopher Gibson but he has been dealt to the Maple Leafs...

So what about Christobal Huet, seems like he is doing a comeback in Switzerland? :help:

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I'm being wishful but him still getting up afterwards and trying to stay in doesn't lead to a tear in my mind, maaaybe a minor one but I would say strain, if it's groin.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Crap, just got to my hotel room and saw this and that Greene is on LTIR. Ugh!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Quote:
Lombardi was not sure if the injury was to Quick’s groin. Of course, everything is speculation until the test results come back.

“We’re not going to know until the MRI,” Lombardi said. “Obviously, it didn’t look good. The trainers told me walking out [last night] it was not good. They don’t know until they get in there and find out what it is ... nobody knows.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285#axzz2kZ9ZMxv2

What I got from that : "if the guys had done their jobs and beaten this bottom feeding team, instead of letting them hang around and force overtime, and then scored on the OT powerplay right before the injury, we wouldn't be having this conversation!"

...slams phone down. /sarcasm

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
What I got from that : "if the guys had done their jobs and beaten this bottom feeding team, instead of letting them hang around and force overtime, and then scored on the OT powerplay right before the injury, we wouldn't be having this conversation!"

...slams phone down. /sarcasm

Unfortunately that could've happened at any time since that game was so slow for him. He had like ten shots and ice and cold tightens up the muscles already. Truthfully, if we hadn't scored then there would've been no overtime so is that better? I hate to lose a point but I'd do it if it meant Quick isn't injured long term.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Quick expected to likely be out for "more then a couple of weeks" as of 3:30pm pst.

*headdesk*

We're really starting to run up a tab...Quick, Greene, Carter, Stoll, Clifford...glad we have the kids to step in, but any more injuries puts us at like critical mass.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Unfortunately that could've happened at any time since that game was so slow for him. He had like ten shots and ice and cold tightens up the muscles already. Truthfully, if we hadn't scored then there would've been no overtime so is that better? I hate to lose a point but I'd do it if it meant Quick isn't injured long term.

I hate to admit this but I really wish Moulson had tapped that goal in and won it regulation. Losing Quick hurts more than losing like that to Buffalo.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
*headdesk*

We're really starting to run up a tab...Quick, Greene, Carter, Stoll, Clifford...glad we have the kids to step in, but any more injuries puts us at like critical mass.

“We’ve got a nice little gong show going right now,†Lombardi said.

I can totally picture him saying this.

KingKopitar11*

Did you seriously list goligoski as an option to replace our defensive defenseman. A guy known for not playing defense lol

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Before anything gets done, you wait and see what the situation is with Quick. Then you see what you've got in net without Quick. Then depending on how the first two things go, you figure out if you have to go out and get someone else.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Scrivens is more than capable of backing up the Kings. Dean should try to do another Regehr type deal. Just to have another vet back there.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So many Kings regulars dropping like flies reminding me of the 98-99 Kings who suffered through a rash of injuries and missed the playoffs by 9 points. That year, the Kings lost both of their top two goalies, Fiset and Storr, to groin injuries, they lost their top defenseman in Rob Blake, and also lost two of their top three forwards (Stumpel and Murray) to injuries.

Thus far they've already lost Quick, Carter, Greene, Stoll and Clifford to injuries, and the season is still young and we also have an Olympic break coming in February, which could be a blessing or a curse, depending on what happens to Kings' players who do participate in the Olympics.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
So many Kings regulars dropping like flies reminding me of the 98-99 Kings who suffered through a rash of injuries and missed the playoffs by 9 points. That year, the Kings lost both of their top two goalies, Fiset and Storr, to groin injuries, they lost their top defenseman in Rob Blake, and also lost two of their top three forwards (Stumpel and Murray) to injuries.

Thus far they've already lost Quick, Carter, Greene, Stoll and Clifford to injuries, and the season is still young and we also have an Olympic break coming in February, which could be a blessing or a curse, depending on what happens to Kings' players who do participate in the Olympics.

I was thinking about this today too. The difference is we have better depth in the minors. We won't be seeing the Vopat brothers being called up this time.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Quick expected to likely be out for "more then a couple of weeks" as of 3:30pm pst.

TG you made a grown man cry. Shame on you.

Well lets hope the forwards and defence push a bit harder for Scrivens and gives the guy some needed offence.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I was thinking about this today too. The difference is we have better depth in the minors. We won't be seeing the Vopat brothers being called up this time.

I forgot to include the loss of Doug Bodger thanks to Dallas Drake (that cheap dirty *******). Back then, Pavel Rosa was what Toffoli is to Kings fans today, the one hope that this team would develop a highly skilled, scoring winger. Man, I remember being so excited when they added Donald Audette for just a 2nd round pick that year as well. Sadly, the Kings this year appear to be in a similar position where they may have to start looking outside of the organization to fill some holes. Is there another Dave Babych out there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad