Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
For what it's worth....

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 2h
From source. Quick's injury last night is a VERY big concern. Another just now.said "could be roadmap changing." Hopefully not as serious

Exactly. Nothing. His source is probably the Ducks' janitor.

bigG

Jan 18, 2010
Jim Fox ‏@JimFox19

@LAKings Darryl Sutter says groin/hamstring muscle issue w/ Quick-Back home to see Kings doctors-would not have played rest of trip

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jim Fox ‏@JimFox19

@LAKings Darryl Sutter says groin/hamstring muscle issue w/ Quick-Back home to see Kings doctors-would not have played rest of trip

Glad it's not something major, but that's still bad news for a guy that relies heavily on explosive pushes from side-to-side :/

Hope he gets more than adequate recovery time. The last thing we need is to rush him back. If it becomes a nagging issue...well...we're in trouble.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Glad it's not something major, but that's still bad news for a guy that relies heavily on explosive pushes from side-to-side :/

Hope he gets more than adequate recovery time. The last thing we need is to rush him back. If it becomes a nagging issue...well...we're in trouble.

For a goalie, that seems pretty major.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The only thing that will come out is the dreaded "lower body injury" If he gets placed on IR, well then we will know its serious.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Better than a hip flexor, IMO.

I blame the Sabres. If they weren't so crappy and put up more shots, Quick would have been more stretched out.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Jim Fox ‏@JimFox19

Pretty much as expected. He's had the same kind of injury a couple of times before. I guess it's pretty common for a goaltender.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
For a goalie, that seems pretty major.

It's really not that bad. Realign the scar tissue, stretch out the hamstring/groin, strengthen the quads and in 2 weeks he should be good to go again.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That's a typical injury for a Goalie. Quick will miss a few weeks if it's not a serious tear/Strain.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
obviously hoping for a speedy recovery. on the plus side, the martin jones callup means that my randy jones jersey is relevant again.:sarcasm:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Lombardi was not sure if the injury was to Quick’s groin. Of course, everything is speculation until the test results come back.

“We’re not going to know until the MRI,†Lombardi said. “Obviously, it didn’t look good. The trainers told me walking out [last night] it was not good. They don’t know until they get in there and find out what it is ... nobody knows.â€

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53285#axzz2kZ9ZMxv2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad