Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin just can't have this offseason come fast enough. He needs to regroup, and reestablish himself as a winger. He's still making 1 or 2 plays a game which have you go WOW, but that's not enough. Skill is still there though.
He has plenty of WOW moments.
-WOW I can't believe we traded a future Norris candidate for this guy
-WOW he is so bad defensively
-WOW he does nothing offensively
-WOW he turns the puck over a lot
-WOW he has regressed immensely as a young player
-WOW he is the laziest player on the ice every single game

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

You’re providing lots to like tonight. This is a perfect scouting report on him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So how would he know Alzner immediately as well?

I don't know. Maybe he watched an interview of him the day before..? Lol.
Maybe it was the same for Hemsky.
Maybe you can email the kid? :p

All I know is growing up playing the NHL games for years I knew almost every players' faces and names. They use the same official photos for the in-game profiles.
So I'm gonna go with that. Lol.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Growing up playing the NHL games for years I knew almost every players' faces and names. They use the same official photos for the in-game profiles.
So I'm gonna go with that. Lol.
Or it was someone the Habs media paid so that he will make it seem like those guys are important and underestimate Drouin.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Our parents and grand parent used them for their bicycle wheels. Some of them worth ten of thousands of dollars. They only cared for the gum in the pack.
I never had that on my bike...I did have the little balls you put on the wheels that made sound though, which I wasn't really happy about because it made my golden black BMX lose all its street cred.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Lightning fan coming in peace. The switch to center definitely stunted his growth as an NHL player, but the thing nobody’s been talking about that I think really hurt him was all the weight he put on trying to bulk up for the position. From what I’ve seen he’s lost a good deal of his speed and that has hurt him far more than the added weight has helped him. Keep him at the wing and get him back down to his previous size and I think you’ll be much happier with the results...if you can get him to give consistent effort that is. He has all the tools to be a great player but whether he achieves it or just remains a maddeningly frustrating example of wasted talent all depends on his attitude.

Anyway, while as a Lightning fan I can’t wish you guys luck with a straight face, as a fan of hockey part of me hopes he becomes the player he’s capable of being. When he wants to he can absolutely take over a game and do things with the puck that very few players can do. It’d be nice to see that more often (as long as it isn’t against my team of course.)

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015

And that's the Drouin enigma. He's been like that since junior. I've neen at games where home fans were yelling at him that he wasn't even trying and he'd finish the night with 4 points.

I still say, put him him a legitimate top 2 centre and he'll put up points and make you very happy.

But keep him as a centre and expect him to drive the offense himself and we'll see more lists like the above.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Beautiful post. Look how he crossed the line last night with the official that ended up costing his team a pp goal, can you imagine the beat down if chucky or another former player that I will leave unnamed did that? He is Xavier LaFlamme and what you see from him is what you get. Tampa is laughing every day because they managed to swindle Bergevin into taking him off their hands.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
And that's the Drouin enigma. He's been like that since junior. I've neen at games where home fans were yelling at him that he wasn't even trying and he'd finish the night with 4 points.

I still say, put him him a legitimate top 2 centre and he'll put up points and make you very happy.

But keep him as a centre and expect him to drive the offense himself and we'll see more lists like the above.

We should get Mackinnon for him to help him look like a superstar.:sarcasm: He has 35 goals in over 200 NHL games and has only produced more points than two players drafted in the top 10 of the 2013 draft. He may still turn things around and I hope he does because he is getting 5.5 million a year and is on pace for 10 goals with preferential treatment this season. I would have kept Radulov and Sergachev every day of the week and twice on Sunday over this guy and the team would be much better off right now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Half a season in, and I am so disappointed in JD............................and last night, he was awful. Another coup for MB to deal with...............brutal, absolutely brutal.

He has been given WAY too much rope at centre...egos aside, JD should be on the wing, and Chucky should be back in the middle!!!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Drouin just can't have this offseason come fast enough. He needs to regroup, and reestablish himself as a winger. He's still making 1 or 2 plays a game which have you go WOW, but that's not enough. Skill is still there though.
1 or 2? I see at least a dozen every game. I'm constantly screaming Drouin, WOW, you're terrible. Worse than I thought.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
But the Athletic had an amazing, Red Fisher-esque article about his 2 important faceoff wins and how Julien challenged this star player and he responded! It only took 41 games for him, and only after the playoffs seem out of reach barring a miracle, but clearly the tide is turning!

Baby steps Habs fans, 3-4 more years and they could be making the playoffs with Drouin leading the way.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
but the thing nobody’s been talking about that I think really hurt him was all the weight he put on trying to bulk up for the position. From what I’ve seen he’s lost a good deal of his speed and that has hurt him far more than the added weight has helped him.

Yeah, that's starting to be pretty noticeable. Added weight mentally and physically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad