Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin has below Desharnais level defense. He can backcheck effectively because of his speed. That's it.

Belittle Galchenyuk all you like. The truth is he's been superior to Drouin in every facet of the game. I doubt the trade will ever come close to being even.

Several times in just the last little while he’s wowed me with his effort and delivery on backchecks. And also with his ability to tie players up in front of the net. He saved a couple goals last night. It’s unfortunate this organization refuses to give him a chance. What he needs is the same chance Drouin got where you just keep putting him a C and let him sink or swim. The double standard between Drouin and Galchenyuk is obvious and it’s really disappointing to see that’s how we’re going to run things.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
During a year, in the Challenge Hockey RDS EA Sports he has been one of the best players there. It was in this event that the GM and him fall in love.

Following his arrival here. There was a video of him for the YouTube channel of the club. At the Vieux Port, he estimated between 40-50 goals for the upcoming season. For sure, it's with this fantasy NHL video games that he'll be able to achieve his goals.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The hype was real this summer and he completely failed to deliver.

Another trade where we got robbed.

To be fair, these are random casual fans. No one who actually knew much of anything about Drouin would expect that.
Heck, They couldn't even recognize him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
To be fair, these are random casual fans. No one who actually knew much of anything about Drouin would expect that.
Heck, They couldn't even recognize him.
I have no f***ing clue how that kid in the LA hat immediately recognized that it was Hemsky, but had to really think about the Drouin one.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I have no ****ing clue how that kid in the LA hat immediately recognized that it was Hemsky, but had to really think about the Drouin one.
Well, Hemsky played in Dallas and Edmonton, so if that kid watched a lot of western hockey as an LA fan, I can see that.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I have no ****ing clue how that kid in the LA hat immediately recognized that it was Hemsky, but had to really think about the Drouin one.
As a kid i collected hockey cards. I knew players height, weight, penalty minutes and such. If that kid is like many young huge hockey fans and collects hockey cards, he might know the players face around the league a little more than your average fan.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As a kid i collected hockey cards. I knew players height, weight, penalty minutes and such. If that kid is like many young huge hockey fans and collects hockey cards, he might know the players face around the league a little more than your average fan.
Those still exist? Cards were in because there was no internet. Now you google the name, have millions of pics and the player's history since his freaking midget days.

Asking Proset or Upperdeck or Parkhurst was the shit back then. Getting 4-5 boxes for Christmas could not make me happier.

I have a Mario Lemieux card from Titan de Laval.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Drouin just can't have this offseason come fast enough. He needs to regroup, and reestablish himself as a winger. He's still making 1 or 2 plays a game which have you go WOW, but that's not enough. Skill is still there though.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Those still exist? Cards were in because there was no internet. Now you google the name, have millions of pics and the player's history since his freaking midget days.

Asking Proset or Upperdeck or Parkhurst was the **** back then. Getting 4-5 boxes for Christmas could not make me happier.
They are still there as well as the stickers books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad