Johnny Gaudreau

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Gotta love the idea that people still have, where they think people actually believe they will field a team with their own picks. With the lack of crystal balls it is all we have to work with.

No doubt. People have the same expectations/delusions when it comes to the Isles and building that team around their high-end picks, and you know what? Okposo (2006), Bailey, Hamonic, Martin (2008), Tavares, de Haan, Cizikas, Lee (2009), Nelson (2010) and Strome (2011). Almost half their regular roster is comprised of high-end draft picks from the last 8 years. Factor in projections for Reinhart (2012), Pulock (2013), Dal Colle and Ho-Sang (2014), and it's easy to see why fans of teams who end up drafting well for stretches become optimistic for how the potential on paper might translate into reality.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
A nice interview with Fleury talking about Johnny, it is a unique perspective and great praise from one of the Flames all time greats:

Link: Calgary Herald - Johnson: Flames legend Fleury enjoying Gaudreau show

He added an nice piece of the puzzle that re-framed something I'm surprised didn't stick out as obviously to me before, where Theo described how Johnny's size is an advantage for the way he plays - that slippery style would be harder if he were bigger and when mixed with a high Hockey IQ he is a unique form of dangerous on the ice.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So, has Johnny exceeded above, dropped below, or is he where he should be, in terms of your expectations?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014

Thought it was cool how the Great One is aware of the impact Johnny's making in the NHL so far. I thought he was off to a slow start against the Panthers in the 1st period but since the 2nd he came out flying.

Don't know why the link's not working but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Iq2N68iKI

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad