Johnny Gaudreau

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just want to bring this up again, because I don't normally fawn over a player but I feel as if I must.

That game he had against Montreal was fantastical. Starting plays, keeping plays alive, jumping over guys at the blueline, almost scoring on a crafty shootout move, he's just getting better each game.

The only thing your post is missing is a biblical quote.

I agree, he was fantastic. I've thought this kid has been special for some time. The reason, he has what you can't teach, and he's a winner. That's is a formula for a star.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The only thing your post is missing is a biblical quote.

I agree, he was fantastic. I've thought this kid has been special for some time. The reason, he has what you can't teach, and he's a winner. That's is a formula for a star.

I would also add that he finds ways to make himself successful. He has so many tricks in his bag, it really helps that he has a high hockey IQ.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's definitely looking more and more like a comfortable NHLer with star power.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 60 points or more in a season or two.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Bennett together on a line, they are both slick as hell.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He's definitely looking more and more like a comfortable NHLer with star power.

I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 60 points or more in a season or two.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Bennett together on a line, they are both slick as hell.

Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland/Poirier

:nod:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It'd be pretty great to get a top end RWer on this line as well. One reason why I would love to get Sprong (assuming we finish 8-10th in drafting).

TBH, if we do end up getting him then I would rather put that guy with Money to really spread out the scoring. Hopefully one of Sven or Klimmer still end up being a top end LW player.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
TBH, if we do end up getting him then I would rather put that guy with Money to really spread out the scoring. Hopefully one of Sven or Klimmer still end up being a top end LW player.

Klimmer is looking like that solid middle 6er who will turn out to be our 3rd liner when we are contending. I am really hoping Sven can turn it around and become that 2nd line LW we can definitely use. Hopefully he gets called up this year.

For this year's draft (and assuming we draft 8-12), I hope we pick a top end RW prospect like Sprong or a PMD like Roy.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Klimmer is looking like that solid middle 6er who will turn out to be our 3rd liner when we are contending. I am really hoping Sven can turn it around and become that 2nd line LW we can definitely use. Hopefully he gets called up this year.

For this year's draft (and assuming we draft 8-12), I hope we pick a top end RW prospect like Sprong or a PMD like Roy.

If we are finishing out of playoffs anyway i am hoping for Hanfin. Exactly what we need now.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Either one would be great.

Either one would be /rebuild, IMO. I'm quite happy with the core of young guys we've amassed, and it seems now a matter of not who do we still need (aside from one of Hanifin or Kylington), but where the guys we have will line up.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
There is no way Hanifin/Kylington are at the 8-12th spot. That's why I said Sprong/Roy.

I am hoping we fall down to top 5 draft position. That of coarse is only if we cannot make the playoffs, which i do not think we can just yet. We may as well hope to be in bottom 5 and pick up one of the stud blueliners and be well on our way out of rebuild.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Back to Johnny, I think he is going to have a lot of minutes tonight, especially because Raymond is still out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gaudreau - Bennett - Ferland/Poirier

:nod:
In 5 years

Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Bennett - Jankowski - Klimchuk
Agostino/Ferland - Knight/Arnold - Poirier
Bouma - Knight/Arnold - Jooris
Bollig/???

Giordano - Brodie
Wotherspoon - ???
Kanzig - Sieloff
Kulak

Gillies
Ortio

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
In 5 years

Bollig/???

Giordano - Brodie
Wotherspoon - ???
Kanzig - Sieloff
Kulak

Gillies
Ortio

Gaudreau - Bennett - Poirier
Klimchuk - Monahan - Colborne
Ferland - Jankowski - Granlund
Bouma - Backlund - Smith
Jooris/Arnold/Knight

Any way you slice it, man is there a lot to look forward to :yo:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In 5 years

Bollig/???

Giordano - Brodie
Wotherspoon - ???
Kanzig - Sieloff
Kulak

Gillies
Ortio

You forgot to explain the part where the Flames attempt to sign Stamkos to a 17-year, $200M front-loaded contract and end up getting stripped of their next 5 consecutive first-round draft picks. :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Nice to see you've written off Baertschi :sarcasm:

RK7Vgu8.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gotta love the idea that people still have, where we field an entire NHL team, using our own picks. In the modern age, that's happened all of never.

Love the optimism that we get everyone to the NHL, but likelihood of that happening is near zero. It'd be foolish to put all our eggs in that basket.

That being said:

Bennett, Gaudreau, Monahan, Granny, Backlund, Brodie & Wotherspoon all look like they will be high end to very solid NHLer's in their own rights.

Who knows what name Calgary could pullout of a trade, or a freebie like Colborne. That late pick is looking like it's going to be a big fixture on our team for the next decade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gotta love the idea that people still have, where they think people actually believe they will field a team with their own picks. With the lack of crystal balls it is all we have to work with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad