Waived: Johnny Brodzkini

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So we're going to wait for Leschyshyn to get as good at faceoffs as Brodzinski already is?
I really don't know what's needed to be discussed here.

1. Rangers were at 14 F and for TDL cap reason can only carry 13 so one had to go through waivers and sent to Hartford
2. They just picked up Leschyshyn who's 23 and need to give him a chance to show what he got. FWIIW I like Brodzinski as a 4th liner and haven't seen much in Leschyshyn but he needs more than 3 games for a fair chance.
3. Can't let Blais go through waivers - there's a higher chance compared to Brodzinski that he'd be picked up and there's probably some residual value there - maybe could be used in a trade instead of losing a pick, or maybe the Rangers want to keep him for next season counting on further recovery while signing him to a cheaper contract

Combined all of the above and it made sense that Brodzinski was the one Drury decided to sent to Hartford for now.

P.S. Re. FO stats this is the area where career % especially for younger players is not a good stat - pick current year maybe 2/3 years if it's an older player because most of young centers struggle in the circle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I really don't know what's needed to be discussed here.

1. Rangers were at 14 F and for TDL cap reason can only carry 13 so one had to go through waivers and sent to Hartford
2. They just picked up Leschyshyn who's 23 and need to give him a chance to show what he got. FWIIW I like Brodzinski as a 4th liner and haven't seen much in Leschyshyn but he needs more than 3 games for a fair chance.
3. Can't let Blais go through waivers - there's a higher chance compared to Brodzinski that he'd be picked up and there's probably some residual value there - maybe could be used in a trade instead of losing a pick, or maybe the Rangers want to keep him for next season counting on further recovery while signing him to a cheaper contract

Combined all of the above and it made sense that Brodzinski was the one Drury decided to sent to Hartford for now.

P.S. Re. FO stats this is the area where career % especially for younger players is not a good stat - pick current year maybe 2/3 years if it's an older player because most of young centers struggle in the circle.
Why is it imperative that Leschyshyn gets a chance to "show what he's got?"

23 is a grandpa. If he wants to carve out an opportunity for himself, he can do that in the AHL. If he gets claimed, he gets claimed. He was an injury body and hasn't shown that he's more than that in the time Gauthier was out.

The next time somebody complains about our 4th line, I'm going to direct them to where we got rid of a good 4th liner to hand out a random tryout to some random dude.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

23 is a grandpa. If he wants to carve out an opportunity for himself, he can do that in the AHL. If he gets claimed, he gets claimed. He was an injury body and hasn't shown that he's more than that in the time Gauthier was out.

The next time somebody complains about our 4th line, I'm going to direct them to where we got rid of a good 4th liner to hand out a random tryout to some random dude.
Obviously the Rangers didn't just picked him up off the waivers to immediately lose him back to the waivers.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Jake Leschyshyn is only playing in his 67th NHL game at the age of 23 2ed PRO and 2ed NHL season, where Brodzinski is played 100 NHL games at the age of 29 of 8 PRO seasons and only playing no more than 35 NHL games in ONE season during his 8 pro season pretty damn pathetic, while Jake has already played more than 35 NHL games in 1 NHL season with 41 NHL games on a better team. One is an AHL Veteran and the other Jake is trying to get a chance on the 4th line. I rather take the chance on a young player with room to improve over some AHL vet that is not an everyday player because he sucks. He cant beat out Sammy Blais minor league scrub not an NHL player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jake Leschyshyn is only playing in his 67th NHL game at the age of 23 2ed PRO and 2ed NHL season, where Brodzinski is played 100 NHL games at the age of 29 of 8 PRO seasons and only playing no more than 35 NHL games in ONE season during his 8 pro season pretty damn pathetic, while Jake has already played more than 35 NHL games in 1 NHL season with 41 NHL games on a better team. One is an AHL Veteran and the other Jake is trying to get a chance on the 4th line. I rather take the chance on a young player with room to improve over some AHL vet that is not an everyday player because he sucks. He cant beat out Sammy Blais minor league scrub not an NHL player.
Yeah let's take the chance that the young player becomes Brodzinski someday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad