Waived: Johnny Brodzkini

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wow I guess you like AHL players like Nieves. about time. Jake is younger and more potential. Wins faceoffs. More skill more physical. Blais should have been waived before Brodzinski
Brodzinski is better at faceoffs and it's not particularly close.

Brodzinski has won a majority of his faceoffs in the NHL and the other guy has lost a majority of his.

People make fun of the analytics but shit like that is why I keep going to them. Without stats, we make things up and just believe it.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Brodzinski is a AAAA player. He’ll put up points in the AHL and do next to nothing in the NHL. I doubt anyone claims him unless they are in a roster crunch at the moment, like we were when we claimed Leschyshyn.

Reactions: cwede

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
How is he better than anyone if he literally does nothing?

May as well keep the younger guy who does nothing. Maybe he becomes more than nothing like Gauthier

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
f*** Drury. Brod was everything you can ask for in a 4C. Blais should have gone.
Brodzinski is literally not bad enough to stick as a 4th liner.

Decent speed, wins faceoffs, takes his shifts with sound defensive play.

Some jack leg who has to run around like a bowling ball because he can't keep up with NHL play gets the spot because he's more noticable.

And yeah, why is Blais getting the spot over by either of them? Trying to save face on a bad trade? It's over. Drury stalking his ex here.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
f*** Drury. Brod was everything you can ask for in a 4C. Blais should have gone.
Brodz very most likely clears.
IMHI Blais isn't the zero many posters here wanna believe.
Recovery, from that severe an injury, in a sport like NHL hockey, isn't a straight line.
I expect him to make some key contributions by season's end.
And despite what many here post, Blais does have more value around the league. He earned a ring (he did) and that IS valued around the league.

I like and appreciate Brodz. Defended him here last week against the same exagerated slander slung at Blais. He'll help in Pack's rebound, and be just a call away if/when needed again.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Leschyshyn, not Blais, is why Brodzinski is going.

Tres leches for everyone

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does Sammy Blais play center? No? Do Leschyshyn and Brodzinksi, and for that matter Carpenter, play center? Right.

Sure, get rid of Sammy Blais if you want. But these moves involving the 4C, why would they have anything to do with Blais? This is like a variation of the same conversation we had about Tolvanen or Leschyshyn.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Goodrow should be 4C, not whatever guys they are shuffling between Hartford and NYC.

Reactions: Kords

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Drury is just being stubborn & won't admit his mistake at this point.... like Bettman with Arizona. The right move is to waive Blais.
Presumably hopefully Brod clears.
Brod has decent speed, we need more of, and shot, so that x 2.

Waiving Blais is not the answer. While we will have Cuylie, when he gets here but not immediately, Blais is useful insurance in case of injury to Goodrow. Remember we need someone stapled to bread's ass, esp for POs.
Also remember, Blais was actually noticeably good before pos Subban slewfooted him, and there is at least hope Sammy da bull can recover enuf to approach that good form.

Lose Carpenter, Lesch

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Brods can't fetch a first liner though.
Neither could Blais except we have a shit GM who was an overpaid player that stole money from this team and now he's back for more, who made the dumbest trade this org has made since Zubov and won't write it off.

"Maybe Blais will be useful next year!"

Get rid of him, he sucks.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Presumably hopefully Brod clears.
Brod has decent speed, we need more of, and shot, so that x 2.

Waiving Blais is not the answer. While we will have Cuylie, when he gets here but not immediately, Blais is useful insurance in case of injury to Goodrow. Remember we need someone stapled to bread's ass, esp for POs.
Also remember, Blais was actually noticeably good before pos Subban slewfooted him, and there is at least hope Sammy da bull can recover enuf to approach that good form.

Lose Carpenter, Lesch
All I can say about Cuylle is that when he gets here, he'd better not be playing on the 4th line.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I think there are more factors to this then people want to realize.

Jake Leschyshyn has played well. He has good speed, plays aggressive, drives the net, is still young, and is signed cheap for 2 more years.

Brod is a good 4th line/13th forward and the team likes him clearly. Is he better than Blais? I think so, but remember, Brod is the Wolfpack captain. He is a big time offensive player in the AHL and the Pack are playing well right now. Getting him back will be huge. Much more important than getting Blais.

Also, I am not entirely sure, but I think Brod's home is in CT. Don't quote me on that but most Rangers live in CT so I wouldn't be surprised considering he signed with us for 3 years total and he knows he spends most of that time in Hartford.

With Hunt on waivers, maybe Blais gets waived and Hunt gets reclaimed? Haha

Reactions: cwede

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
How many more consecutive scratches does Blais need to be put on a conditioning stint?

They should just waive him and bring Hunt back, but we’re going to keep him around for whatever reason until the heat death of the universe

Reactions: Do you want ants

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
That's exactly where he will be playing.
Awesome. Can't wait for a power forward prospect who's comp'd to peak Ryan Malone potentially, that might turn into a second/third liner wth solid offensive skills someday, to be typecast as another fourth line grinder. MAYBE HE CAN HIT STUF!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad