Line Combos: Joey Hishon Talk

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Very good 2nd game considering the circumstances. I hope he stays in the NHL now because I'm really looking forward to watch him play and develop in the next season.

sebavalanche

He wasn't named the best stick-handler in the OHL for no reason. What could've been if it wasn't for McNabb.

I believe he was also voted best playmaker as well. I think he should make the team next year. If he can get stronger which there's no reason to think he wont since he just started training with Andy Obrien this past off-season and will continue to do so I'd imagine.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Re-sign. Elite potential. :yo:

He looked like a 4th line player with good hands and skating ability. Impossible to judge him based upon what he's doing in the past two games. He was put in a very difficult circumstance, re: his first NHL game(s).

He did OK - not bad, nothing worth getting an erection over - he did OK.

if by OK, you mean showed he was capable of 40 goal seasons, then I agree

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really hope we keep playing Hishon despite Duchene's return. Kid looks much better then Malone, Carey, Cliche, etc. Maybe even Talbot.

I'd like to see him on the 3rd line next game. Once Duchene goes back to his regular spot, I'm hoping we run these lines:

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stas - Mack
Ginner - Hishon - Talbot
McCleod - Cliche - Bordeleau

Crazy to think we could potentially get Tanguay AND Mitchell back if we make it to the 2nd round. Our 3rd line becomes our 4th line. Our Offensive depth would be the strongest its been all year.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Really hope we keep playing Hishon despite Duchene's return. Kid looks much better then Malone, Carey, Cliche, etc. Maybe even Talbot.

I'd like to see him on the 3rd line next game. Once Duchene goes back to his regular spot, I'm hoping we run these lines:

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stas - Mack
Ginner - Hishon - Talbot

Crazy to think we could potentially get Tanguay AND Mitchell back if we make it to the 2nd round. Our 3rd line becomes our 4th line. Our Offensive depth would be the strongest its been all year.

Wait is Duchene back tonight for sure?!?

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stas - Mack
Ginner - Hishon - Talbot

Tanguay is not coming back this season. You also need people like Malone and Talbot to hit all the things, you can't just have a team made up of scorers. Cliche is a pretty decent penalty killer. He is just being asked to do too much right now.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Tanguay won't be back.
Didn't Roy say he had 4 months recovery of which 2 is now done.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I hope they find a spot for Joey on the wing. Bring him to the MacKinnon school of development, start him out on the third line. Not saying he'll develop on the same path, I just really want him to stick with the team :laugh:

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stas - Mack
Ginner - Hishon - Talbot

I would love to see that lineup and hopefully Roy wouldn't be too gunshy to put Hishon in a top 9 role. I could see Roy making a Ginner - Talbot - McCleod 3rd with Hishon or Malone on the 4th line though. Cliche and Bordy stay based on Roy's tendency of sticking with the guys who have played all season (as he should).

I would love to see Mitchell and even Tangs in but I think we have to temper our expectations. Tangs will likely be a while longer (a couple months) before he is healthy and in game shape. Roy made it sound like Mitchell was not doing well. He was scheduled to go on the stationary bike in Minny before game 3 and I am guessing that he had a setback, unfortunately.

Huis Clos*

Cliche is playing above his head on the third line, but Hishon and his 12 minutes of NHL experience is no solution there either. Kid would get eaten alive defensively.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Cliche is playing above his head on the third line, but Hishon and his 12 minutes of NHL experience is no solution there either. Kid would get eaten alive defensively.

Tell that to his 100% Corsi last game. There is a reason he moved up last game and started in OT.

Huis Clos*

Tell that to his 100% Corsi last game. There is a reason he moved up last game and started in OT.

In seven minutes of ice time playing the weakest competition of anyone on the team except for Bordeleau and Malone.

C'mon, let's not cherry pick our stats without giving any sort of context.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
There is no harm throwing him on the 3rd line. McGinn would be wasted playing with Cliche there. I'm not suggesting we scratch Cliche either, let him play on the 4th line and PK. Wild's 3rd line has young inexperienced players on it as well.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stas - Mack
Ginner - Hishon - Talbot

Didn't Roy say that if Duchene plays, he plays 4th line?

Though if the Avs are down going into the 3rd period, I wonder how quickly that would change to something more along what you've proposed. ;)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Didn't Roy say that if Duchene plays, he plays 4th line?

Though if the Avs are down going into the 3rd period, I wonder how quickly that would change to something more along what you've proposed. ;)

Technically all he said today is that he would find a spot on one of the 4 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad