Line Combos: Joey Hishon Talk

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
PAP hasn't been good so my guess:

McGinn - ROR - Hishon.

I think ROR and Hishon are friends so they may have develop some quick chemistry.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just to clarify, we don't know if he'll play for sure yet.

Adrian Dater ‏@adater 55m
Roy said he will evaluate Hishon at practice tomorrow to decide whether to put him in the lineup for Game 4 or not

If he does play, I want to see him take PAP's spot. The Avs need to spread out their scoring too. O'Reilly's line isn't generating enough quality chances. We know Mack has chemistry with Staz, and Landy, has chemistry with O'Reilly. Like to see them go with that, move Talbot to center instead of Cliche, and give Malone a bigger role. I really think he's got some much needed big hits, and a big goal in him.

McGinn - Staz - MacKinnon
Landy - O'Reilly - Hishon
McLeod - Talbot - Malone
Carey - Cliche - Bordy

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
PAP hasn't been good so my guess:

McGinn - ROR - Hishon.

I think ROR and Hishon are friends so they may have develop some quick chemistry.

I think Hishon could possibly breath some life into this line after how poorly they were offensively the last two games.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I hope he does play. I'm really excited to see him play. The kid has talent and I'm sure he's hungry to get in. Interesting choice by Roy out of the Black Aces to pick Hishon. Must have heard good things or has a feeling about him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't think they're going to break up the Landeskog/Stastny combo Foppa, that combo has been together pretty much the entire season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think they're going to break up the Landeskog/Stastny combo Foppa, that combo has been together pretty much the entire season.

I don't think they will either, but I think that's the best way to balance the scoring with combos that are proven. They should consider it if they're still not generating anything during the game. They should have done it in the 2nd period last game IMO. They're a perfect keep it simple grinding line, with good finishing skills. That's what it might take to get to Kuemper.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Just to clarify, we don't know if he'll play for sure yet.

Adrian Dater ‏@adater 55m
Roy said he will evaluate Hishon at practice tomorrow to decide whether to put him in the lineup for Game 4 or not
If he doesn't play, then I'd be stunned. What would be the justification in keeping Carey in the lineup over Hishon? Carey isn't providing anything, and the PP needs a spark. At least give it a shot with Hishon.

I'd be pretty surprised if they put him right in the top 6.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As bad as PAP has been, I don't think Paul Carey deserves to be in the lineup over him (unless PAP is playing hurt)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I called the Heatley recall for the Wild last game a desperation move, if that was desperation then I can't even think of a word for Hishon playing, if he does. Good luck to him, whatever happens.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Well at least that dirty heap of trash Cooke isn't going to be around to give him another concussion.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I said it before and I'll say it again, I really want his first few shifts to have a protector with him at all times. A couple shifts with bordy and then put him up with McGinn on the ROR line, or with Landy on Stastny's line.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
At the very least, he gets to practice with NHL level talent. That's a big step for his development. Hasn't had much of a chance to utilize his vision and passing skills to the best of his ability so far stuck in LE.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Has hishon looked good this year? I haven't paid any attention.

Seemed to be in and out of the lineup most of the year.

Didn't have a strong finish to the season. Went pointless his last 9 games.

Finished 8th in team scoring with 24 points in 50 games. Numbers aren't always an accurate representation of a player in the AHL though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Start Hish out on the 3rd line with Talbot and McLeod, and if PAP continues to play like crap, swap Hish and PAP.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If you listen to Roy's presser, Hishon is basically up to spark the PP. Roy said he's never seen him play once, other than TV, so he has to see him in practice tomorrow and see how he works on the PP with pressure, and they'll see if he can keep up with the pace, then they'll decide.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If you listen to Roy's presser, Hishon is basically up to spark the PP. Roy said he's never seen him play once, other than TV, so he has to see him in practice tomorrow and see how he works on the PP with pressure, and they'll see if he can keep up with the pace, then they'll decide.

I got the same impression. It also signals that PAP is probably back at the point to replace Barrie... using 7 forwards on the PP between the 2 units.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

Pretty sad that we have to turn to the AHL to spark our powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad