Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

FlutteringSaucer

Apr 27, 2012
What's wrong with Armia? His point totals are not impressive, has he regressed or is it just that he hasn't had much luck go his way? IIRC he suffered a concussion earlier in the season, is that affecting his play?

There are people here who've seen more of him but based on the couple of games that I've seen there's not much wrong with him. He's not had a monster start but still decent. After all he's second in team in goals only behind to lockout-signing Joensuu.

One reason to his kind of average stats might be in his linemates too. I think that the level of centers in the team drops drastically after Dixon.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I saw Ässät-Tappara game yesterday and Armia looked really good, nice and flashy moves and a couple of good passes. Had chances to get 1+2 but unfortunately sometimes the luck is not on his side.

I think we should remember the fact that goalies are excellent in FEL. Teams are also well organized and the game is physical. If Armia played in some other european league, the numbers could be different.

Anyway i'm pretty confident that he will score 22+ goals this season and will be the number one winger in Finland's U20-team after christmas.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Armia suffering from post-concussion syndrome. Will now be day-to-day and won't be playing against Pelicans.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Relates to concussion how? Nothing wrong with HIS right leg.

Man, i know like dozen of guys myself included who BROKE their freaking knees after similar check to head and walked away without a concussion. Also when i did reply for that video, nobody was talking anything about concussion, so because of my personal experience i was more worried about his knee (guys tend to come out of a concussion as guys they were before it did happen, guys tend out to come out of serious knee injury as a shade they were)

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Man, i know like dozen of guys myself included who BROKE their freaking knees after similar check to head and walked away without a concussion. Also when i did reply for that video, nobody was talking anything about concussion, so because of my personal experience i was more worried about his knee (guys tend to come out of a concussion as guys they were before it did happen, guys tend out to come out of serious knee injury as a shade they were)

But in this case concussion is what resulted from that hit. No knee injury involved! OK?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Armia still not able to take part in practice and won't be playing tomorrow against HPK.

In other news, Ramzi Abid's suspension got reduced by one game to three and he can play this Friday.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
After today's game head coach Karri Kivi said that Armia is looking a bit better has regained some color to his cheeks when he has been there at the team's indoor rink. Kivi hopes that Armia could start practise on Tuesday.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
The team's website is saying that Armia is ready to play this week and will practise with the team tomorrow.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
A nice deke through a defenceman and scores a goal in the second period against Lukko.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Played a pretty strong game today also against Blues. Back-checked, got some chances and didn't score in the SO. 21.07 of icetime in the 2-1 loss.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Didn't so much against Tappara two days ago in the 4-1-win so it's good to see, hear and read that he then got back on track and played well against Canada in the practise match just before the upcoming WJC.

Hopefully he has a solid tournament, gets some confidence for the second half of SM-liiga season and then gets to Rochester as soon as possible. Why? Well, the truth is that he just hasn't developed that much over here over the last 2 years and one could speculate that one of the bigger reasons is that he has been playing under a head coach that doesn't seem to push you all that much while also lacking quite a bit of knowledge in the profession.

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Well, the truth is that he just hasn't developed that much over here over the last 2 years and one could speculate that one of the bigger reasons is that he has been playing under a head coach that doesn't seem to push you all that much while also lacking quite a bit of knowledge in the profession.

Eep, sounds similar to the Rochester head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad